Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Covid never been higher, where is nicoliar and her government now,   no daily TV  briefings , but f#@# me there is no election due, horrible ba"*"*# doesn't give a  feck but her sheep canny see that. 
The reason you're not seeing the briefings that she's been giving in the past month or so is because they're no longer transmitted on BBC1.

37 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Covid never been higher, where is nicoliar and her government now,   no daily TV  briefings , but f#@# me there is no election due, horrible ba"*"*# doesn't give a  feck but her sheep canny see that. 

Getting strong vibes that this is how you speak about all women tbh.

37 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Well, there is a briefing today at 12.15 that according to the Herald will be on BBC  Scotland and Parliament TV. Is that what you are desperately seeking? 

2 hours ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Phil was 10 times the poster imo.

@philyerboots hope you're ok m8 and wee nippy never killed you off during the pandemic.

Overrated IMO.

He posted his famous dug picture early on and flatly refused to revisit his early glory. Plenty of scope for a real nutcase to cash in with dug-based political cartoons/collages.

10 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Presumably he got a job printing election literature for the Conservative & Unionist Party.

Now running @scottories twitter account imo 

12 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Sturgeons taken Scotland to the top of the covid league, Fife at no8 in Europe, a total fu***** failure at everything she does, 

Top of the league.  That's an accomplishment not a failure or was your comment based on Fife only being 8th in Europe?

Joking aside, Scotland have still has fewer positives than the other UK nations and I am sure we won't be No 1 for long.

In the important indicators such as deaths then I am sure we are not top of the league.

1 hour ago, spongeheid15 said:

Sturgeons taken Scotland to the top of the covid league, Fife at no8 in Europe, a total fu***** failure at everything she does, 

That's what happens when effing idiots ignore the guidance and the law. I've been amazed at the number of folk I know who seem to think we've all become immortal in the past few weeks. Someone I know (level 2) invited us to their place on Saturday. We couldn't go. We found out today that 25 people were invited and most turned up. Also, don't even think about suggesting that they might have been outdoors... It was an effing monsoon on Saturday. We are now avoiding anyone who was there. They knew it was stupid.  Some of the folk are never off Farceberk, photos of drinks and dinners posted up at the drop of a hat, but Saturday? Nope. Total social media blackout. They knew they were being idiots, 

On Tuesday of last week, a double-vaccinated friend of ours tested positive.  

To the best of my knowledge the FM is not going around sticking covid up folks' noses to increase the infection rate.  The ignorant, selfish idiots are managing to achieve higher infection rates just fine by themselves.  

6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That's what happens when effing idiots ignore the guidance and the law. I've been amazed at the number of folk I know who seem to think we've all become immortal in the past few weeks. Someone I know (level 2) invited us to their place on Saturday. We couldn't go. We found out today that 25 people were invited and most turned up. Also, don't even think about suggesting that they might have been outdoors... It was an effing monsoon on Saturday. We are now avoiding anyone who was there. They knew it was stupid.  Some of the folk are never off Farceberk, photos of drinks and dinners posted up at the drop of a hat, but Saturday? Nope. Total social media blackout. They knew they were being idiots, 

To the best of my knowledge the FM is not going around sticking covid up folks' noses to increase the infection rate.  The ignorant, selfish idiots are managing to achieve higher infection rates just fine by themselves.  

This cannot be insignificant.

Contemporaneous evidence of a weekend gathering involving a similar number was shared with me.

These are people that should know better but then again they have been known to share quite despicable online content that purports to place Britain as the lead.

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Do people not have social gatherings in Wales, where the rate of infection is a fraction of that in Scotland?

The deflection on display at the moment is utterly pathetic.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Do people not have social gatherings in Wales, where the rate of infection is a fraction of that in Scotland?

The deflection on display at the moment is utterly pathetic.

The thing that's "utterly pathetic" is blaming a government - any government of any party - for rises in covid cases as a result not of government policy but of peoples' inability or unwillingness to follow the advice or even the law specifically aimed at reducing the spread.  If the government cocks up, fine, fire away, but don't blame them when 15-20 folk risk a serious situation by gathering indoors for 8-10 hours with bevvy. 

In my experience of discussions like these, the ones who girn the loudest about lockdowns or "the government" are the ones who have been acting like idiots and helping the virus spread.  We do 2 lateral flow tests a week and an additional one beforehand if we know we are likely to meet someone e.g. for a drink or a cuppa. 

I accept that some folk don't give a toss about the health of others, but it pisses me off when they blame "the government" for the results of their own lack of personal responsibility.