Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

8 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

The problem is, all your post end up being a failed wish list.

Don’t be so fuckin stupid.

7 hours ago, madwullie said:

You really seem to have taken the Hamilton report pretty badly 

Read before posting, eh? Never had any expectations of Hamilton. That has never been the story.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Read before posting, eh? Never had any expectations of Hamilton. That has never been the story.

I didn't say you did. I said you seem to have taken it badly. Mainly because you've been flailing wildly since it came out. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Where is this, eh, ‘wild flailing’?

Take your time.

I was referring to your rambling boxing analogies in the aftermath followed up by desperately chucking actual cash on the table insisting NS will be gone in a month or two.

Then serving up a couple of meandering word salads before gathering yourself and resorting dark and mysterious hints about what the future holds, whilst not actually being specific about which dodgy machinations you're referring to, meaning no matter what happens you can fall back on a told you so lads. 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I was referring to your rambling boxing analogies in the aftermath followed up by desperately chucking actual cash on the table insisting NS will be gone in a month or two.

Then serving up a couple of meandering word salads before gathering yourself and resorting dark and mysterious hints about what the future holds, whilst not actually being specific about which dodgy machinations you're referring to, meaning no matter what happens you can fall back on a told you so lads. 

Aye, thought not.

Bye now.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

So, he’s the second most popular politician in Scotland then? 

Or is there anyone else in the middle? 

I'd imagine there's quite a few ahead of him, Sunak and Keir surely are. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'd imagine there's quite a few ahead of him, Sunak and Keir surely are. 

I thought you were listing potential replacements for Johnson.

So, he’s the second most popular politician in Scotland then? 
Or is there anyone else in the middle? 
Apparently in the same poll Johnson is more popular than Salmond. Even when he was popular, Salmond was still marmite, especially to female voters.

As I've said repeatedly - there's no reason for SNP folk to attack Alba - just leave them to their own devices.

Interestingly it looks like someone has had a word with some high profile MSPs - like Humza Yousaf - absolutely no mention of Alba in their tweets and other Social Media.

Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought you were listing potential replacements for Johnson.

That'll be Sunak I'd imagine, I think Keir will do well when the time comes but not enough to close the gap. 

Here I know this a bit out there but Stella Creasy or Lisa Nandy could be PM one day imo. 

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Apparently in the same poll Johnson is more popular than Salmond. Even when he was popular, Salmond was still marmite, especially to female voters.

As I've said repeatedly - there's no reason for SNP folk to attack Alba - just leave them to their own devices.

Interestingly it looks like someone has had a word with some high profile MSPs - like Humza Yousaf - absolutely no mention of Alba in their tweets and other Social Media.

Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

I agree with the tactics, I said as much the other day that they would be drawn in on petty arguments, Blackford comments confirmed that the other day. 

The SNP should definitely do there best to ignore the Alba stuff.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Aye. The roaster wing of the party really needed their knuckles rapped over that. Idiots.

39 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Sunak won't get the membership, IMO. It'll be Patel as she's vicious and ticks the same psychosexual boxes that Thatcher did.

I would be utterly stunned if Patel ever got the leadership. She's a useful tool to throw red meat at the Daily Mail readers and detract from Bojo and his failings but I just can't see the majority of Conservatives at this point in history electing a non white female to lead their party. They could probably stomach a woman or a non white male but the two at the same time is asking a lot for such a group. 

Victoria Atkins and Tom Tugendhat for my long range future leader predictions.

Edited by Stormzy

56 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I would be utterly stunned if Patel ever got the leadership. She's a useful tool to throw red meat at the Daily Mail readers and detract from Bojo and his failings but I just can't see the majority of Conservatives at this point in history electing a non white female to lead their party. They could probably stomach a woman or a non white male but the two at the same time is asking a lot for such a group. 

Victoria Atkins and Tom Tugendhat for my long range future leader predictions.

I don't think the membership is necessarily sexist in the way people assume, say, the Rust Belt are. They would definitely list Thatcher in the top 2 Conservative PMs if there was a vote and Patel is sufficiently cruel, vindictive, and appeals to the psychosexual deranged freaks that actually have a membership of that party. Those are qualities Sunak doesn't possess.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they went for someone bland like Dominic Raab to course correct. They also like doing that.

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don't think the membership is necessarily sexist in the way people assume, say, the Rust Belt are. They would definitely list Thatcher in the top 2 Conservative PMs if there was a vote and Patel is sufficiently cruel, vindictive, and appeals to the psychosexual deranged freaks that actually have a membership of that party. Those are qualities Sunak doesn't possess.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they went for someone bland like Dominic Raab to course correct. They also like doing that.

I think Sunak would walk a GE if he was ever Tory leader. 

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Yeah, I seriously doubt Patel will ever lead the Tories but I don't think it's because there are a significant number of Tories out there thinking "Now, I don't mind brown people and I don't mind women but a brown woman? Never!"

If Johnson were to go right now, I've no doubt Sunak would be the next leader. He's lucky in that he got to ride the crest of the wave and be the one to appear to be giving everyone free money. He's essentially had the easiest job in British politics probably for decades. the chancellor that gets to give everyone cash and has Brexit and the pandemic as an excuse.

He's also affable enough that people who aren't traditional Tories like him.