Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

4 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Cool. Now try posting it in English.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
8 minutes ago, weegienative said:
Indy ref, general election 2015, Brexit.
I think we know which of us has been a blubbering mess.

Yoons and gammons, yes.

Like I said, irony.

The key to comedy is timing.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
4 minutes ago, weegienative said:
Don't speak oor Wullie unfortunately, intelligent as it sounds. You're gonna have to translate.

You're not doing yourself any favours, chum. Why not just do yourself a favour and slink back under your rock?

As funny as my post was, I wasn't actually kidding. I don't have a fucking clue what you said. 

5 hours ago, weegienative said:

As are you and your brainwashed indoctrination into the tenets of UK nationalism and all that that entrails. Whataboutery doesn’t excuse or defend your unthinking and unshakable belief that Scotland is uniquely incapable of sovereign statehood because ... um ... GREAT BRITAIN! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! For “loyalists” to accuse anyone else of being in a cult is pretty bizarre, especially when they are obsessed with the symbols of their beliefs and will condemn anyone attacking or even questioning them. Their precious, precious union can do no wrong and if anyone raises a whisper of dissent about, oh, let’s say people dying under its policies or resources being squandered, that must be dismissed as “grievance” because perfect entity is perfect.

They even try and defend their cultish freakiness by calling it “unionism” whilst despising other unions as, well, being too much like the one whose altar they worship at. It really is like a religion and George Orwell’s doublethink had a baby and that is you and your ilk’s political ideology. “My cult is bigger than yours” might make you feel better, but it doesn’t make it any less a politico-religious cult.

Edited by Antlion

Just watched the Sophy Ridge programme.

Sturgeon is head and shoulders above any other politician in the U.K. at the moment.

Clear what she wants; clear in the reasons for it; clear in her analysis; clear in her presentation.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just watched the Sophy Ridge programme.

Sturgeon is head and shoulders above any other politician in the U.K. at the moment.

Clear what she wants; clear in the reasons for it; clear in her analysis; clear in her presentation.

She's the only leader, certainly, other than Caroline Lucas, who hasn't completely wilted in the Brexit fallout.   And as a result, she's pretty much the face of the Remain movement.  I'm very much reminded of Charles Kennedy at his pomp.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

She's the only leader, certainly, other than Caroline Lucas, who hasn't completely wilted in the Brexit fallout.   And as a result, she's pretty much the face of the Remain movement.  I'm very much reminded of Charles Kennedy at his pomp.

She was the only person on the programme who answered all the questions she was asked.

I know that politicians avoiding questions is nothing knew but Theresa Mayis getting away with murder these days.  She is continually getting asked fair, straightforward questions that she is simply not answering.  People on all sides of the debate deserve better.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She was the only person on the programme who answered all the questions she was asked.

I know that politicians avoiding questions is nothing knew but Theresa Mayis getting away with murder these days.  She is continually getting asked fair, straightforward questions that she is simply not answering.  People on all sides of the debate deserve better.

They also deserve an opposition leader who doesn't shirk the issue on every given opportunity.   May = Corbyn on this particular issue.  His cowardly stance is an affront to us all.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

They also deserve an opposition leader who doesn't shirk the issue on every given opportunity.   May = Corbyn on this particular issue.  His cowardly stance is an affront to us all.

I don’t disagree with that but if their positions were reversed Corbyn would be getting a far harder time.

There was more condemnation of Corbyn by the MSM on an hourly basis during the contrived ‘anti-Semitism’ debacle than there has been of May for fucking up the Brexit negotiations.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t disagree with that but if their positions were reversed Corbyn would be getting a far harder time.

There was more condemnation of Corbyn by the MSM on an hourly basis during the contrived ‘anti-Semitism’ debacle than there has been of May for fucking up the Brexit negotiations.

Yes, this is absolutely true.  

Good thread this. Citing modelling of impacts. Can you for a second imagine a tory doing this.

Might help the 90k people signing on get a job as well.any shortages in the NHS could be filled by people from any country a bit like it is at the moment.

It's a very one sided view from NS.

We disagree on lots but in the spirit of the season, I took the PM a Christmas present today - a bottle of Isle Of Skye Distillers gin from Ian Blackford MP’s beautiful constituency. Maybe she should give Nicholas Soames a taste!

From Sturgeon's Facebook page. Some wummin.

Might help the 90k people signing on get a job as well.any shortages in the NHS could be filled by people from any country a bit like it is at the moment. 
It's a very one sided view from NS.
Aye all those nurses and doctors signing on will be over the moon. Fact is the recent immigration proposals change Scotland's working age population from an increasing one to a decreasing one and that's pretty much a disaster.