Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Highland Capital

Unusual Candidates In Your Area

Recommended Posts

Time for us to look at some of the more...'alternative' candidates in your area for these upcoming elections.  

For some reason Inverness always has at least one Christian Party candidate at every election.  Donald Boyd, who seems one of their only candidates, is running for the council in Inverness South again.  They want to ban abortion, gay marriage and bring back the death penalty.  A 2004 Scotsman article also claims that Mr Boyd believes that Radio 1 is 'the devil's music'.

I see the SSP are back again and standing in Nairn and a lot more Green candidates by the looks of things this time too.

In the Highlands at the last council elections, there were TUSC and Scottish Senior Citizens candidates.  Don't seem to be standing this time though.

Are there unusual candidates near you in the running?

Edited by Highland Capital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Theirs  some ukip nutter standing in Glasgow that wants to ban golf courses and shag a gorilla

I don't think you can shag a gorilla - it shags you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joke springing to mind here....

This couple were visiting Edinburgh Zoo but got too close to a gorilla's cage and somehow it managed to find a gap in the wire mesh, reached through, grabbed the woman, pulled her into the cage and began to unceremoniously rip her clothes off. Naturally the woman screamed to her husband to do something. "What should I do, what should I do?"  she screamed"

Tell it you've got a sore head, was the somewhat unhelpful reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Joke springing to mind here....

This couple were visiting Edinburgh Zoo but got too close to a gorilla's cage and somehow it managed to find a gap in the wire mesh, reached through, grabbed the woman, pulled her into the cage and began to unceremoniously rip her clothes off. Naturally the woman screamed to her husband to do something. "What should I do, what should I do?"  she screamed"

Tell it you've got a sore head, was the somewhat unhelpful reply

So where is the joke? 1975 maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ukip always get the good looking ones as well, eh?

  Reveal hidden contents

Gisela Allen.

 

Gorilla says 'Not a Wid'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

 

For some reason Inverness always has at least one Christian Party candidate at every election.  Donald Boyd, who seems one of their only candidates, is running for the council in Inverness South again.  They want to ban abortion, gay marriage and bring back the death penalty.  A 2004 Scotsman article also claims that Mr Boyd believes that Radio 1 is 'the devil's music'.

My partners grandparents vote for them everytime. Say it's the only party protecting christian rights. 

Also if i mind right they want to remove the dragon from the Welsh flag also :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TartanWarrior said:

There is this really weird party called the SNP who think that teacakes and biscuits are dangerous weapons out to kill them.

Image result for keyboard warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are RISE, Solidarity, Scottish Socialists etc standing?  I assume not.

Scottish Christian Party beat RISE in a few of the regional list votes in last years election.  The National Front also beat RISE in the North East.

The short notice might scunner some of the smaller / independent parties from standing, they won't be able to get the money together in time.  Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I agree with Donald Boyd about radio 1 so he is already ahead of Labour.

Same with me.
Never watched it for yonks :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fairly sure the monster raving loony party have stood in Perth recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

I'm fair looking forward to voting for the Scottish Libertarian Party ahead of Labour.

That's a really strange one.  Very much a Glasgow-based party except for the one candidate running in Sutherland.  My basic understanding of them is that they're a pro-independence outside the EU party which is a gap in the market, but I can't see them getting anywhere.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

My partners grandparents vote for them everytime. Say it's the only party protecting christian rights. 

Also if i mind right they want to remove the dragon from the Welsh flag also :lol:

That's right!  A symbol of the devil supposedly.  A quick Google search of Donald Boyd's name though reveals he was sacked by the Inverness Free-Presbyterian Church some years ago for some less-than-Christian behaviour. 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Are RISE, Solidarity, Scottish Socialists etc standing?  I assume not.

Scottish Christian Party beat RISE in a few of the regional list votes in last years election.  The National Front also beat RISE in the North East.

The short notice might scunner some of the smaller / independent parties from standing, they won't be able to get the money together in time.  Shame.

I presume RISE are no more but the SSP are standing in the Nairn/Cawdor ward next week.  Solidarity are standing again in Glasgow by the looks of things.

Edited by Highland Capital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That's a really strange one.  Very much a Glasgow-based party except for the one candidate running in Sutherland.  My basic understanding of them is that they're a pro-independence outside the EU party which is a gap in the market, but I can't see them getting anywhere.

They also "oppose the premise of the welfare state" and believe that education should be provided by the free market, so although "pro-indy, anti EU" is a gap in the market, it has been filled by absolute lunatics.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I presume RISE are no more but the SSP are standing in the Nairn/Cawdor ward next week.  Solidarity are standing again in Glasgow by the looks of things.


Solidarity are standing in 3 wards in SLC
The SSP have a candidate standing for the Blantyre ward - that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...