Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

16 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Yea, nah, sorry on balance I think Greer is a positive to the parliament. He's a roaster but he winds up the right people and broadly has good politics.

Also great to see minority and disabled representation at Holyrood 👍

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'd no idea about the Ugandan background; there were a lot of Ugandan families relocated to the area I was born in, and it's unpleasant to think that someone would've picked up inspiration from Amin. I can see her consuming the souls of her enemies too, thinking about it.

Have your kids reached the age for Pocoyo, or is this just a personal guilty pleasure?  :lol:

She's been known to trot out an 'I had to flee persecution so know all about hardship' narrative from time to time, which is odd since she was born in London, years after her parents arrived in the UK

Edited by Boo Khaki

14 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Some utter numpty has shelled out for a plane to fly over Edinburgh today with a #ResignSturgeon banner flying.😂

Oh well at least we know what will be the top story on the news tonight

13 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Some utter numpty has shelled out for a plane to fly over Edinburgh today with a #ResignSturgeon banner flying.😂

May be wrong but if i had to guess the identity of some numpty that would like running about with a flag calling for Nicola to resign i would think the leader of the scottish tories & assistant linesman Douglas Ross must be a suspect

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

May be wrong but if i had to guess the identity of some numpty that would like running about with a flag calling for Nicola to resign i would think the leader of the scottish tories & assistant linesman Douglas Ross must be a suspect

Gormless George was my guess.

It'll be one of those definitely grass roots and not at all funded by tory donors campaign groups that are on twitter all the time making a tit of themselves.

The Majority being my favourite with their under 15k followers.

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

It'll be one of those definitely grass roots and not at all funded by tory donors campaign groups that are on twitter all the time making a tit of themselves.

The Majority being my favourite with their under 15k followers.

A quick look suggests that’s exactly who it was. They’ve also paid for billboards. 

Excellent. So a group with a social media presence of a lowland league fitba team has just spunked a fair whack of money on a stunt like that.

Desperation stuff.

Can we do a freedom of information on the Conservative Bank accounts to check for any large outgoing transactions for banner making materials recently?

10 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Excellent. So a group with a social media presence of a lowland league fitba team has just spunked a fair whack of money on a stunt like that.

Desperation stuff.

Can we do a freedom of information on the Conservative Bank accounts to check for any large outgoing transactions for banner making materials recently?

You just know they planned it all thinking Sturgeon was going to get taken down on Wednesday and we'd be in the middle of rising public pressure for her to resign, with them imagining their wee banners and billboards being the coup de grace. Instead, she sailed through the hearing, blunted the majority of the attacks on her and SNP membership has shot up.

Spoiler

Great Job GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Well if she does go she’s got a shout as next Hearts manager.

The big electronic billboard on the Clydeside expressway (heading towards the tunnel just after the SECC) is carrying the #ResignSturgeon advert.

I’d definitely be in favour of extending her contract, she’s a top player.

Edited by Mark Connolly

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Is there a hyphen? I heard she's looking for a new five year deal in May!

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I have him on ignore and missed that beauty.

Anyone who thinks the SNP did nothing during the Brexit fiasco is living in an alternate reality.

It's actually the one thing that has united both sides of the party.

I get the criticism of people who expected to see more of an overt strategy of pushing for independence but it's pretty obvious that Sturgeon's tactic has been to be seen exhausting every possible avenue of working within the UK given the 2014 result so that the shift towards pushing for indyref2 isn't just seen as opportunism. Which also bears out with Sturgeon's natural cautiousness and how explicitly non-radical the SNP are. And the polling is bearing that strategy out for now. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

She said each time she was asked that prior to the meeting she was under the impression it was party business. After being told what it was actually about and discovering it was therefore government business at the meeting, she was worried that recording it after the fact would risk influencing an investigation through indicating her awareness of it.

You can reject that explanation as unbelievable or unjustified - particularly with the second part it would be understandable to think that isn't a valid excuse - but she clearly has provided an explanation.

I'm forced to conclude that you are therefore deliberately misleading P&B and are breaking the poster's code. #STRICHENERMUSTRESIGN

Salmond wanted the meeting to seek help from Sturgeon. The last thing he wanted  was for the meeting to be minuted.

Given that Salmond knew the ministerial code  it would have been in his interests to frame the proposed meeting as personal/party business.......exactly as reported by Sturgeon

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

She said each time she was asked that prior to the meeting she was under the impression it was party business. After being told what it was actually about and discovering it was therefore government business at the meeting, she was worried that recording it after the fact would risk influencing an investigation through indicating her awareness of it.

You can reject that explanation as unbelievable or unjustified - particularly with the second part it would be understandable to think that isn't a valid excuse - but she clearly has provided an explanation.

I'm forced to conclude that you are therefore deliberately misleading P&B and are breaking the poster's code. #STRICHENERMUSTRESIGN

Why did her husband not get an invite to a meeting about "party business"?  He previously stated that he didn't attend as it was government business.  I personally don't believe it as I don't see why it would be any business of the party when the Government were investigating the former head of the Government under a policy written by the civil service.