Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

And that's fair game to me, I'm not making a thing of it just you'll notice a lot of posters that seemingly hate the Tories and try and fight fire with fire by being repulsive about them because they think that they are repulsive. 

They are repulsive though. Decades (longer?) of overt racism, and only ever shamed into anything even remotely socially progressive.

The next few days are going to be pivotal for future of Nicola.

I expect that the James Hamilton Report will land between Monday & Wednesday and that is the one that will decide her fate.

There are 3 likely scenarios.

!) Mr Hamilton finds there was Govt failings but that she did not breech the Ministerial code.

2) He finds that she did breech code but that in his view this was unintentional and not deliberate

3) He finds that she knowingly broke the Ministerial code on at least one occasion.

If it is last option then she will definitely have to resign i feel as clinging on would not look good.

If it is first option she is totally secure and can come out all guns blazing if the Tories continue to try and force NC vote.

However i have a strong hunch it is going to be option 2 which is middle of the road.

I do think that if Mr Hamilton makes it clear that any breech was unintentional & not deliberate in his view she is safe. I think if she comes out and aplogises for the unintentional breech most of her supporters will be forgiving and i think most voters except the rabid Unionists will accept an apology.

Yes the Tory press /media & opposition parties will try and attack it, but if they go overboard on attacking her for an unintentional breech it might not be a good look for them with public, especially considering what other Politicians have got away with over last 2 years.

So let's see what the week ahead brings, it will be interesting either way.

37 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

They are repulsive though. Decades (longer?) of overt racism, and only ever shamed into anything even remotely socially progressive.

Aye and some people believe other political parties are repulsive. I'm just saying I avoid calling people "vermin". 

I am surprised so many people do not understand that the only members of theHolyrood Salmond commttee who dissected the evidence and did not form their opinions on partisan lines are those of her own party.

image.thumb.png.69448acc518e1aa0f6d1758a7ba0d19b.png

I am surprised so many people do not understand that the only members of theHolyrood Salmond commttee who dissected the evidence and did not form their opinions on partisan lines are those of her own party.
image.thumb.png.69448acc518e1aa0f6d1758a7ba0d19b.png

How do you know?
The findings haven't been released. Yet.

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19175639.snp-welcome-membership-boost-12-500-people-sign-party-march/

SNP welcome membership boost as 12,500 people sign up to party in March

I just signed up less than 10 minutes ago. Sick fed up of this stitch up. Whether or not she's in the wrong, far too many people in prominent positions have had the knives out long before any evidence was presented either way. It's fucking disgusting.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19175639.snp-welcome-membership-boost-12-500-people-sign-party-march/

SNP welcome membership boost as 12,500 people sign up to party in March

SNP - 12,500 new members so far in March.

SLab -16,467 total membership.

image.gif.317e196a851084c8878d27da08573ef3.gif

7 hours ago, strichener said:

He stated under oath that he arrived home when Salmond was present.  So I don't see the point of your question.

Why would he know what happened and why would government business be conducted at the leader's house?

Edited by Baxter Parp

Just now, Detournement said:

If people keep on joining the SNP at this rate they will be able to employ every single MSPs and MPs partner and bit on the side before too long. 

Money well spent. 

Least you're not bothered.

17 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Why would he know what happened and why would government business be conducted at the leader's house?

Should that not be directed to Nicola who quite clearly organised it.  As for Peter, he has various versions of the truth dependant on when he is asked.

Seemingly he returned to his house and saw two people but not Salmond or his wife, went straight up stairs, but changed and then left again without speaking to anyone.  This version of the "truth" came after he originally stated that he hadn't been at home.  

These inconsistencies and the brass neck are the only common ground he has with his wife in this whole debacle.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

Should that not be directed to Nicola who quite clearly organised it.  As for Peter, he has various versions of the truth dependant on when he is asked.

Seemingly he returned to his house and saw two people but not Salmond or his wife, went straight up stairs, but changed and then left again without speaking to anyone.  This version of the "truth" came after he originally stated that he hadn't been at home.  

These inconsistencies and the brass neck are the only common ground he has with his wife in this whole debacle.

I don't know the party rules but Peter said it was Government business and as chief exec of the party you would think he would know. 

So this is bollocks then. Glad we got that cleared up.