Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

56 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

The "sleepy consensual cuddle" happened - both sides admitted this, so that witness wasn't lying. A cuddle isn't the same as an attempted rape.

Have to repeat this question on this endless Groundhog Day, if it was consensual why did he feel the need to make an official apology in front of civil servants the next morning?

19 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye one of them is someone who was kicked off the NEC for harassing women, now we're going to let people like that be the moral guardians of a mainstream party of government.  Its a recipe for absolute mayhem and disaster, and as I said I think it was intended to be so.

Yet she volunteered that video on Weds night.......who or what the **** was she thinking about?

22 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They can't beat the SNP electorally, but they can destroy it from within, and that is what we are witnessing now.  Same with what has gone on with NS and the current enquiry, the hands of British intelligence are all over that.

And people who think that's batshit conspiracy stuff, the job of MI5 is to counter threats to the British state from within Britain. Which is exactly what the SNP are, if they weren't trying to infiltrate the SNP they wouldn't be doing their job. That's literally what they're for. 

Willie Macrae.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Have to repeat this question on this endless Groundhog Day, if it was consensual why did he feel the need to make an official apology in front of civil servants the next morning?

So, you agree that that witness wasn't lying. That's a start.

Without straying into jigsaw identification territory, it was inappropriate for two reasons:

1) Both parties had had a drink; and

2) One party was the other party's boss in their normal working relationship

I lead a team of around 15 at my work. If I was stupid enough to make a pass at any of the (mainly younger) female staff, on a night out, I would die of embarrassment the next day and would apologise. It wouldn't make me a sex offender though.

23 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Remember the head of the civil service said 'the normal rules of impartiality did not apply' when it came to the 2014 referendum, and the reason for this was Scottish independence 'threatened to impugn the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom'.  Well there you go.  And that's the public, bengin face of the British state, the other side will be going a lot further than that and see it in much starker term  

And using our own tax btw, as an extra slap in the face, we actually pay to have our democracy undermined. The spy bill just passed which gives British intelligence a pass to murder anyone they believe to be a threat to the British state could easily apply to anyone seeking to break it up too. That's how serious things are getting.

If you think the British government will happily wave bye to two trillion worth of oil and gas and 90% of their fresh water, a third of their land and their permanent seat on the UN Security Council cause they respect our democracy you need your head looked at.

You go for it young fella! (btw....you omitted The Internal Market bill...the act which enables Westminster to bypass Holyrood entirely).

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Without straying into jigsaw identification territory, it was inappropriate for two reasons:

I lead a team of around 15 at my work. If I was stupid enough to make a pass at any of the (mainly younger) female staff, on a night out, I would die of embarrassment the next day and would apologise. It wouldn't make me a sex offender though.

Your last sentence sums up this whole sorry episode Lichtgilphead.

29 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

You go for it young fella! (btw....you omitted The Internal Market bill...the act which enables Westminster to bypass Holyrood entirely).

The IMB is an assault on devolution, it allows them to bypass the Scottish parliament. They have also tripled the Scottish Office budget at a time when surely the office is basically obsolete, they have opened a big new shiny UK govt premises in Edinburgh.  You'd have to be blind to not see what's going on.

6 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

As I said what really happens is a bunch of people, many on here, genuinely think they are more enlightened..... 

Nail. Head.  Agree with me 100%,  because if you dare question me and you're obviously a Facist/Bigot/Nazi.

37 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Nope, still don't get it. If it was consensual why did she make a complaint? Presumably he didn't call a civil servant in to make a confession and apology just to calm his soul?

Just now, welshbairn said:

Nope, still don't get it. If it was consensual why did she make a complaint? Presumably he didn't call a civil servant in to make a confession and apology just to calm his soul?

She didn't make a complaint, she objected to it being referred to the police, it was done by Leslie Evans on her behalf.

She was offered a transfer at the time to any department in the Scottish government she wanted, on equivalent salary, she turned it down and decided to continue working for AS. You really haven't read anything about this have you, instead were happy to label an innocent man a sex pest.  Which says a lot about you, none of it good.

3 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Nail. Head.  Agree with me 100%,  because if you dare question me and you're obviously a Facist/Bigot/Nazi.

Yeah and the way you can't even debate any of it, even if you want to reasonably discuss any aspect at all its ruled out immediately cause you're obviously just a bigot.  

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

She didn't make a complaint, she objected to it being referred to the police, it was done by Leslie Evans on her behalf.

She was offered a transfer at the time to any department in the Scottish government she wanted, on equivalent salary, she turned it down and decided to continue working for AS. You really haven't read anything about this have you, instead were happy to label an innocent man a sex pest.  Which says a lot about you, none of it good.

Welshbairn has blocked me, so if anyone wants to point this out to him so he at least has a quarter of a clue what he's talking about that would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Welshbairn has blocked me, so if anyone wants to point this out to him 

Sure.

Wee note to @welshbairn.  You have blocked Carnoustie Young Loyalist and he's greetin' about it.

He does seem an excitable young chap who posts screeds of shite so I don't blame you.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

From the available evidence, I'm not sure about the exact timescale of events at the time. What I am sure about is that the (mainly female) jury  at trial decided that no sexual offence was committed.

I note that you have still not withdrawn your original accusation that you find it impossible to believe that all10 accusers lied on the witness stand. Can you at least admit that some were truthful about events, but that the jury agreed that these events did not prove any criminality? Can you even go as far as to say that one witness lied, because two other female witnesses stated under oath that her evidence was untrue?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Some people don't like adultery.

Maybe Eck has an open marriage? Remember the rumours that used to circulate that he was gay, and that Moira was acting as his shield?

Surprisingly, this aspect of his alleged perversity has been ignored for the last few years...

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

From the available evidence, I'm not sure about the exact timescale of events at the time. What I am sure about is that the (mainly female) jury  at trial decided that no sexual offence was committed.

I note that you have still not withdrawn your original accusation that you find it impossible to believe that all10 accusers lied on the witness stand. Can you at least admit that some were truthful about events, but that the jury agreed that these events did not prove any criminality? Can you even go as far as to say that one witness lied, because two other female witnesses stated under oath that her evidence was untrue?

I'm not going to make a judgement on she said/she said/he said when I wasn't on the jury and able to assess all the evidence and veracity of the witnesses. I'm happy to go on the verdict that there was insufficient evidence to convince the jury that he was guilty of a crime, beyond all reasonable doubt. What I'm incredulous about is that there was some vast conspiracy to do him in, and if you're arguing that only one of the witnesses lied, and the other nine's allegations were true but lacked the severity of the legal threshold, it doesn't leave Salmond in a good light. The whole matter should have been over with when he left the court house, instead he and others keep dredging it up with a vital election coming up and polling consistently in favour of independence for the first time. It's like the independence movement is getting too close to the prize so they're starting to punch themselves in their own face.

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Maybe Eck has an open marriage? Remember the rumours that used to circulate that he was gay, and that Moira was acting as his shield?

Surprisingly, this aspect of his alleged perversity has been ignored for the last few years...

Very possible, I've no idea. 

The fact that over 400 people were interviewed and not a single complainer was found outside Sturgeon's circle is enough evidence for me it's a fit up.