Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

By the looks of it Craig Murray with his 25% of the vote won convincingly amongst non salaried delegates. 

The wider membership might be a bit more conservative but it points to the next leadership election being a bloodbath. 

Just catching up on the goings on here. How much control do the Cherryites have over the party now? Or are they still a minority with a few important positions? 

We are not the minority.

A very small but loud faction in the YSI and Stirling isn’t going to dent Yes Support.

The reaction of Blackman, Wishart, Hunter etc has been fairytale stuff. Blackman in particular needs to go for a lie down, poor souls.

Hope Paisley and his wee Pals have got their solicitors on standby.

Just now, G-MAN said:

We are not the minority.

A very small but loud faction in the YSI and Stirling isn’t going to dent Yes Support.

The reaction of Blackman, Wishart, Hunter etc has been fairytale stuff. Blackman in particular needs to go for a lie down, poor souls.

Hope Paisley and his wee Pals have got their solicitors on standby.

Well this all seems very sane.

I don't follow NEC elections for much the same reasons as I don't take part in historical battle reenactments or have a Twitter account dedicated to football analytics, but Hanvey being elected to the conduct committee isn't the best look. 

27 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Not really been following this, but the Bath incel was delighted with the results, so I imagine it's bad news.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't follow NEC elections for much the same reasons as I don't take part in historical battle reenactments or have a Twitter account dedicated to football analytics, but Hanvey being elected to the conduct committee isn't the best look. 

This is pretty much me.

29 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Wasn't he openly welcomed by his parliamentary colleagues and personally praised by Cherry like a month after his suspension?

Sakes...

There are still a few Twitler Youth cowering in some of the danker corners of the NEC, but they’ll be feeling lonely because basically it’s been a rout. There’s a small chance the SNP might yet be saveable.

the convener of the hyper-woke, trans-captured Young Scots for Independence faction...

And who knew that the actions of transactivists up to this point had in fact been a demonstration of “reconciliation”?

Just what we need when finally getting consistent polling in favour of independence, a fucking imported right wing "culture war" pushed by the right honourable member for Bath and Wells. I'm utterly amazed that anyone would fall for this shite.

Edited by welshbairn

10 hours ago, G-MAN said:

We got the Party back.

Some of us may rejoin. Last night was a great night for the Yes Movement.

You're so naive. You're like the Corbynites who were delighted that they'd taken over the Labour Party, not having anywhere near the level of self-awareness to see that you're killing the party.

Also, celebrating the election of people who openly hate a vulnerable minority and encourages their followers to pile-on is hideous.

The SNP have been in power for 13 years, why is this even the focus right now? Are they trying to trip the SNP up at the final hurdle or what? It's clear that there is absolute zero common consensus over the issue with people pretty much split right down the middle on it. Do we really need to be dealing with this right now?

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm assuming the Baathist coup is exaggerated, two or three contested apparatchik positions seized. Hanvey appointed to the conduct committee is seriously taking the pish though.

Basically twitter shite between the usuals that normal types dont give a toss about 

So it seems there's two strands:

1.  A bit of a shift towards those who want a tougher stance on powers for referendum / self-determination as opposed to the 'section 30 or nothing' crowd. Absolutely fine with that. I feel like there has to be that balance within the party.
  2. A shift towards nutters like Joanna Cherry who've chosen the GRA hill to die on. That's certainly an absolute minter for the party.