Unusual Candidates In Your Area

On 4/30/2017 at 10:15, welshbairn said:

The Lib Dems are calling themselves the Scottish Liberal Democrat Focus Team up here. I can only think it's to fool people into thinking they're different from the national party and pick up a few votes.

They've done that for a long time in local elections I believe. Don't know if it's being used differently now but the flyers I have are all blatantly Lib Dem and it isn't really obscuring it.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/this-party-is-standing-for-election-because-the-snp-isnt?utm_term=.vuVBmKO30#.sa6l9MjJy

SNP not pro-indy enough for you ? Vote for the Scottish Independence Referendum Party

IMO I kinda feel that the SNP have already cornered this market.

No Christian Party candidate in Ross, Skye and Lochaber next month but they do have an independent called Ronnie the Crofter, Campbell (no, really!) and the bizarrely named Stick Sturrock representing the 'Something New Party'!

Going through the list of all the constituencies, there's very few UKIP this time around.  Also, I see the Social Democratic Party are running in Glasgow East, the Women's Equality Party are running in Stirling and in North East Fife there's a candidate for the Independent Sovereign Democratic Unity Britain Party (a very catchy name!).

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

No Christian Party candidate in Ross, Skye and Lochaber next month but they do have an independent called Ronnie the Crofter, Campbell (no, really!) and the bizarrely named Stick Sturrock representing the 'Something New Party'!

Going through the list of all the constituencies, there's very few UKIP this time around.  Also, I see the Social Democratic Party are running in Glasgow East, the Women's Equality Party are running in Stirling and in North East Fife there's a candidate for the Independent Sovereign Democratic Unity Britain Party (a very catchy name!).

Ronnie the Crofters a good lad. Always a good laugh watching him try to work a microphone at a hustings. 

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 13:58, Cyclizine said:

Whatever happened to Robbie the Pict? Good lad on getting the Skye Bridge tolls removed. Is he still claiming his croft is an independent Pictish nation?

He is indeed. He bothered so many governmental departments with it for so long now, I believe they just give into his wishes.

If you're driving through Broadford you can't really miss his house. It's the one with all number of flags, most of which I have no idea what they're.

On 5/19/2017 at 21:37, Highland Capital said:

Mike Scott-Hayward is the belter in NE Fife.  

He's previously been a losing Tory, UKIP and independent candidate.  

• 2 weeks later...