Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

35 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Apparently in Sturgeon's uni days her nickname was seaweed.....even the tide wouldn't take her out 

^^^^^ makes fun of anyone who is more successful than him. That would be the majority of people.

As I said before it was deleted. Top tip from an older gent. Never dismiss the uglier ones like Sturgeon always keep them sweet and you'll get to their better looking associates. Not sure about you but women were always a piece of piss to me before marrying. Sadly thesedays even my days even as a housewives favourite are numbered 

Guest Bob Mahelp

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/07/nicola-sturgeon-not-expected-much-everyone-else-condemn-bigoted/

According to Tom Harris (ex Labour MP who detested the SNP, now Tory loving ultra right wing fuckwit who detests the SNP).....Nicola Sturgeon should be personally responsible for every dickhead who posts something on twitter. As should Keir Starmer when it comes to anything vaguely anti-semitic.

Not a single word about Boris Johnson being personally responsible for racists, xenophobes, **** giving nazi salutes, and all the rest. 

What a true khqunt of a man Harris is. 

39 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Say what now?

I have changed my mind on this. Thinking about it, I do not think it would be a disaster.

Couple of things.

The idea that the independence movement and the SNP are completely in alignment is a fallacy.  Independence supporters do not agree on all topics, let alone the strategy for gaining independence.. There are obviously significant differences and disagreements. New parties forming can be a seen as a sign of growing political maturity in the movement...... It's a natural progression. 

Obviously the main point being thrown around is that another, more militant pro independence party, will ensure that the SNP leadership keep the eye on the ball. 

But that is not the whole story. There are several points to consider on this:

Asimbutt raised the point about Holyrood. I think it quite likely  that the machinations of the Holyrood voting system would lead to a list vote capturing second Indy party very much boosting the likelliehood of pro independence majorities.

This is understandably very important at this time.

Further....when it comes to the media, a 2nd Indy party, as very possibly Holyroods 2nd largest party, would require appropriate representation. The SNP rep could no longer justifiably be outgunned on any panel by 3 pro union party reps.

But it can also be argued that a new harder line party would be a place for the fundamentalist wing to exist and thus separate them from the more moderate position. This is important. In the eye of the media and the general public, it allows the moderate independence position to develop further as a general mainstream public position.

I realise this all has the appearance of Monty python Peoples liberation of Judea versus Judean liberation front type stuff, but looking at historical examples, it is just the way these things tend to go before the end goal is reached. Just some thoughts.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Might have a point as a list party the weird way Holyrood elections are ran. 

ETA: I think it's a disastrous idea but I can see the logic as to how it would create a nationalist majority in Holyrood

We already have a nationalist majority in Hollywood, not that you would think so if you read the "Scottish" press. 

The SNP have 61 seats, the Greens have 6 and both Independents support independence. That's a total of 69 seats. The unionist parties can only muster 59 seats between them

On 02/07/2020 at 19:46, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's peoples thoughts on Nicola forcing you to wear face masks?

Must admit to experience a wee frisson at this idea.

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I knew you would fancy Krankie.

That sort-of implies that you've been keeping a P&B poster/celebrity shipping list.

If you've written any fiction, get it posted. This could be your Leigh Griffiths' Diary.