Unusual Candidates In Your Area

35 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see the 'Vanguard Party' are standing a candidate in Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale.  I've never heard of them.  Is it safe to assume that they're #staunch?  

A quick google suggests that the guy was a Brexit party candidate in 2019, so I’d imagine #staunch is an understatement.

edit: he’s also an incredibly sinister looking man.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd111f45ecda13d36f8f17c922296ca9.jpeg

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A quick google suggests that the guy was a Brexit party candidate in 2019, so I’d imagine #staunch is an understatement.

edit: he’s also an incredibly sinister looking man.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd111f45ecda13d36f8f17c922296ca9.jpeg

tenor.gif.1cb710048f27524cd6ec9fd81d6db302.gif

21 hours ago, GordonS said:

UK for All? Something like that. I don't want to Google him again, I feel unclean as it is.

Also standing in Glasgow, this time in Nicola Sturgeon's constituency, is actual fascist Jayda Fransen. She left the English Defence League to join Britain First. In 2018 she was sentenced to 36 weeks in jail after being found guilty of three counts of religiously aggravated harassment.

She was... "convicted on a joint charge of religiously aggravated harassment after an incident last May at 555 Pizza takeaway in Ramsgate, when Fransen banged on the windows and doors of the shop and screamed "paedophile" and "foreigner".

However, in each case, they instead targeted innocent members of the public. 

They filmed the abuse and then released it on social media and through the Britain First website."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43320121

Also standing in Southside is one Greg Energy Adviser.

"To Mr and Mrs Energy Adviser, a son, Greg."

How are folk like her still allowed to run, even given how funny it will be when she loses her deposit?

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 hours ago, GordonS said:
Alistair McConnachie, who was booted out of Ukip for being a holocaust denier and worked for the Orange Order during indyref, is standing on the Glasgow list under the party name... wait for it... Independent Green Voice.

618259651_BacktaetheFuture.jpg.gallery.jpg.475108c7c4551dd34e66eff492eea5bf.jpg

AKA Mankyjaiket.

That look's like the unionist guy who used to turn up at AUOB marches with about twenty of his rabid followers and hurl abuse at Independence marchers.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That look's like the unionist guy who used to turn up at AUOB marches with about twenty of his rabid followers and hurl abuse at Independence marchers.

That's the very chap.

On 01/04/2021 at 09:02, Suspect Device said:

A lot to choose from on the list. 

Geoffrey Farquharson is unknown to me so far unless it's this guy. 

Man given suspended sentence for death threat to MP | UK news | The Guardian

Geoffrey-Farquharson.jpg

While you can only see a fraction of what's behind him you just know that his house is a tip.

Other candidates I've noticed in the Highlands - the perennial UKIP/Brexit Party candidate Les Durrance from Aviemore is standing for Reform.  I also notice former Green MSP for the south Chris Ballance is 9th on the Green list.  I've noticed him running for the council before but you'd have assumed that a former MSP would be higher on the list than that.  There's also an independent standing - Hazel Mansfield.  She seems to be based in the Western Isles and is an anti-violence against women campaigner.  TUSC are also running as well I see.

Edited by Highland Capital

38 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm glad that he enjoys a bit of yoga along with his Nazism.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hitler was into Yoga as well as being a veggie.

Seems Himmler was.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_in_Germany

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hitler was into Yoga as well as being a veggie.

It's not like he had a history of nicking stuff from Indian religions.

On 01/04/2021 at 10:37, GordonS said:

Alistair McConnachie, who was booted out of Ukip for being a holocaust denier and worked for the Orange Order during indyref, is standing on the Glasgow list under the party name... wait for it... Independent Green Voice.

wiki describes the party as:

Independent Green Voice is a minor environmentalist political party in Scotland. First registered with the Electoral Commission in 2003, it is led by Alistair McConnachie.

It opposes debt slavery and calls for the establishment of a not-for-profit "Public Investment Bank" to replace the "debt-based money system".[2] The party is also opposed to Public Private Partnerships, and would restore the link between pensions and average earnings.

In the 2003 Scottish Parliament election, McConnachie stood in Glasgow Kelvin and received 1,300 votes (5.9%). In the 2005 UK general election, he stood in Glasgow South West, and received 379 votes (1.2%).

McConnachie is also the party's treasurer and nominating officer.[3] Prior to establishing the party, he was the Scottish organiser for the United Kingdom Independence Party but his membership was not renewed in the summer of 2001 amid allegations that he was a holocaust denier.[4]McConnachie responded to these allegations at the time of the 2007 Scottish Parliamentary election[5] when the party stood in the Glasgow regionand received 496 votes (0.2%)

And also lists its ideology as British unionism.

However is the name of the party not a little misleading that may dupe some (I don't know older or less discerning) voters? If I was a rabid right wing moon howler like this guy and wanted to tap into say the Liberal Democrat vote (an envious demographic group I concede), would I be able to set up a party and register it as say, the Scottish Left Liberals? 

37 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

wiki describes the party as:

Independent Green Voice is a minor environmentalist political party in Scotland. First registered with the Electoral Commission in 2003, it is led by Alistair McConnachie.

It opposes debt slavery and calls for the establishment of a not-for-profit "Public Investment Bank" to replace the "debt-based money system".[2] The party is also opposed to Public Private Partnerships, and would restore the link between pensions and average earnings.

In the 2003 Scottish Parliament election, McConnachie stood in Glasgow Kelvin and received 1,300 votes (5.9%). In the 2005 UK general election, he stood in Glasgow South West, and received 379 votes (1.2%).

McConnachie is also the party's treasurer and nominating officer.[3] Prior to establishing the party, he was the Scottish organiser for the United Kingdom Independence Party but his membership was not renewed in the summer of 2001 amid allegations that he was a holocaust denier.[4]McConnachie responded to these allegations at the time of the 2007 Scottish Parliamentary election[5] when the party stood in the Glasgow regionand received 496 votes (0.2%)

I looked at that Wiki page the other day and it's been edited since then.  This is the bit that was at the end when I last read it - 

McConnachie has decided now to support Scottish independence as he now realises that the so called British union is so corrupt its better scotland to leave and thrive on its own.[6].