Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Gordon Brown in the Record today having a go at Nicola and the SNP.

The same Gordon Brown who shamelessly lied to the Scottish public over pensions when he campaigned with the tories in the Better Together mob.

You mean Gordon Brown isn’t to be trusted?

I am shocked at that revelation!

7 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Isn't the story behind selling the gold reserves that Brown was attempting to effectively crash the world's gold price in order to help out British banks which had made stupid bets on gold and for whom a high price was going to prove ruinous? There's definitely some nuance behind it. It's mad how a decade on this is what half the country thinks of when he comes up.

That is a story, the reality was that we diversified our reserves and bought Euros.  Stupid decision but there was a prevailing thought at the time (not just in the UK Government) that gold had lost it's shine and had no place in a modern portfolio.

On 05/04/2021 at 15:39, SandyCromarty said:

Gordon Brown in the Record today having a go at Nicola and the SNP.

The same Gordon Brown who shamelessly lied to the Scottish public over pensions when he campaigned with the tories in the Better Together mob.

Nicola, f!!! *** Nicoliar, I (that's me) miss layed £600,000, and a canny fecking find it!!,

8 minutes ago, Elric said:

Any idea why she is not appearing on Question Time tonight? Keith Brown in her place along with Douglas Ross, Anas Sarwar, Willie Rennie and Lorna Slater.

I expect Keith Brown to pick up an injury during the warm-up, Sturgeon to be the subbie and DRoss to shite himself.

35 minutes ago, Elric said:

Any idea why she is not appearing on Question Time tonight? Keith Brown in her place along with Douglas Ross, Anas Sarwar, Willie Rennie and Lorna Slater.

Basically qt is shite....but in real life she was told it wasn't for leaders and had a pre arranged q and a