Unusual Candidates In Your Area

On 04/11/2019 at 19:02, TheScarf said:

Is Donald Boyd still about?  Not heard from him around the town for a while.  Maybe he's gotten the hint that religion's place in modern society is dwindling rapidly.

No word on him, but I see serial UKIP stander Les Durrance is standing for the Brexit Party.  Apparently he was meant to be standing in Moray before Farage scrapped candidates in Tory seats.  

Edited by Highland Capital

On 13/11/2019 at 15:47, Highland Capital said:

No word on him, but I see serial UKIP stander Les Durrance is standing for the Brexit Party.  Apparently he was meant to be standing in Moray before Farage scrapped candidates in Tory seats.  

Here he is from Google.

data=VwD_VciuxE0SNo6TAJ7Bvt-bmqYPxzxszBw

3ZC5LIGC6D10XQFNK1WJ.jpg

I see the aforementioned Scottish Christian Party candidate and man who once declared Radio 1 'the devil's music' Donald Boyd is running this time in Blackford's seat.  

I see the Scottish Family Party are also running in that seat and have a leader who made a joke online about Jo Cox and compared same sex marriage to incest.  Seems a charming man.

Edited by Highland Capital

I see the aforementioned Scottish Christian Party candidate and man who once declared Radio 1 'the devil's music' Donald Boyd is running this time in Blackford's seat.  
I see the Scottish Family Party are also running in that seat and have a leader who made a joke online about Jo Cox and compared same sex marriage to incest.  Seems a charming man.

My girlfriends grandparents were once members of the SCP.

Her grandad said he quit after being asked to canvass in central Glasgow for them.

His policies in 2017: 

The following promises were included: 

* The abolition of the House of Lords, with the exception of Lord Buckethead.

* Nuclear weapons - "A firm public commitment to build the 100-billion-pound renewal of Britain's Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm commitment, privately, not to build it. They're secret submarines, so no one will ever know. It's a win-win."

* Free bicycles for all to "combat obesity, traffic congestion, and bike theft"

* Reducing the voting age to 16 and restricting voting beyond the age of 80.

*Instead of Theresa May's commitment to bring back grammar schools, Buckethead would build "gamma" schools founded on three principles: "One, better funding for teachers, to attract bright graduates. Two, increased facilities for children, especially playing fields. Three, if any child misbehaves three times, they are blasted into deep space, with the parents provided with a lovely fruit basket, by way of consolation or celebration, depending on the child. Discipline is key".

* A referendum on whether or not to have another Brexit referendum.

* Legalise the hunting of fox hunters.

* Nationalise Adele.

* Exile of Katie Hopkins to the "Phantom Zone".

* Regeneration of Nicholson's Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.

* The cessation of arms sales to Saudi Arabia so that Britain can purchase laser weaponry from Lord Buckethead.

Some of these are quite attractive!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I had a look at their websites last night.

Good to know that it’s all secularism’s fault.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I had a look at their websites last night.

Good to know that it’s all secularism’s fault.

Religious people are total wronguns, imagine actually believing that shit.  That should get you sectioned.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Fair point about radio 1

15 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

His policies in 2017: 

The following promises were included: 

* The abolition of the House of Lords, with the exception of Lord Buckethead.

* Nuclear weapons - "A firm public commitment to build the 100-billion-pound renewal of Britain's Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm commitment, privately, not to build it. They're secret submarines, so no one will ever know. It's a win-win."

* Free bicycles for all to "combat obesity, traffic congestion, and bike theft"

* Reducing the voting age to 16 and restricting voting beyond the age of 80.

*Instead of Theresa May's commitment to bring back grammar schools, Buckethead would build "gamma" schools founded on three principles: "One, better funding for teachers, to attract bright graduates. Two, increased facilities for children, especially playing fields. Three, if any child misbehaves three times, they are blasted into deep space, with the parents provided with a lovely fruit basket, by way of consolation or celebration, depending on the child. Discipline is key".

* A referendum on whether or not to have another Brexit referendum.

* Legalise the hunting of fox hunters.

* Nationalise Adele.

* Exile of Katie Hopkins to the "Phantom Zone".

* Regeneration of Nicholson's Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.

* The cessation of arms sales to Saudi Arabia so that Britain can purchase laser weaponry from Lord Buckethead.

Some of these are quite attractive!!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Actually find it hard to disagree with any of that tbh.

On 14/11/2019 at 19:26, Highland Capital said:

"In June 2012, legal action was taken against the Christian Party treasurer by the Electoral Commission for £2,750 for failure to supply accounts for two years as well as for failure to pay previous fines.[6] The party de-registered the following month. Hargreaves was given a further 6 months to supply accounts, but failed to do so and was consequently fined a further £3,000 on top of a previous fine of £1,125 for failing to meet the deadline for provision of accounts.[7]

As a result, the party was de-registered in July 2012 and after the regulatory 6 months had elapsed, re-registered under a new party RPP under the leadership of Jeff Green. Sue Green is the party treasurer and Dr Donald Boyd is the nominating officer and leader of the Scottish Christian Party. The leader of the Welsh Christian Party and overall leader is Green."

That money was just resting in his account... 

On 06/11/2019 at 12:41, Ross. said:

Yeah, I figure they are just giving the girl an introduction to political campaigning with one eye fixed on many future rejections at the ballot box.

they tried that with some posh cnut in a Fife seat years ago. Unfortunately it ultimately ended badly for most of us...

mogg.jpg.999d9de36f3b0459b19e29b68ca69bd2.jpg

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

they tried that with some posh cnut in a Fife seat years ago. Unfortunately it ultimately ended badly for most of us...

mogg.jpg.999d9de36f3b0459b19e29b68ca69bd2.jpg

Now you mention it, he does look like he could be a Fifer.