Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was the Dunfermline one I was at, during christmas period. Was pushed to do over 250+ an hour and kept getting a row for getting blood on the packages. Couldn't wear gloves because there wasn't enough grip to allow me to maintain that speed. Three weeks in, collapsed to the floor, was rushed to the A&E only to find out the next day that i'd been fired.

Jesus. That's pretty grim. Genuinely surprised that it's that bad in another FC. I guess I don't know how lucky we've got it. I'd assume the rest of us don't either. That's kinda what I was alluding to with the original comment though. We've been treated a bit TOO well and people will still complain. They've got a legit grievance now. Even I'm a bit miffed and I don't get annoyed very easily by work.

The first ever Carer's Allowance Supplement [CAS] payments have landed in CA claimants accounts across the country.

An extra £220 to help with care, bills, food etc allocated to Scottish claimants of the lowest paid and most degrading "benefit"

Give credit where it is due.  

The reforms to Kafkaesque SS benefit system the ScotGov are rolling out are real game-changers.

This is kind of lost in our either/or slapfight.

The first ever Carer's Allowance Supplement [CAS] payments have landed in CA claimants accounts across the country.
An extra £220 to help with care, bills, food etc allocated to Scottish claimants of the lowest paid and most degrading "benefit"
The reforms to Kafkaesque SS benefit system the ScotGov are rolling out are real game-changers.
I'd ask what you meant by "Kafkaesque SS benefit system" but as you're an absolute fucking no-righter, i probably won't bother tbh.

Scottish Govt. gives additional help to some of the poorest in society, Unionist response ; makes no difference,"real game changer".
Scottish Govt. Adjusts tax rates to increase slightly the taxes paid by the highest earners in the country, Unionist response ; scandal,highest taxed nation etc.
Think that about sums it up.

I'd ask what you meant by "Kafkaesque SS benefit system" but as you're an absolute fucking no-righter, i probably won't bother tbh.

Tbf “Kafkaesque” is a fairly routine description of the benefits system in Britain. I think Stephen Armstrong uses it in his book on poverty in modern Britain. Not sure what the SS is about unless he’s suggesting the benefit officers are goosestepping in for their shift.

Tbf “Kafkaesque” is a fairly routine description of the benefits system in Britain. I think Stephen Armstrong uses it in his book on poverty in modern Britain. Not sure what the SS is about unless he’s suggesting the benefit officers are goosestepping in for their shift.
Oops. I misread it as referring to the proposed changes up here [emoji38]

Not even pished either.