Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Still not sure exactly what to make of the last few days.

When it comes to leading politicians, I don't believe there are any virgins and most if not all have had to display slippery, morally questionable behaviour and play some iffy cards to get where they are, and will continue some of that behaviour in office. I don't think NS is 100% whiter than white and this whole debacle will leave scuff marks on her leadership, but equally she's easily one of the least worst operators out there and looks positively angelic compared to the sub-human specimen in 10 DS.

Sadly, with the climate we are in, our perception of the least-worst option is often the choice we've got, doubly so given the highly polarised partisan climate. If you are voting purely along 'indyref yay or nay' lines, the decision is binary: if you're not, do you pick an incumbent government who've been dirtied up with a scandal, or a party where the candidate for FM has a track record of skipping parly business for an extra pay packet waving a flag around somewhere in Europe?

Sturgeon is in no danger of losing the election, but I have a funny feeling she might be closer to the end of her tenure than the start - not entirely dissimilar to the position Blair was in around 2005. However, if she looks like getting within an ace of indy, she could go longer.

If there's one thing that might help to brighten the next six weeks up, it's a couple of properly loony candidates, like a talking macaroni pie or a six-armed-Glaswegian standing as 'WEEGIE SPIDER FOR FM' to break up the predictable fare that's coming.

14 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

So you're happy with a less than 'complete truth'?

That's fine. But you give up any right to comment on 'what happened'.

So you're only able to describe yourself as interested in the truth, or even pass any comment on the situation, if you believe alleged victims of sexual harassment should lose their anonymity?

This is quite a take.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Last call for charity bets... 40 quid's worth of room on the broom... Sturgeon gone by midnight on 31st May.

Reveal hidden contents

Jackie gleason paul newman GIF - Find on GIFER

I'll take it.

He's big chums with Nipper Salmond.
Speaking of salmond I wonder when we can expect a statement from him.

Hopefully he respects the inquiries findings and draws a line under this.

Got a funny feeling though he'll continue to be a twat.

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Still don't understand what David Davis role in all this was, spouted a load of shite under privilege which was debunked by Hamilton. Of course headline 1 on both BBC and Sky

Obviously doing a favour for his old pal Alex, and of course assisting the tories with their propaganda onslaught.

All for nowt as it turned out.

1 minute ago, kevthedee said:

Would I be surprised at anything he wants to trumpet in his personal I am a victim crusade, absolutely not.

Was Salmond not planning to release a statement the same day the Committee released it's "findings"? I assume the Hamilton report has fucked whatever strategy he had. He should probably just f**k off into the sunset with what tiny shred of credibility he has left tbh. 

21 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Didn't he actually say in front of the committee that he didn't think Sturgeon was involved in a cover up or something like that? 

From Katy Balls in today's Guardian:

Ministers have long been horrified at the prospect of any independence referendum while both Boris Johnson and Nicola Sturgeon are in place. “Wait for Rishi,” was the message from MPs – given the chancellor’s high approval ratings in Scotland. Johnson’s unpopularity compared to Sturgeon’s popularity was viewed as too toxic a combination to consider any such vote.

Have I missed something?

31 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Have I missed something?

I think there was a poll last year that showed he had, by far, the best approval rating in Scotland of any of the Tories. So, I guess ‘high approval ratings’ could mean “less widely despised” in this context.

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Have I missed something?

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/rishi-sunak-chancellor-popularity-scotland-coronavirus-response-furlough-scheme-574049

+7.

Possibly the only Tory with a positive rating. Free money does make you popular. (No such thing obviously but in the mean time he's popular)

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Sunak is fortunate that other Tories are taking the limelight as far as being scummy bustards go. People would do well to remember that he's still a Tory.

He's mastered the knack of not coming across as a complete khunt. 

But he still is one though. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He's mastered the knack of not coming across as a complete khunt. 

But he still is one though. 

Maybe because he's handing out free money. I think he's a c**t just like the rest of them. The photo op of him kidding on he was a waiter delivering burgers to a table last summer during Eat Out To Help Out was just as opportunistic as they come. Vomit inducing level of cringe and by the time the scheme was ending, the virus was back on the increase. 

Nicola Sturgeons jaicket is again on a shoogly peg and quite frankly I cannot see how she can remain as First Minister now.

She was speaking at FMQ's a few minutes ago and completely misled parliament - I cannot say whether or not it was knowingly or not but judge for yourselves (I definitely see another Inquiry coming on) She clearly stated that Ruth Davidson is going to the House of Lords for her un-elected £300 per day....that is clearly nonsense and I am sure many other picked up on this - it is in fact £323 per day.....that wummin !!!

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/rishi-sunak-chancellor-popularity-scotland-coronavirus-response-furlough-scheme-574049
+7.
Possibly the only Tory with a positive rating. Free money does make you popular. (No such thing obviously but in the mean time he's popular)
He was popular then, but since then the NHS workers only being offered a 1% pay rise because we can't afford more while in the same budget another £7 billion was found for the non-working Track and Trace will have dented his popularity somewhat. The SNP will surely just say "this is the guy that not only said you couldn't have a decent pay rise while finding more money for Dido Harding and her pals, he's also the guy who said you had to pay tax on that £500 we bunged you last year".