Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Great to see that cowardly bigot Kincardine being absolutely rinsed yet again. I particularly enjoyed the theory that it isn't the job of opposition parties to offer alternatives. I suppose this might explain why the Labour, Tory and Libdem northern accounting units have been completely slapped down by the electorate in every election since about 2007. Daft old c**t. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is the sight of children protesting exam results in George Square really that impactful, given it's not that long since they were doing it on the basis that they thought Nat 5 Maths was a bit hard?

Aye a few dozen children of Labour Party members with generic slogans on placards cuts very deep.

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye a few dozen children of Labour Party members with generic slogans on placards cuts very deep.

I did wonder about that when I read the BBC report on the lassie who had her future in ruins because she was marked down for living in Motherwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53653683

Surely she should just appeal giving them the evidence of her straight 'A's as proof she should be upgraded rather than moan to the press. Seemed to me her parents idea rather than something she would immediately think of doing.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I did wonder about that when I read the BBC report on the lassie who had her future in ruins because she was marked down for living in Motherwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53653683

Surely she should just appeal giving them the evidence of her straight 'A's as proof she should be upgraded rather than moan to the press. Seemed to me her parents idea rather than something she would immediately think of doing.

Exactly. The results aren't final. Everyone will have a chance to get their results changed through appeal. If there are still kids with straight As in their prelims with shit results after the appeals process then the toys can justifiably come out the pram.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Great to see that cowardly bigot Kincardine being absolutely rinsed yet again. I particularly enjoyed the theory that it isn't the job of opposition parties to offer alternatives. I suppose this might explain why the Labour, Tory and Libdem northern accounting units have been completely slapped down by the electorate in every election since about 2007. Daft old c**t. 

Indeed. Scotland is as close now as it’s ever been to a one nation party. And it’s absolutely glorious, given it’s the only Pro-Scotland party.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Exactly. The results aren't final. Everyone will have a chance to get their results changed through appeal. If there are still kids with straight As in their prelims with shit results after the appeals process then the toys can justifiably come out the pram.

You can guarantee there won't be a follow up story if they get the appeal.

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely. There'll be a lot of "close the attainment gap" unionists with glum faces if the results get fixed through appeal.

Edited by Gordon EF

51 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I just hope the kids with the yoon parents are actually allowed to appeal. They do love a good grievance so they do.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

I just hope the kids with the yoon parents are actually allowed to appeal. They do love a good grievance so they do.

They're all allowed to appeal, there's no restrictions. Unlike England where students can only appeal administrative errors.

"Boris" is used by his pals in the media to show that they're on a first name basis with him and outside of his work, his mansions, private jets and huge fortune, he's just another regular bloke you meet down the pub.... etc.

The opposition parties now clamouring for the moderation to be overturned and all grades returned to teachers' estimates are the exact same opposition parties that would have been up in arms had there been no moderation in the first place. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-53719477

The only way I can think of that would have made this better was to be fully transparent about the process beforehand, including the need to retain broadly similar averages across all measures (passes, bands, backgrounds etc), then make it clear that the grades received last week were purely provision. Final confirmed grades would be released later following appeals (but no-one would get lower grades than their provisional ones).

Edited by The Master

On 09/08/2020 at 10:55, TheScarf said:

Indeed. Scotland is as close now as it’s ever been to a one nation party. And it’s absolutely glorious, given it’s the only Pro-Scotland party.

And based solely in Scotland unlike the tories and labour who are ruled and dictated to from Westminster, forget their sham Scottish cuntservative and sham Scottish labour titles as they as they're fuckin told, by their lords and masters, what to do.

On 09/08/2020 at 10:21, John Lambies Doos said:

Media are all over SNP bad with these results

I sympathise with the kids on tehse results and good luck to them on their appeals.

And aye the tories and labour will batter the SNP on this but have been silent for decades on the fact that Scotland  are a first nuclear strike target which they must think is acceptable.

Edited by SandyCromarty