Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

😂

I wonder when some people will realise just how counter productive this attitude is. Play smart you idiots. 

Nah, tory ideology is appalling. A rallying cry to every small minded, grubby, ignorant and insular instinct humanity has to offer.

Just now, renton said:

Depends if folk are only remembering the 1.

Oh don't get me wrong, I abhor shithousery in politicians, and in an 'ideal world' if NS is proven to have acted egregiously poorly then I would have her resign, but we don't live in an ideal world, we live in a UK where politicians of a certain ilk are permitted to act like a law unto themselves with absolutely no come back, so if some people don't like it, f**k them.

Just now, renton said:

Nah, tory ideology is appalling. A rallying cry to every small minded, grubby, ignorant and insular instinct humanity has to offer.

And what do you say when you realise those guys that get turned on by that outnumber everyone else? 

It's worth noting I don't really care for it as an insult when used as a political one, fair play but using it outwith politics is heavy cringey. 

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Cock up over conspiracy? Much more likely.

It's arguable initially, although the appointment of the investigating officer gives the appearance of possible bias.

Their actions thereafter don't leave much doubt.

The sense of anger from the legal advice on the production of documents, and the contents of an affidavit ( "thankfully unsigned") from the government's own legal advisors is astounding.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The tories calling for Sturgeon's resignation tonight is just stupid and is them getting over excited. Sturgeon should be heard tomorrow and I'd imagine more people may be called to give more evidence when things come to light. By calling for her to go now they are showing themselves up as opportunistic, rather than people who actually want to get to the bottom of what is an extremely serious issue.

Aye, definitely premature and loses any pretence that they had the moral high ground.

3 minutes ago, Purple Bricks said:

It's certainly not a big error.   

Also on the financials the Scot Tories (sic) might be raging about the 0.5m government spend.  Yet appear unbothered about Scotland's £2,200 million pound contribution to Track & Trace system that wasn't fit for purpose.  

There are a number of large errors, and downright dishonesty now coming to light.

For once could we possibly agree that corruption is inherently wrong no matter where it comes from or how large the financial gain?

4 minutes ago, Purple Bricks said:

It's certainly not a big error.   

Also on the financials the Scot Tories (sic) might be raging about the 0.5m government spend.  Yet appear unbothered about Scotland's £2,200 million pound contribution to Track & Trace system that wasn't fit for purpose.  

500K of public money wasted not a big error or potentially revealing alleged abuse victims identity to the accused not a big error?

The conversation is about Nicola not Westminster government..

5 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

The sense of anger from the legal advice on the production of documents, and the contents of an affidavit ( "thankfully unsigned") from the government's own legal advisors is astounding.

The government's legal advisors are independent, do you think they take orders from the First Minister or something?

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

There are a number of large errors, and downright dishonesty now coming to light.

For once could we possibly agree that corruption is inherently wrong no matter where it comes from or how large the financial gain?

Which bit is corrupt?

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:
Apologies if I'm picking you up wrong but she submitted written evidence back in August.

I think he means a pre prepared opening statement ?

OK, didn't watch Salmond so was unaware thar he had one.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

The government's legal advisors are independent, do you think they take orders from the First Minister or something?

No but by definition they will do their best to present the government's case in the best possible light.

The fact they are suggesting they are being professionally compromised by presenting a position based on what they were told by the government is incredible.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Which bit is corrupt?

Withholding documents.

Representing there are no such documents.

Preparing an affidavit (which is signed under oath or affirmation) attesting to a position which is completely contradicted by said documents.

Call it perjury if it makes you feel better. 

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No but by definition they will do their best to present the government's case in the best possible light.

By what definition? By definition their advice is supposed to be secret so that they can present advice good or bad.

I - like many people - said when these allegations first surfaced about Salmond that it would be the end of Sturgeon. And so it will surely come to pass.
As a unionist, I was until very recently hoping for this to be the case. I now hope she stays.
She’s now irrevocably tainted by the circus surrounding this whole sordid affair. If she really cared about the YES movement and the SNP she would step down.
However, I suspect that like her predecessor Salmond, her own ego and narcissism is more important to her than any political ideal and she will battle on regardless.
Thus dragging both the SNP and YES movement further through the mud with her.
Here’s hoping. #SturgeonMustStay