Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not deflecting from the CMO's actions, they were well out of order and she deserved to be sacked plus she should have been fined, and she was a government employee not an SNP member.

The intention of a lock down, in line with other countries,  officially started on the 23rd of March, it was well mooted before that.

And surprisingly Charles traveled on the same day it was announced, so no doubt he was forewarned of the lock down via the Privy Council, and decided to fly north with his entourage.

His intention was obviously clearly to escape to his isolated holiday home to reduce the risk as there is fuckin nothing going on on Deeside at this time of year.

There is one rule for the privileged and flagrant disregard of the general public by them, at the taxpayers cost this man commandeered an RAF flight, with an entourage, as he wanted to avoid the general public and risk contracting the virus on a commercial flight to Aberdeen. 

It may also have escaped your notice that as the NHS staff are crying out for virus testing kits this man had access to one.

If you wish to believe that these actions were creditable then I really do feel sorry for you.

Agree with most of that. But it's a very long-winded way of saying "oops - that was a false rumour"

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If he lives as long as mater, he will be King of England. It does help when you get your arse wiped for you by the servants every time you have a dump.

Shhh! North British UK nats don’t officially recognise England (unlike the English) because then they might have to recognise the existence of Scotland (and that can bring on stomach pains, vomiting, and extreme levels of cringe).

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Shhh! North British UK nats don’t officially recognise England (unlike the English) because then they might have to recognise the existence of Scotland (and that can bring on stomach pains, vomiting, and extreme levels of cringe).

On that point the Daily Mail have a helpful graphic to remind English people where Scotland is.

image.png.050cb75d58133fa9b544f9f23fe225be.png

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Agree with most of that. But it's a very long-winded way of saying "oops - that was a false rumour"

Just to finish on this selfish action by Charles to isolate himself in Deeside, and thereby bringing the infection into that area we can see that it was pre planned.

On the 12th of March Clarence House staff announced that it was 'Business as Usual' for Charlie and the trip to Jordan was still on the cards.

The next day, the 13th of March all bets were off and proposed events and trips he was to undertake was cancelled, on the same day he decamped to Highgrove.

On the 23rd of March knowing full well that the PM was to announce a lock down that evening he boarded a flight to Aberdeen and onwards to his holiday home.

On the 26th of March it was announced that he had tested positive for Covid 19.

It is clear that he boarded the flight on the 23rd knowing he had symptoms.

But as mentioned earlier he will be King so he can do what he fuckin likes and feck the rest of us. 

I don’t think Sturgeon has got it 100% right during this crisis, but then again I don’t think anyone would.

I can’t think of any politician I would have in charge of Scotland at this difficult time ahead of her.

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think Sturgeon has got it 100% right during this crisis, but then again I don’t think anyone would.

I can’t think of any politician I would have in charge of Scotland at this difficult time ahead of her.

The Common Weal think tank has a new policy paper out for emulating some of the German approaches to get us out of lockdown early. It would involve abandoning the current 4 nation approach to health policy.

I know no one in the SNP reads anything Robin McAlpine writes (which, in my opinion, is their loss) but it does feel like their are alternatives that could be explored but arent in favour of maintaining a sense of collective responsibility with the rest of the UK, and with it a sense of collective protection to political fall out.

Edited by renton

The Common Weal think tank has a new policy paper out for emulating some of the German approaches to get us out of lockdown early. It would involve abandoning the current 4 nation approach to health policy.
I know no one in the SNP reads anything Robin McAlpine writes (which, in my opinion, is their loss) but it does feel like their are alternatives that could be explored but arent in favour of maintaining a sense of collective responsibility with the rest of the UK, and with it a sense of collective protection to political fall out.
I've been very impressed with common weal since signing up and receiving updates. It even made me guilty enough to make a small monthly contribution - it felt like i had to pay for this in some way.

41 minutes ago, renton said:

Which we can't do, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Which we can't do, unfortunately.

We could. Nothing to stop us implementing the measures the Common Weal outlines.

We won't, because to do so opens up a flank where the Scottish Government can be eviscerated if it doesn't go to plan. Cleaving to BoJo the crown's methods means that they take the lions share of any blame that comes attached and the Tories cant attack the SNP with it.

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, renton said:

We could. Nothing to stop us implementing the measures the Common Weal outlines.

We won't, because to do so opens up a flank where the Scottish Government can be eviscerated if it doesn't go to plan. Cleaning to BoJo the crown's methods means that they take the lions share of any blame that comes attached and the Tories cant attack the SNP with it.

Do you have a link? As far as I'm aware we can't do anything other than follow what's decided at the COBRA meetings but we can influence those.

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Key parts of this strategy would involve recruiting over 5,400 Public Health Community Officers"

I seem to have found a flaw in this plan almost immediately.

Why?