Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Reporting Scotland will surely be cancelled tonight

Kirsty Wark will be chucking film in the bucket.

Douglas Ross will be looking for immediate Linesman assignments......anywhere....."I'll go anywhere"

Ruthie will start packing boxes for her move to London

Sir Keir Starmer will just keep speaking utter nonsense

Wullie Rennie will just be irrelevant

Keir Starmer - with every post I'm reminded of another fucking w'nker who tried to stick the boot in

Kier fucking Starmer ffs !!

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jackie Baillie on C4 News :lol:

It was just awful.

The hill she chose to die on was the difference between accepting and acknowledging the Hamilton report. 

Baillie, C-Hamilton and Fraser have blown the chance of credibility in terms of the committee and any dispassionate observer will simply discount what might otherwise be more damaging. 

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Every now and then somebody posts the response they've received from the BBC about bias by one of their employees. It always amounts to, "everybody else thinks they're magic, so shut your hole, cunto".

Presumably they have somebody employed to just cut and paste the same script, with tailored amendments.

I once complained to the BBC because I was bored on nightshift and, more importantly, they kept pronouncing Tonga wrong. I got a reply telling me that they knew they were pronouncing it wrong but that's how people expect Tonga to be pronounced so they were going to keep pronouncing it that way.

Ignoring what is factually correct and, instead, focusing on what people expect sounds like the way the BBC have reported on this. 

And they still pronounced Tonga wrong tae.

The VONC will be interesting if it goes ahead...you'd imagine the Tories would end up going it alone, but I could see SLab being fundimundly stupid enough to put yet another nail in their own coffin by supporting it.

The Lib Dems? Who cares - they're like that band you find out is playing near the bottom of a festival bill and are momentarily mildly surprised they're still going.

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The VONC will be interesting if it goes ahead...you'd imagine the Tories would end up going it alone, but I could see SLab being fundimundly stupid enough to put yet another nail in their own coffin by supporting it.

The Lib Dems? Who cares - they're like that band you find out is playing near the bottom of a festival bill and are momentarily mildly surprised they're still going.

What a fantastic description of the Lib Dems. Very amusing.

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I once complained to the BBC because I was bored on nightshift and, more importantly, they kept pronouncing Tonga wrong. I got a reply telling me that they knew they were pronouncing it wrong but that's how people expect Tonga to be pronounced so they were going to keep pronouncing it that way.

Ignoring what is factually correct and, instead, focusing on what people expect sounds like the way the BBC have reported on this. 

And they still pronounced Tonga wrong tae.

I've just looked it up, and I'm still no closer to knowing how Tonga is supposed to be pronounced.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've just looked it up, and I'm still no closer to knowing how Tonga is supposed to be pronounced.

Soft 'g' so it sounds more like Tong-ah than Ton-Ga. Almost like the 'ñ' in Spanish. Imagine it was spelt Toña and that's a closer approximation (but still wrong)

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Soft 'g' so it sounds more like Tong-ah than Ton-Ga. Almost like the 'ñ' in Spanish. Imagine it was spelt Toña and that's a closer approximation (but still wrong)

I'm still no closer to understanding what Nicola has just been found not guilty off.. but heh ho

Tories will probably pin the Beeb inability to pronounce Polynesian islands properly on her now. f**k all else is sticking

Like many I switched from Tipping point at 4.57 to Sky just to see what was being reported. As the dreary voice of the sorely missed ex MSP  /ex soldier Ben Wallace droned on about some integrated defence review I realised that the FM must have been vindicated. It was only then that I noticed the rolling news along the bottom which confirmed that was indeed the case. A quick switch to BBC revealed the same squaddie continuing to read a prepared statement which of course had been leaked to the Press-what will that Speaker put up with- so it was a pleasure to see the torn face James Matthews having to announce the verdict-although he did have to say "I suppose". It was a delight to finish off with the Chase!