Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Binos make the short journey to Meadowbank Stadium to play City.

Not much at stake for both teams, City have made sure they will remain in League 2 after their promotion last year from the Lowland League, well done to them and for ourselves a draw last week at Elgin meant our slim chances of reaching the Playoffs are gone.

This game could be one of those end of season affairs where both teams could go thru the motions and end in a draw or will both teams go for it as their is nothing at stake, we shall see on Saturday.

Prediction Edinburgh City 2 Albion 2       :)

Not really much to get excited about after the disappointment of last weekend.

Well done to Edinburgh in securing their place in League 2 for next season, they were written off by many pre-season but they have shown that with a bit of ambition clubs can find a place within the senior leagues and stay up. The adventure continues for them, as it did with Annan, Elgin and others previously (including a couple of Premiership teams).

I fully expect that Dave Mackay know who he wants to keep for next season and the players who are surplus to requirements, so I'm more interested in off the field moves rather than this game, however a win and a 5th place finish would be nice.

last ever City game at the Concrete Lavvy Pan as we know it.. I think I'll bring a bucket and spade and build a sandcastle in the long jump pit :) 

THINKS: no, I hate the f*cking athletics p***ks. I'll just do a "Brian Ross" in the long jump pit instead... :lol:

ETA: I was at the last ever game on grass at Annfield- Stirling 3 Meadowbank 1: it was my first away trip. 30 years ago around this time of year. It sleeted in the first half so the weather was about the bloody same as it is now!

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

last ever City game at the Concrete Lavvy Pan as we know it.. I think I'll bring a bucket and spade and build a sandcastle in the long jump pit :) 

Hide contents

THINKS: no, I hate the f*cking athletics p***ks. I'll just do a "Brian Ross" in the long jump pit instead... :lol:

ETA: I was at the last ever game on grass at Annfield- Stirling 3 Meadowbank 1: it was my first away trip. 30 years ago around this time of year. It sleeted in the first half so the weather was about the bloody same as it is now!

Will you be walking off with the standside corner flag as a memento?

Finally a city game I'll be attending where i can actually relax. Would like a win to sign off from meadowbank. 

Score prediction

City 2 (Allan, Walker) Albion 1 (Bikey)

Crowd prediction : I'd be disappointed if it was anything under 600 seeing as its the last game there. Hopefully binos bring quite a few over 

Finally a city game I'll be attending where i can actually relax. Would like a win to sign off from meadowbank. 

Score prediction
City 2 (Allan, Walker) Albion 1 (Bikey)
Crowd prediction : I'd be disappointed if it was anything under 600 seeing as its the last game there. Hopefully binos bring quite a few over 

We should have an alright support, had we beaten Elgin we'd have taken a big support but the game is pretty meaningless. Even though we can still mathematically make the play offs.

Not much to shout about in this game looked a 0-0 draw until a City player produced the one bit of skill to win the last game at Meadowbank Stadium in its present form in the dying minutes.

Given results elsewhere if we had won we would be going into next week`s Championship decider at Forthbank will a chance of the playoffs but we really did not deserve anything on todays performance.

Just hope the players pull out all the stops next week to spoil the Smokies party but on todays performance I think it will be a tough ask.

Not much to shout about in this game looked a 0-0 draw until a City player produced the one bit of skill to win the last game at Meadowbank Stadium in its present form in the dying minutes.
Given results elsewhere if we had won we would be going into next week`s Championship decider at Forthbank will a chance of the playoffs but we really did not deserve anything on todays performance.
Just hope the players pull out all the stops next week to spoil the Smokies party but on todays performance I think it will be a tough ask.

Was that city player not Derek riordan, the third top scorer in Scottish premiership history?

Was honestly one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed.

2 games against Clyde and the cup replay against East Fife were significantly worse so I'd count yourself lucky you weren't witness to those. At least Saturday had the excuse of being an end of season dead rubber.

Archived