Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Our Nicola is a committed Royalist - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61676157

"She said she wanted the Queen and her successors to remain as head of state if Scotland becomes independent."

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

For decades, it's been SNP policy that Lizzie remains as head of state in an independent Scotland.

They'd be absolute idiots to demand otherwise. It helps convince a portion of the royalists that independence isn't as big a change as it seems, and republicans are aware that they've got a far greater chance of ditching the royals when it's just Scots deciding on the issue.

Even if you believe THAT WOMAN isn't playing politics with those quotes, it ought to make no difference whatsoever, as (and I know this can be hard to understand) she's a transient politician who'll be replaced if the public aren't happy with her.

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Our Nicola is a committed Royalist - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61676157

"She said she wanted the Queen and her successors to remain as head of state if Scotland becomes independent."

You’re not very bright are you.  Also, trolling this pish over two forums is pretty bad.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re not very bright are you.  Also, trolling this pish over two forums is pretty bad.

So which part of the BBC's quotes are wrong? Other posters said that it was old news.

So you're full of shit and pishing yer knickers again, Granny! 😂

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So which part of the BBC's quotes are wrong? Other posters said that it was old news.

So you're full of shit and pishing yer knickers again, Granny! 😂

Never said any of it was wrong but if you thing thinks are as cut and dried as you’re making out then maybe political discourse, which is full of nuances, subtleties and realpolitik is not for you.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Never said any of it was wrong but if you thing thinks are as cut and dried as you’re making out then maybe political discourse, which is full of nuances, subtleties and realpolitik is not for you.

So is Sturgeon a Royalist or was she telling lies to court the pro-Monarchy vote?

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

So is Sturgeon a Royalist or was she telling lies to court the pro-Monarchy vote?

Don’t know, probably the latter for which I would offer no criticism at all.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Don’t know, probably the latter for which I would offer no criticism at all.

So it's okay for Sturgeon to tell lies but other politicians should be prosecuted or forced to resign for doing so.

You're a typical politician who treats honesty and integrity with utter contempt. 

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So it's okay for Sturgeon to tell lies but other politicians should be prosecuted or forced to resign for doing so.

You're a typical politician who treats honesty and integrity with utter contempt. 

Go away.  You’re annoying me and embarrassing yourself.

2 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Screenshot_20220605_194253.jpg

Clearly an arch-unionist. The worst sort of unionist.

One that calls for a referendum, in 2023 apparently, and just to show how devoted to the union she is she'll hold one and campaign to win!

Devious.

Jonathan Shafi is a divisive figure (RISE were a joke, and his antics over trying to disolve the Radical Independence Campaign lost him a lot of credibility), but his new long-form analyses of Scottish politics seem pretty convincing to me.

Shall we say he's not at all optimistic about the prospect of another referendum, and increasingly sees the SNP ar corporate, right wing, and much more interested in appearing "reasonable" on issues such as NATO membership, and in not rocking the boat generally, than in the votes and motivations of the membership.

A long read, but worthwhile. https://jonathonshafi.substack.com/p/tipping-point?s=r

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Jonathan Shafi is a divisive figure (RISE were a joke, and his antics over trying to disolve the Radical Independence Campaign lost him a lot of credibility), but his new long-form analyses of Scottish politics seem pretty convincing to me.

Shall we say he's not at all optimistic about the prospect of another referendum, and increasingly sees the SNP ar corporate, right wing, and much more interested in appearing "reasonable" on issues such as NATO membership, and in not rocking the boat generally, than in the votes and motivations of the membership.

A long read, but worthwhile. https://jonathonshafi.substack.com/p/tipping-point?s=r

Is the RIC still on the go then?  I was under the impression that it actually did disband.

3 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Is the RIC still on the go then?  I was under the impression that it actually did disband.

Shafi tried to dissolve it but it seems the majority of the RIC ignored him and have carried on. It was always a movement based on local branches rather than an all-powerful national leadership. The attitude of the branches seems to have been "Oh, you're leaving? Bye then."

The RIC have had national meetings on a couple of occasions since Shafi and the Trot cadres departure.