Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

24 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And Johnson and Farage pursued something that separated the UK from the EU with no hope of Scotland rejoining bar separation from the UK. Brexit was built out of racism, anti-European sentiment and lies plastered on the side of buses. The UK is a separatist state currently powered by blind, red-white-and-blue nationalism (and historic levels of debt). 

Say what you want about Brexit it’s not been anywhere near the disaster that people said it would be. Scottish independence on the other hand would be a cataclysmic disaster. We’ve got the biggest deficit in Europe and we rely on England to pay for our services. If we left the UK there would be zero public services. How can any of you turn a blind eye to that? 

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

Say what you want about Brexit it’s not been anywhere near the disaster that people said it would be. Scottish independence on the other hand would be a cataclysmic disaster. We’ve got the biggest deficit in Europe and we rely on England to pay for our services. If we left the UK there would be zero public services. How can any of you turn a blind eye to that? 

Absolute pish.

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Do you genuinely not the see the irony in this? “Everyone who forecast doom about Brexit was wrong - so much for experts! Now, excuse me whilst I forecast doom about Scottish independence - because you can totally trust me!”

Well done on the “too poor” canard though - you’ve even stepped it up with the “ZERO public services” prediction, because of course literally everything in Scotland is paid for by England. That explains why I pay not a single penny in tax.

You know when people mock BritNats and paraphrase them for condemning Scotland as “too wee, too poor, and too stupid”? Laughable, self-hating claims like yours are why they do that.

Edited by Antlion

I'm sure there are a few fishermen and farmers who would disagree"
We rely on England to pay for our services"
If we left the UK there would be zero public services"
"too poor" bingo called.

38 minutes ago, strichener said:

Telling lies isn't anything to do with Unionist, nationalist or communist leanings.

It is entirely possible to accept that Nicola and Boris are equally capable of lying.  The only difference is how sleekit they are afterwards and in that respect Nicola wins easily.

I think you missed my point.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The full EU/UK trading regs haven't even kicked in yet and the harm is still disguised by the consequences of Covid.

That was always going to be the case. It's either the EU, Eire, or the pandemic that will be at fault, despite the government's own "best scenario" predictions show the country getting poorer and our rights being restricted in the short to medium term. I wouldn't put it past Brexiteers to blame those, who think Brexit is nothing but narrow political vandalism, as not being "patriotic enough" for the UK to succeed.

Edited by Ric

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

Telling lies isn't anything to do with Unionist, nationalist or communist leanings.

It is entirely possible to accept that Nicola and Boris are equally capable of lying.  The only difference is how sleekit they are afterwards and in that respect Nicola wins easily.

The trouble you have is that the reality of their respective public careers does not correlate to them behaving in a remotely equal manner. You're swimming against reality when you imagine that the only reason for their vastly differing histories is because Nicola is simply smarter at covering it up. 

The more mundane explanation is that Nicola is simply more straightforward and more honest.

Less prone to dishonesty.

No secret parties. No affairs. Not been fired for being grossly dishonest and delinquent.

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Do you genuinely not the see the irony in this? “Everyone who forecast doom about Brexit was wrong - so much for experts! Now, excuse me whilst I forecast doom about Scottish independence - because you can totally trust me!”

Well done on the “too poor” canard though - you’ve even stepped it up with the “ZERO public services” prediction, because of course literally everything in Scotland is paid for by England. That explains why I pay not a single penny in tax.

You know when people mock BritNats and paraphrase them for condemning Scotland as “too wee, too poor, and too stupid”? Laughable, self-hating claims like yours are why they do that.

No, there’s a major difference. The people who forecasted that Brexit would fail were left-wing types who wanted it to fail. The media at the moment is left leaning so predictable utter nonsense when it came to Brexit. With Scottish independence it is a fact that we would seriously struggle as we don’t generate enough money through tax payers to fund services. 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

No, there’s a major difference. The people who forecasted that Brexit would fail were left-wing types who wanted it to fail. The media at the moment is left leaning so predictable utter nonsense when it came to Brexit. With Scottish independence it is a fact that we would seriously struggle as we don’t generate enough money through tax payers to fund services. 

Neither does or did the UK. It spends beyond its means and doesn’t generate anywhere near enough money through tax to fund services. The people who forecast that Scottish independence will fail are right-wing BritNats who don’t want it to happen (you see how easy it is to just smear anyone who predicts things you don’t like?).

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Neither does or did the UK. It spends beyond its means and doesn’t generate anywhere near enough money through tax to fund services. The people who forecast that Scottish independence will fail are right-wing BritNats who don’t want it to happen (you see how easy it is to just smear anyone who predicts things you don’t like?).

It’s not right-wing types who don’t want independence. Plenty of centre -left and left leaning people realise it can’t possibly work; people like George Galloway for instances. Also, there’s a huge difference between having a deficit and having the biggest deficit in Europe. Scotland’s deficit is massive, so therefore there is no comparison with England’s deficit. So forecasts on Scottish independence are based on facts. 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

It’s not right-wing types who don’t want independence. Plenty of centre -left and left leaning people realise it can’t possibly work; people like George Galloway for instances. Also, there’s a huge difference between having a deficit and having the biggest deficit in Europe. Scotland’s deficit is massive, so therefore there is no comparison with England’s deficit. So forecasts on Scottish independence are based on facts. 

You quote George Galloway? Hehehe

11 minutes ago, MS RR said:

George Galloway is currently a psychotic, far-right extremist (inasmuch as he’s anything other than an attention seeking whore). He also supported Brexit, which kind of undoes your claim that A) he’s left wing and B) Brexit was opposed by a left wing conspiracy. Scotland and England don’t have deficits; the UK does (with Scotland and England assigned portions of it). This is hardly doing wonders for your pro-UK argument. Clearly, membership of this union is destroying Scotland.

The point you’re dancing around is this: why should I (or anyone) believe a right-winger with a BritNat agenda’s claim that Scotland is so pathetically poor it couldn’t afford a single public service if not for England’s altruistic bounty, when you didn’t believe allegedly left-wing, agenda-laden claims about the UK not surviving outside the EU?

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

Okay, will do. It’s been every bit the disaster that people said it would be.

12 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Ffs, utterly pointless interacting with this version. It's all been said before, a 100 times or more

Fair point. Little Britons like this are pretty much only useful in demonstrating how hypocritical and anti-Scotland the brainwashed extremes of UK nattery can be. They loathe everything about Scotland and grasp at anything that portrays the nation as a mendicant satellite of the motherland (even when doing so basically means we’ve become that as a consequence of membership of the state they’re supposed to be championing).

8 minutes ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

Okay, will do. It’s been every bit the disaster that people said it would be.

You have to admire the brass neck of someone who admits having fallen for Farage and Johnson’s grift, but who then goes on to present themselves as an economic expert who bases their wild claims on “facts”.

Edited by Antlion

25 minutes ago, Antlion said:

George Galloway is currently a psychotic, far-right extremist (inasmuch as he’s anything other than an attention seeking whore). He also supported Brexit, which kind of undoes your claim that A) he’s left wing and B) Brexit was opposed by a left wing conspiracy. Scotland and England don’t have deficits; the UK does (with Scotland and England assigned portions of it). This is hardly doing wonders for your pro-UK argument. Clearly, membership of this union is destroying Scotland.

The point you’re dancing around is this: why should I (or anyone) believe a right-winger with a BritNat agenda’s claim that Scotland is so pathetically poor it couldn’t afford a single public service if not for England’s altruistic bounty, when you didn’t believe allegedly left-wing, agenda-laden claims about the UK not surviving outside the EU?

No I’m not a Britnat, I support being in the union, doesn’t mean I’m a nationalist and go to bed singing God save the queen. Corbyn was for leaving the EU btw.  

It’s not a claim that Scotland would struggle it’s a fact based on the financial realities. Independence isn’t going to happen anyway so you’d be better voting for someone other than the SNP, who are a party that are making a complete mess in Scotland, that’s an issue separate to independence.