Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Absolutely brilliant speech from Nicola... Arguably her best ever.

Typical response from the Daily Getsmuchworse :

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1366459/nicola-sturgeon-news-SNP-conference-brexit-european-union-scottish-independence-latest-VN

Listened to large part of it on the radio.  I’m biased but I think she is genuinely empathetic, unlike the clown that occupies 10 Downing Street.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Listened to large part of it on the radio.  I’m biased but I think she is genuinely empathetic, unlike the clown that occupies 10 Downing Street.

It's this shock/horror headline from the Getsmuchworse that really gets me. :

'Scotland wants to return to the EU!' Sturgeon begs Brussels within 1 MINUTE of key speech

NICOLA STURGEON used a speech at the SNP conference to insist that Scotland wants to return to the European Union.

Nicola Sturgeon has sent a message of unity to countries in the European Union as Brexit looms. The UK is scheduled to leave the EU at the end of next month, following the end of the transition period. Speaking at the SNP conference, Ms Sturgeon said: "Here in the UK the threat of Brexit looms. In just a month's time Scotland will be forced against our will to a much more distant relationship with our friends across the European Union.

Before we go any further, I want to send this message to our European friends and neighbours.

"You are - and always will be - part of who we are. You are not distant to us.

"To those of you who have come from other countries to live here in ours, thank you - please stay."

Hopefully the EU are picking this up loud and clear.

"To the other countries of the EU, Scotland wants to return. And we hope to do so soon, as an independent member state."

Absolutely brilliant speech from Nicola... Arguably her best ever.
Typical response from the Daily Getsmuchworse :
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1366459/nicola-sturgeon-news-SNP-conference-brexit-european-union-scottish-independence-latest-VN
I followed the link. I read some BTL comments.

You owe me [emoji35]

On 29/11/2020 at 20:48, MixuFruit said:

Back in black and white times the poor kids did get wee tokens and they were slagged rotten, including by me. It's great we're finally making this universal but it's always infuriating when you reflect on it having taken 30-40 years.

I was a greedy f**k at school and used to buy a dinner ticket from the year's main mentalist. I got much more food. He got ten regal. 

Eventually the senior management caught wind of the scheme and ended up giving out named cards rather than just the wee coloured slips of paper we'd manipulated. We got a beautiful and very fat year out of it though. 

My secondary was like 28% (and this was '96 or so (21.5% in 2018, most recent stats I could find)) FSM so there wasn't really any stigma about it - it was just a normal part of school life. 

Info here https://www.gov.scot/publications/pupil-census-2018-free-school-meal-registrations/

If anyone has a more up to date source I'd appreciate a link. 

Edited by madwullie

See Joanna Cherry has been re-elected to the NEC along with various of her hangers-on from the SNP wing best described as 'ideologically Tories on every issue other than the constitution'.

Neale Hanvey being elected to the member conduct committee is also a right laugh.

See Joanna Cherry has been re-elected to the NEC along with various of her hangers-on from the SNP wing best described as 'ideologically Tories on every issue other than the constitution'.
Neale Hanvey being elected to the member conduct committee is also a right laugh.

Don’t split the movement, thanks! Keep bending the knee for the most dishonest people in the party.

Tried to get into the NEC goings on but it looked like it was leading down a path of reacquanting myself with SNP twitter so I gave up.

Are those the people that keep schtum when the right do blatantly ideological shit that’s nothing to do with indy then get mad when the left kick up a stink about it