Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 08/11/2019 at 16:56, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't honestly say I've always been Nicola's biggest fan since she took on the SNP leadership gig.

Today, she's been absolutely immense from her presentation of the SNP manifesto  to the fielding o all manner of questions on it, and then going on to give individual interviews to all the usual media reptiles.

She handled them all, with total dignity and aplomb - Boris and Jeremy couldn't hold a candle to her, not even close.

I was wondering if Boris, biggest fear on a referendum is going up against Nic in a live debate.

In Boxing terms it's me versus Anthony Joshua.

Makes me realise how good an PM David Cameron was compared with the last 2 chancers

Edited by Gaz FFC

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 09:29, Gaz FFC said:

I was wondering if Boris, biggest fear on a referendum is going up against Nic in a live debate.

In Boxing terms it's me versus Anthony Joshua.

Makes me realise how good an PM David Cameron was compared with the last 2 chancers

David Cameron had more personality than Theresa May.  Not difficult. 

Also less of a clown than Johnson.  Again not difficult.

But was he a good PM? No.  Weak. 

His own party forced him to hold a referendum in favour of something he did not want to do.  That says a lot.

On 15/10/2019 at 19:05, MixuFixit said:

Seems all the wrong yins that were up for positions in the party lost so that's nice.

Late to this thread, but Rhiannon Spear & Fiona Robertson both got in, so there's two monumental wrong yins right there. Both poison, independence is a distant thought to them over their narrow agenda. 

12 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I viewed their opponents as the wrong yins since they'd attack trans people and make the SNP look mental to wider society for reasons I suppose they can explain.

Aye, that joanna cherry, she's bonkers eh? Have a word with yourself. 

The whole trans/self ID reforms has been shelved for now by the SNP so hopefully people can get back to the main goal of Independence. After that they can set up self ID, non self ID parties to fight their corners. Folk like Jordon and Mr Malky get to much of a platform to spout their shite because they have hooked their wagons to the Indy cause.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/11/27/snp-manifesto-scottish-national-party-gender-recognition-act-lgbt-policies/

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The whole trans/self ID reforms has been shelved for now by the SNP so hopefully people can get back to the main goal of Independence. After that they can set up self ID, non self ID parties to fight their corners. Folk like Jordon and Mr Malky get to much of a platform to spout their shite because they have hooked their wagons to the Indy cause.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/11/27/snp-manifesto-scottish-national-party-gender-recognition-act-lgbt-policies/

It's a major problem, there is now a huge number of entryists, the head of the student wing even said he'd be happy to delay indy by years just to sort out the self-ID nonsense (which of course he backs). It beggars belief that someone inside the party could spout that drivel. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Joanna Cherry, whose efforts to make SNP vetting processes looser, directly precipitating the Kirkcaldy debacle can be accused of not thinking strategically on this issue, yes. But what's new there.

The notion that what the SNP needed was less stringent vetting of candidates, having previously allowed the likes of McGarry and Thomson to become MPs, is quite funny. Cherry’s belief that she’s future leadership material rather than backbench fodder at best is hilarious.

I doubt more than a few angry twitterers inspired by Bathboy give a toss if a vanishingly small number of people wish to describe their gender as different from the sex they were born into. It's utterly bizarre that it's become a divisive issue in the SNP.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Cherry has been very impressive at Westminster tbf. She’s one of the leading reasons why no deal Brexit has been prevented so far.

I think she's a much better lawyer than politician.

Nicola stealing the show, yet again, on the ITV debate. 

Really got the Manchester audience on her side.

Agree with GTG-03 on Adam Price - passionate debater who also talks so much sense.

Edited by ICTJohnboy