Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Guest Bob Mahelp

I quite enjoy Scott's work. 

I don't agree with him, but at least he argues his case with a certain amount of panache. 

Compare that with the puce faced lunatics on the Covid thread, screaming 'f**k YOU, YOU KHUNT' , every time someone posts something that the main players disagree with. 

I think that deep down he's a good guy pretending to be bad, but really wants to be good. 

2 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Bigotry is alive and well on P&B, evidently.

To all my haters; you'll never get me down.  Keep going with the hostility if you wish, but you'll only end up on the EEIL.  It's also not good for you long term.  You'll find contentment in life by being kind to people, not by being nasty.

Every bad-faith comment just goes over my head.  However, I will always debate reasonably with those who are reasonable with me.

Wont be worth much but i dont hate u. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't agree with him, but at least he argues his case with a certain amount of panache. 

Compare that with the puce faced lunatics on the Covid thread, screaming 'f**k YOU, YOU KHUNT' , every time someone posts something that the main players disagree with. 

I think that deep down he's a good guy pretending to be bad, but really wants to be good. 

Whats your opinion on Nicola Sturgeon?

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That's a fair shout. Just because some bloke is having a rant, that doesn't oblige me to pay any attention to him, let alone encourage him by joining in. He reminds me of the bloke near the Waverley Market wearing the placards about Jesus and sin and all that stuff.  I would notice him standing there, but just carry on.  If I can ignore the "Golf sale" and "Cheaper Repairs" advert holders, posters that just irritate folk present little difficulty. 

There's one of them on Buchanan Street as well.

He used to operate just round the corner on Sauchiehall St outside Jessops, but for some reason relocated to the steps outside Buchanan Galleries (the exit ones on the other side of Bath St,  not the ones at the Donald Dewar statue) not long after Victoria's Secret opened...

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's one of them on Buchanan Street as well.

He used to operate just round the corner on Sauchiehall St outside Jessops, but for some reason relocated to the steps outside Buchanan Galleries (the exit ones on the other side of Bath St,  not the ones at the Donald Dewar statue) not long after Victoria's Secret opened...

Whats your opinion on Nicola Sturgeon?

43 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cheers Bob.

I enjoy locking horns with anyone to be honest.  I can get  bit carried away and should really reign it in at times I suppose.

I think @lichtgilphead is a good man deep down and am aiming to soften his heart over the coming months.

29 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Wont be worth much but i dont hate u. 

Cheers Kenneth, and it's actually worth a lot.

I've been reading your posts and think you were unfairly lambasted for bringing up the demographic argument, which in my opinion is a valid one.

I don't think it's sinister to care about these things as it's relevant to your cause.  I don't think it's bad to value the existence of the Scottish people and have a pride in that group either.

With me being a Unionist I obviously look at that from a different angle.  I see the ancient Kingdoms that pre-dated Scotland and straddled what we now call borders, along with the huge movement of peoples between these kingdoms as reason to argue that Brits are a people in their own right.

Anyway, I'm going off on one so I'll  stop there! :D

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Nah. Total arsehole. 

17 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Putting them on ignore has improved my forum experience immensely, all that permaraging must be exhausting for them. The abuse didn't bother me, being called a c**t by a twat is meaningless, it's the constant despair that this is the worst of all possible worlds and how everyone is idiots apart from them. The stuff about it being like Germany in the 1930s going unchallenged by the other "main players" was the last straw for me. Sadly I've ended up adding Scotty to the select list, not so much for what he posts but the sheer volume and repetitiveness got too wearisome.

Edited by welshbairn

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Putting them on ignore has improved my forum experience immensely, all that permaraging must be exhausting for them. Sadly I've ended up adding Scotty to the select list, not so much for what he posts but the sheer volume and repetitiveness got too wearisome.

Due to the rapid expansion of the EEIL, as well as the realisation kicking in that I'm not Stormzy, I have less trolls to deal with, and my post count is reducing as a result.

You wonder how empty the lives of those who are overly hostile to others are.  Tony Ferrino and Salt v Vinegar are the most recent posters I highlight in this respect.

Post quality is also increasing the more I converse only with posters outwith the EEIL.

Hopefully you eventually take me off your list, but I can't tell you what to do.

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Putting them on ignore has improved my forum experience immensely, all that permaraging must be exhausting for them. Sadly I've ended up adding Scotty to the select list, not so much for what he posts but the sheer volume and repetitiveness got too wearisome.

Spotting a troll within three or four posts and sticking them on ignore is my superpower, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Spotting a troll within three or four posts and sticking them on ignore is my superpower, sadly.

Same here Baxter.

Easy to tell what ones it's worth persisting with and what ones should be sin binned from the off.