Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ooft. From what I’ve just seen, Martin Geissler’s just got her beyond rattled. Might even watch The Seven now. 

I take it you meant Glen Campbell, who kept asking her a question then interrupting her after two words of her response? I'd have been fucking raging as well.

This seems to be the style for the "modern political interview" though, and I just don't understand it. Surely you'd be better off letting them answer, then dismantling their argument?

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I take it you meant Glen Campbell, who kept asking her a question then interrupting her after two words of her response? I'd have been fucking raging as well.

This seems to be the style for the "modern political interview" though, and I just don't understand it. Surely you'd be better off letting them answer, then dismantling their argument?

Yes but as if Glenn Campbell has the intelligence to do that.

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Meh. Geissler, Campbell? All the same to me.  

What prompted me to post was how she’s tying herself in knots about being greenest of the green while also professing to protect oil and gas jobs (a basic tenet of 2014) is an unsolvable dichotomy. Pick a corner and stick to it, you can’t hold on to both  

And while the chap - whoever he was - wouldn’t let her ramble her way out of it (as she normally does when there’s much less of a stark choice) she got rather agitated.

That is all. 

Scotland only part of UK to see 'significant' drop in Trussell Trust food bank usage

The Scottish Government’s £10 per week payment to low-income families has been named as one of the reasons for the drop.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19745070.scotland-part-uk-see-significant-drop-trussell-trust-food-bank-usage/?fbclid=IwAR1KSGfrL3HDkJec_cFQfluj0_aGwy4nLH8xfYBfANugvrnqaFe8e9Todx4

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Pick a corner and stick to it, you can’t hold on to both  

This is ignorant bollocks, of course.  Quite apart from the vast numbers of contractors employed in the oil and gas business who won't affect Scotland's employment figures, there are ample opportunities in future renewables to create thousands of jobs.

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Meh. Geissler, Campbell? All the same to me.  

What prompted me to post was how she’s tying herself in knots about being greenest of the green while also professing to protect oil and gas jobs (a basic tenet of 2014) is an unsolvable dichotomy. Pick a corner and stick to it, you can’t hold on to both  

And while the chap - whoever he was - wouldn’t let her ramble her way out of it (as she normally does when there’s much less of a stark choice) she got rather agitated.

That is all. 

It wasn't Geissler, it isn't an insolvable dichotomy and having seen it she wasn't agitated. 

Is that all?

I'd agree though that in the infantile world of the small she shouldn't have previously speculated upon her long term.

Edited by sophia

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

This is ignorant bollocks, of course.  Quite apart from the vast numbers of contractors employed in the oil and gas business who won't affect Scotland's employment figures, there are ample opportunities in future renewables to create thousands of jobs.

And this is trite crowd pleasing bollocks, touché.  

From a govt that can’t find a way to support businesses that are supposed to be the bedrock of the renewable revolution (BiFAB as the prime example for the less critical thinkers out there). 

I am proud to say my son is employed in the renewables sector in this country. Only problem is his employer is German. We’re back at the ground floor of the oft-fabled Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund yet doing the sum total of sod all to ensure it seeds. Yet it’ll all be WM fault no doubt…

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

From a govt that can’t find a way to support businesses that are supposed to be the bedrock of the renewable revolution (BiFAB as the prime example for the less critical thinkers out there). 

I am proud to say my son is employed in the renewables sector in this country. Only problem is his employer is German. We’re back at the ground floor of the oft-fabled Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund yet doing the sum total of sod all to ensure it seeds. Yet it’ll all be WM fault no doubt…

It clearly fucking is.  Who the f**k do you think is in charge around here?

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You'll be needing to explain exactly what you mean with respect to BiFab.

Please do so whilst considering procurement law and the duties of company directors to deliver best value on behalf of shareholders.

19 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’ve been in BiFab. It was beyond antiquated and an absolute basket case of a business run by utter morons. It deserved to fail and should have had zero help.