Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

21 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Whit a mess Scotland is in, between the Yoons and wee Nippy's mob - never the twain shall meet. No discussions anymore, just whitabootery

It's not just Scotland. It's the same all over. Everything is them and us. No middle ground. No discussion. No compromise.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

It's not just Scotland. It's the same all over. Everything is them and us. No middle ground. No discussion. No compromise.

If politicians would just stop making stupid rules foisted on them by so-called experts, things would be a lot, lot better.

I do not blame Sturgeon for being without mask (just like myself) and neither do I blame Boris for attending a few parties (just as I did).

Making rules to deny people doing what people do never works.

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Whit a mess Scotland is in, between the Yoons and wee Nippy's mob - never the twain shall meet. No discussions anymore, just whitabootery

Yeah it's a shame. I thought some of the posters on this section may not be so blinkered to actually call it out for what it is. Instead they're all quick to deflect and have some petty squabble. Sad state of affairs.

Almost like if you criticise the FM making a mistake then you've went against the gang. You can call it an error or lapse of judgement and still take a position "yoons" are overreacted and trying to smear her etc... it's quite disturbing how some people don't seem to care at all presumably because they're laser focused on Indy being delivered (stop laughing at the back)

One of the phrases some of the more colourful posters went for when Boris broke his own rules was "they could shite on your doorstep and get away with it". After reading the last page I'm convinced some here would be asking Nicola to do them the pleasure and have the toilet roll in their hands at the ready. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If politicians would just stop making stupid rules foisted on them by so-called experts, things would be a lot, lot better.

I do not blame Sturgeon for being without mask (just like myself) and neither do I blame Boris for attending a few parties (just as I did).

True, the rules should never have been law but merely guidelines

If you can’t tell the difference between a momentary lapse in memory by someone who is photographed every waking hour she’s in public and the repeatesd hosting or attending boozy parties in their own home and then repeatedly lying to the HoC and public about whether they even took place or not then your either a worse troll or a lot thicker than people have given you credit for. Take your pick. 

12 minutes ago, stumobir said:

If you can’t tell the difference between a momentary lapse in memory by someone who is photographed every waking hour she’s in public and the repeatesd hosting or attending boozy parties in their own home and then repeatedly lying to the HoC and public about whether they even took place or not then your either a worse troll or a lot thicker than people have given you credit for. Take your pick. 

Definitely the latter.

24 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Aye there’s no equivalence.  As someone who firmly believes in a diverse and inclusive society I hope all these unionist apologists f**k off to England after Independence.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye there’s no equivalence.  As someone who firmly believes in a diverse and inclusive society I hope all these unionist apologists f**k off to England after Independence.

Or Wales or Northern Ireland no?

Was that an anglophobic slip?

12 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think I'll get upset about maskgate when Sturgeon says that she wasn't there, then if she was there all rules were followed, then denies it was against the rules a dozen-ish times in Parliament. 

Until then, not so much. 

5-secondgate

She didn't even have a drink in her hand. I find it hard to be outraged by Nicola Sturgeon going into a building, smiling and... PUTTTING HER MASK ON!!!!

The horror.

The old false equivalence - they are not the same.

Hilarious seeing the roasters on the Covid thread who have openly boasted of not wearing a mask for months claiming they will accept NS apologising and PAYING THE FINE. I assume they paid a fine every time they stepped into premises sans mask ? All this on the day it all ends as far as Covid is concerned too.

I fully accept that some people have a dislike of Sturgeon. That is entirely your right. 

But to try and use this latest 'mask-gate' thing as some kind of a "gotcha!" moment or to try and equate it with what BoJo and his staff/pals have been up to with party-gate, completely and utterly reeks of desperation. It's absolutely pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I fully accept that some people have a dislike of Sturgeon. That is entirely your right. 

But to try and use this latest 'mask-gate' thing as some kind of a "gotcha!" moment or to try and equate it with what BoJo and his staff/pals have been up to with party-gate, completely and utterly reeks of desperation. It's absolutely pathetic. 

Always amazes me how little they've managed to dig up on her, to the point that the quest has unhinged more than a few minds.

She's a poliician, FFS - she's bound to have had somebody murdered.