Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

I - like many people - said when these allegations first surfaced about Salmond that it would be the end of Sturgeon. And so it will surely come to pass.
As a unionist, I was until very recently hoping for this to be the case. I now hope she stays.
She’s now irrevocably tainted by the circus surrounding this whole sordid affair. If she really cared about the YES movement and the SNP she would step down.
However, I suspect that like her predecessor Salmond, her own ego and narcissism is more important to her than any political ideal and she will battle on regardless.
Thus dragging both the SNP and YES movement further through the mud with her.
Here’s hoping. #SturgeonMustStay
'I - like many people - said' and he then goes on to chunter about egos and narcissism. Priceless [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

I - like many people - said when these allegations first surfaced about Salmond that it would be the end of Sturgeon. And so it will surely come to pass.
As a unionist, I was until very recently hoping for this to be the case. I now hope she stays.
She’s now irrevocably tainted by the circus surrounding this whole sordid affair. If she really cared about the YES movement and the SNP she would step down.
However, I suspect that like her predecessor Salmond, her own ego and narcissism is more important to her than any political ideal and she will battle on regardless.
Thus dragging both the SNP and YES movement further through the mud with her.
Here’s hoping. #SturgeonMustStay

Fact is that 99% of the media in the UK is owned by tory and unionist proprietors.

And with those guns aimed at them the SNP are and will be under siege with untruths, distortions of facts and character assassinations until the May elections.

However this type of sniping has gone on for years and we are used to it and it seems to make us stronger and attractive to possible new members as witnessed by our outstanding membership growth to 125,000 and the 3rd largest uk party.

So whatever mud is slung at the SNP it never seems to stick and the constant media harassment has made us the underdogs in uk politics which seems to be a positive with the Scottish people.

No doubt a unionist will now come on with a story of how thousands are now leaving the SNP but he/she will have no records to back this up other than it was headlined in a tory Daily Express

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fact is that 99% of the media in the UK is owned by tory and unionist proprietors.

And with those guns aimed at them the SNP are and will be under siege with untruths, distortions of facts and character assassinations until the May elections.

However this type of sniping has gone on for years and we are used to it and it seems to make us stronger and attractive to possible new members as witnessed by our outstanding membership growth to 125,000 and the 3rd largest uk party.

So whatever mud is slung at the SNP it never seems to stick and the constant media harassment has made us the underdogs in uk politics which seems to be a positive with the Scottish people.

No doubt a unionist will now come on with a story of how thousands are now leaving the SNP but he/she will have no records to back this up other than it was headlined in a tory Daily Express

Fact is no political party, including the SNP, is immune from bad behaviour and corruption.

It's not healthy to see anything that puts them in a poor light as a unionist plot.

8 hours ago, Pato said:

small businesses get a 100% discount on rates, it's not just that.

No they don't.  The 100% relief is based on properties with rateable values of 15k or less.  Doesn't get you much of a retail premise at this level.

It's the fact Sturgeon has told lies about when she knew. 

She's built a reputation on being trustworthy; if she's willing to mislead on this what else is she willing to mislead about?  

I say that as a big Sturgeon fan.   I'm not okay with her lying about it, even if I like her and can even see, possibly, some of the difficulties she was in.  She told parliament she knew on a specific date, knowing it was untrue.  

Edited by tirso

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

It's the fact Sturgeon has told lies about when she knew. 

She's built a reputation on being trustworthy; if she's willing to mislead on this what else is she willing to mislead about?  

I say that as a big Sturgeon fan.

Shusht, you'll have the Celtic fans on here going into meltdown.

4 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

9am

If I set an alarm for that time and get up and it's on later in the day I will find you.

Edited by Stormzy

44 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

100% this.

The smear campaign conducted by the tabloids, the BBC, Sky and many others only has the effect of making the SNP stronger and hammering home exactly why we need to control our own future.

The behaviour of Davidson, Ross and their Labour pals is nothing short of shocking, I mean what's even the point of this committee and giving evidence if they've already decided on the outcome ??

Over and above this, using the gutter press to conduct their business as their mouthpiece for their insinuations and to proclaim their faux outrage is just pathetic and shows how desperate they've become, however there will only be one loser here and it won't be the SNP..........