Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sorry to read about the demise of Oor Pepp - the Natters' Natter.

He may have been an utter fanny but he always said what the cowards on here thought.

He was emptied by @keithgy 

Was he not the mod who offered you a wee break from P&B after one particularly entertaining breakdown where you reported the use of fucking asterisks 8 times in half an hour? 😂

37 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

He was emptied by @keithgy 

Was he not the mod who offered you a wee break from P&B after one particularly entertaining breakdown where you reported the use of fucking asterisks 8 times in half an hour? 😂

Nah.  You've got it arse about tit, mate.  Not that I'm surprised 😎

I was sent to the naughty step by Oor Keith for the heinous crime of typing 'yins' with a green font.  The reason was for, to quote, "You have bypassed the word filter,does not matter in what context it is used".

When I came back I had an evening of shame wherein I reported every example of 'bypassing the word filter' I could see as a response.

This is a perfect of example of me being both right and a complete fanny in one simple action.

Edited by The_Kincardine

On 09/01/2017 at 18:03, The_Kincardine said:

That may be the 10th.  You have 2 choices: Acknowledge what I've said or remove the word from the swear filter.  I'm relaxed either way.

My apologies. It appears to have actually been TEN 😂

On 09/01/2017 at 18:05, keithgy said:

Naaaaaa don't think I want to. here is a 3rd option I can ban you for spamming the report function 

I appear to be completely correct. Have a lovely morning 😎

Edited by Day of the Lords

Pepp over posted in a scattergun fashion, but I quite enjoyed his work and I'm therefore disappointed to read that he was banned.   He's clearly passionate about Scottish football and Scottish politics and - while I'm not privy to whether he'd received multiple warnings - banning without reason because he doesn't support the government's GRA seems irrational.  

I don't really understand the value in having such a unbelievably harshly moderated forum.    

18 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Pepp over posted in a scattergun fashion, but I quite enjoyed his work and I'm therefore disappointed to read that he was banned.   He's clearly passionate about Scottish football and Scottish politics and - while I'm not privy to whether he'd received multiple warnings - banning without reason because he doesn't support the government's GRA seems irrational.  

I don't really understand the value in having such a unbelievably harshly moderated forum.    

Im not inclined to agree, past a certain point its either some form of passive agressive trolling or possible that the guy has, say, bipolar disorder - not meaning that at all in a derogatory way, my older brother has been diagnosed with it and has a similar mad frantic energy and tendency to lie through his teeth impulsively when he's hypomanic.

i reckon he was either genuinely unwell or only here in the worst possible faith, either way its for the best he gets stopped from posting.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Im not inclined to agree, past a certain point its either some form of passive agressive trolling or possible that the guy has, say, bipolar disorder - not meaning that at all in a derogatory way, my older brother has been diagnosed with it and has a similar mad frantic energy and tendency to lie through his teeth impulsively when he's hypomanic.

Past a certain point he was either genuinely unwell or only here in the worst possible faith, either way its for the best he gets stopped from posting.

There's no evidence to suggest he's mentally ill but even if he was that's no reason to ban anyone.  The GN forum is full of posters who've bravely offered to the forum that they're suffering from mental health issues.   

I don't think anyone should be banned unless they are in breach of the P&B articles of constitution. 

Let's build people up, and if you're reading pepp and feeling the mental anguish of raw biter rejection then talk about it don't bottle it up, brother.  

4 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

I don't think anyone should be banned unless they are in breach of the P&B articles of constitution. 

I didn't report any of his posts but I'm fucked if I'm putting up with someone describing me as a Nazi because my perspective on Scottish independence didn't align to his. 

I could put up with the fact he was battering his way through 3 or 4 keyboards a week but the term nazi is one for these far right fucknuggets who are content to throw their right arms out in salute and who are racist c***s to a man. 

It's a bit of a shame because on a clear day when not reverting to Rev Campbell mode, he was capable of making the occasional decent contribution. 

I will hold my hand up & say that I did report one of his posts, the reason being that he specifically named a person and then went on a rant that was a clear defamation of character. If the wrong person had seen that then Div & the site could have been in a lot of bother so given how much this place helps me at times there was no way I was letting it pass.

11 minutes ago, HTG said:

I didn't report any of his posts but I'm fucked if I'm putting up with someone describing me as a Nazi because my perspective on Scottish independence didn't align to his. 

I could put up with the fact he was battering his way through 3 or 4 keyboards a week but the term nazi is one for these far right fucknuggets who are content to throw their right arms out in salute and who are racist c***s to a man. 

It's a bit of a shame because on a clear day when not reverting to Rev Campbell mode, he was capable of making the occasional decent contribution. 

Is mischarachterising someone's opinion and calling them things like a Nazi that bad? If so I'm amazed there hasn't been more people being banned or even more people leaping to my defence when such things happen to me.

12 minutes ago, HTG said:

On the same principle that a monkey given enough time could write a Shakespeare play...

51 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I will hold my hand up & say that I did report one of his posts, the reason being that he specifically named a person and then went on a rant that was a clear defamation of character. If the wrong person had seen that then Div & the site could have been in a lot of bother so given how much this place helps me at times there was no way I was letting it pass.

Ah, the KO rant. Completely made up fantasy nonsense, like virtually everything else he posts. 

Sorry, "postED"

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

"been in a lot of bother" how exactly?

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

What a fucking dweeb. 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

With Pep gone how am I going to find out about eligible players for Scotland plying their trade in the Peruvian 2nd tier?

I think that enhanced the forum.    It's a Scottish football forum ( primarily ) and I'm interested to see how any of our overseas players are doing.   The broader spectrum of reading, and the inputs of humour makes P & B a better read than any newspaper.