Unusual Candidates In Your Area

4 hours ago, Meldrew said:

Niko Omilana when running for London Mayor wanted Freddos to return to their original price of 5p

A policy that I would happily chap doors to support!

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

There's a guy in Canada who's run in every election since the 70s I'm sure.  I had assumed he was a bit of a joke candidate but I saw him interviewed once and he seemed serious.

If he forms his own parties, wears a comedy hat and pretends to support the Winnipeg Jets when in reality, he's a fully paid up season ticket holder for the Canadiens he's Galloway's b*****d half brother.

• 1 month later...

My MSP, John Mason, adding to his religious fuckwittery by admitting to taking part in an anti-abortion "vigil" outside a clinic and claiming woman are coerced into decisions. I have always voted for a party rather than a candidate, but I'm going to have to change for this weirdo. 

2 hours ago, thisal said:

My MSP, John Mason, adding to his religious fuckwittery by admitting to taking part in an anti-abortion "vigil" outside a clinic and claiming woman are coerced into decisions. I have always voted for a party rather than a candidate, but I'm going to have to change for this weirdo. 

How the does the local party keep selecting him as a candidate?

• 5 months later...
On 30/03/2022 at 19:09, Highland Capital said:

I see Bonnie Prince Bob is standing in Edinburgh again.

I see he only for 363 votes when he stood against Angus Robertson in Edinburgh Central, compared to the former's 16276.

As Alba found, it's incredibly difficult to tear voters from the cult.  You see can it on here too.

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I see he only for 363 votes when he stood against Angus Robertson in Edinburgh Central, compared to the former's 16276.

As Alba found, it's incredibly difficult to tear voters from the cult.  You see can it on here too.

Aye, in a fully functioning democracy, a rag tag bunch of weirdos and lunatics would find it very easy to defeat generally popular governments.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye, in a fully functioning democracy, a rag tag bunch of weirdos and lunatics would find it very easy to defeat generally popular governments.

Not sure where you're coming from Gordon, but I didn't think for one minute that Alba were about to defeat the SNP.

It would have been impossible anyway, given they were only standing on the list?

It was the sheer scale of their failure that surprised me, and firmed up in my mind just how deeply ingrained the problem is.

Despite the SNP's dismal record along with Alba's hype and high profile leader, they still only managed a measly list 44,913 votes compared to the SNP's 1,094,374.  The SNP got over 24 times as many as a party who were actually trying to get independence.

The cult acolytes completely ignored the pleas for a supermajority.

In addition, independence supporters had other options on the list. I considered that the Greens had the best chance of a list seat (or on a very good day 2 list seats) in Highlands & Islands, so they got my list vote ahead of the other Indy supporting list candidates.

21 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Not sure where you're coming from Gordon, but I didn't think for one minute that Alba were about to defeat the SNP.

It would have been impossible anyway, given they were only standing on the list?

It was the sheer scale of their failure that surprised me, and firmed up in my mind just how deeply ingrained the problem is.

Despite the SNP's dismal record along with Alba's hype and high profile leader, they still only managed a measly list 44,913 votes compared to the SNP's 1,094,374.  The SNP got over 24 times as many as a party who were actually trying to get independence.

The cult acolytes completely ignored the pleas for a supermajority.

It's probably because people didn't like Alba.

You'll get no argument from me that a list vote for the SNP isn't pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Labour Party candidate seems to be a professional artist, something seriously lacking in Highland Council where any proposal of doing something vaguely artistic to brighten up the town is swamped with a deluge of screams about pot holes, even when the funding would be ringfenced for public art anyway. He'll be in my top 3. Still don't know anything about 2 of the 3 independents, one is the President of a golf club that managed to screw the council for millions and delayed the by pass for a year, so null points from me.

http://www.shaunfraser.com/

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There’s a Scottish Family Party candidate standing in my ward, so I thought I’d check on what they’re getting up to.

“Completely unhinged candidates in your area” thread needed, imo. 

Not I'm my ward but through in Glenrothes thinks battering children should be back on "to help with discipline" fannies of the highest order.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There’s a Scottish Family Party candidate standing in my ward, so I thought I’d check on what they’re getting up to.

“Completely unhinged candidates in your area” thread needed, imo. 

Surely the hypothesis is wrong.  You’d have to be stoned out your skull to vote for that lot.

39 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not I'm my ward but through in Glenrothes thinks battering children should be back on "to help with discipline" fannies of the highest order.

Be afraid, be very afraid..

Mad that anyone at all votes for those facist c***s.  I can at least see how folk could get strung along by ultranationalists like Alba but them I am lost with.