Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The SG are in a position to offer the NHS a payrise because they are in direct control of NHS Scotland, I assume. 

Binmen and teachers are employed by their local authorities and pay settlements will come from them, as they presumably always have done. 

But nationally unionised, no?

28 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

All of this is correct. And sorry if I’m being unclear, but the bit I was taking slight umbrage at was the SG pulling the NHS 4% payrise out of the hat on the day of the dissolution of parliament without addressing how other key workers would - reasonably? - expect some sort of parity, no? 

I think SG are in for a fairly big fight with just about every other Union early in the next term I’m afraid. Even the trains staff are now under SG’s direct control, best of luck with dealing with ASLEF! 

Looks like they were already under fire for trying to delay pay negotiations until recently.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/news/scotland-nhs-scotland-pay-negotiations-11-march-2021

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

So everyone was thinking it, just that nobody bothered to actually say it?

I alluded to it at the time. 

6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

You do know how politics works don’t you? Of course political parties try to create policies in order to attract votes. That’s the fucking point... unless you’re the Tory party of course.

Exactly but we need to steal it from a finite pot(unless we stupidly use our borrowing power) the Tory party don't.  We're continually using cash that should be going somewhere else to gain popularity. 

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

So you knew?

Even Big Jock knew. 

Edited by ayrmad

13 hours ago, renton said:

Why?

Tories cuddling up to a ‘failed’ local administration (saw it on Q-Anon news, aka BBC...).

13 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

The whole smear Sturgeon thing hasn't exactly worked so far.

Hasn’t started. You really need to start paying attention: she’s the smearer (and I salute her doggedness); will only become the smearee when the Daily Record (or Q-Anon... what even is that?) decide.

11 hours ago, madwullie said:

This absolutely reeks of Q-Anon style nudges and winks. 

That’s interesting, cos you’re absolutely the first person to come on with vacuous ‘conspiracy theory’ bingo calling and f**k all else to say.

WM and Unionist interference in Scottish politics definitely needs more nudges and winks... otherwise, how will we know when it’s happening?

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Tories cuddling up to a ‘failed’ local administration (saw it on Q-Anon news, aka BBC...).

Hasn’t started. You really need to start paying attention: she’s the smearer (and I salute her doggedness); will only become the smearee when the Daily Record (or Q-Anon... what even is that?) decide.

That’s interesting, cos you’re absolutely the first person to come on with vacuous ‘conspiracy theory’ bingo calling and f**k all else to say.

WM and Unionist interference in Scottish politics definitely needs more nudges and winks... otherwise, how will we know when it’s happening?

I wasn't commenting on the content of the case, I was commenting on your post. 

Pure follow the white rabbit trust the plan type contructions. 

I know stuff but I'm not letting on, do your own research patriots etc. 

ie I don't actually have anything concrete, but a few dark words will make it look like I'm in the know. 

Edited by madwullie

The Scottish NHS hits the end of a three-year pay deal on April 1st. Pay was always going to be an issue right now, and the SG have chosen to be relatively generous. Good for them.

Teachers in Scotland signed up to a three-year pay deal in 2019 so can look for more in 2022 if they so desire. You’d presume they will, and good luck to them.

Police in Scotland received a backdated 6.5% pay increase in June 2020 for the spell between September 2018-March 2021. I’d presume they’ll be looking for a small uplift in any new pay deal, why wouldn’t they, but have effectively already had their ‘reward’, and very generous it was too.

Binmen are paid by councils, with varying rates across the country. As far as I can see they’re not isolated in terms of pay, so will be included in any general council pay deals. Good luck to them.

But why let reality get in the way of criticism of the government *checks notes* giving reasonable pay rises to people who have been on the frontline of all this for over a year?

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I wasn't commenting on the content of the case, I was commenting on your post. 

Pure follow the white rabbit trust the plan type contructions. 

I know stuff but I'm not letting on, do your own research patriots etc. 

ie I don't actually have anything concrete, but a few dark words will make it look like I'm in the know. 

You’re a bit late to all this, are you not?

Tomorrow on morning Call Kaye- Why is Sturgeon taxing the NHS workers pay rise?
"For our opening tirade let's go to  our first caller, William McStaunch from Larkhall"
Not quite made it to Call Kaye yet....

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not quite made it to Call Kaye yet....

Good god, can't believe people actually think that :lol: also no comments saying the England can sort it by paying more? Or that it's well deserved? Faux balance yet again.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Good god, can't believe people actually think that :lol: also no comments saying the England can sort it by paying more? Or that it's well deserved? Faux balance yet again.

I pretty much agree with the last person. 

Thought the £500 was nonsense and this isn't any better. 

BBC Scotland make no secret of the fact they're pro-Union and anti-SNP/Indy.  I'm not sure why, in 2021, people still appear to be taken aback by this.

On this morning's GMS a gadge phones in to say that his sister is a senior nurse and she was happy with the 1% and that the 4% is a political stunt and that his sister will give it away to charity.

Who knew that Murdo Fraser's sister was a nurse?

Aye right Murdo.

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
26 minutes ago, bernardblack said:
*Nicola Sturgeon announces 4% pay rise on Twitter*

The replies:
BuT tHAt’S bRItiSh MOnEY PaYInG fOr THaT

Fine, 10% swing towards English independence and them standing on their two feet. Happy days!

Probably our best chance of independence as I don't see anything up here getting us over the line.