Famous people who have fallen out with you

Flybhoy

There's a bit of beef between myself and Dane Bowers (former pop 'star', former boyfriend of Katie Price, current nobody). Rather hypocritically, he criticised an X Factor contestant who was doing well in the competition despite not being particularly outstanding. I couldn't just stand by and let this happen. A Twitter debate ensued. It's fair to say that Dane couldn't handle the heat.

Dane: Christopher Maloney must feel guilty and embarrassed surely?

Me: Why would he feel guilty and embarrassed? He's in a competition. The aim of entering a competition is to win it. However, you should feel 'guilty' and 'embarrassed' about this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oniFpjFhBj0

Dane: your right...selling nearly a quarter of a million singles in one week is REALLY embarrassing! #mug

Me: I didn't say that the amount sold was embarrassing. I was talking more about the actual quality of the song. The amount sold isn't linked to 'quality'. For example, Crazy Frog and the 'Ketchup Song' sold even more. They aren't considered to be examples of musical greatness. You rose to the bait of the wrong guy, Dane. Apologies. But I wish you all the best for the future x

Dane: but kind sir..they ARE seen as genius songs.. because YOU don't like then or they aren't seen as credible doesn't change the fact. so stop thinking you're being clever...you're not...simple

Me: Yup, and Christopher Maloney is clearly popular with a lot of people. Just because YOU don't like him doesn't change the fact. Congratulations on contradicting yourself. And the Crazy Frog may be 'catchy', but 'genius'? Oh dear.. Give up, Bowers.

Dane: listen you twat...you don't think that to sell that many copies of a song like that isnt genius? sort yourself out...

(Dane blocks me).

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were never pals in the first place but Christina McKelvie posted a statement on her website after I hassled her on twitter on how terrible the SNP MPs and MSP are doing of reviving Hamilton. Lol felt amazing.

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

There's a bit of beef between myself and Dane Bowers (former pop 'star', former boyfriend of Katie Price, current nobody). Rather hypocritically, he criticised an X Factor contestant who was doing well in the competition despite not being particularly outstanding. I couldn't just stand by and let this happen. A Twitter debate ensued. It's fair to say that Dane couldn't handle the heat.

Me: Why would he feel guilty and embarrassed? He's in a competition. The aim of entering a competition is to win it. However, you should feel 'guilty' and 'embarrassed' about this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oniFpjFhBj0

Dane: your right...selling nearly a quarter of a million singles in one week is REALLY embarrassing! #mug

Me: I didn't say that the amount sold was embarrassing. I was talking more about the actual quality of the song. The amount sold isn't linked to 'quality'. For example, Crazy Frog and the 'Ketchup Song' sold even more. They aren't considered to be examples of musical greatness. You rose to the bait of the wrong guy, Dane. Apologies. But I wish you all the best for the future x

Dane: but kind sir..they ARE seen as genius songs.. because YOU don't like then or they aren't seen as credible doesn't change the fact. so stop thinking you're being clever...you're not...simple

Me: Yup, and Christopher Maloney is clearly popular with a lot of people. Just because YOU don't like him doesn't change the fact. Congratulations on contradicting yourself. And the Crazy Frog may be 'catchy', but 'genius'? Oh dear.. Give up, Bowers.

Dane: listen you twat...you don't think that to sell that many copies of a song like that isnt genius? sort yourself out...

(Dane blocks me).

That's a fantastic effort.

'But I wish you all the best for the future' :lol:

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I quite like the Ketchup Song tbf.  Good chord sequence in the chorus.

Anyway, good work on Bowers TRS. 

Agree with everything in this post.

17 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

(Dane blocks me).

Twitter?.You say? Some of those tweets of yours massively outweigh the character allowance.

For this reason I am calling horseshit.

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

Twitter?.You say? Some of those tweets of yours massively outweigh the character allowance.

I have written it as a full transcript for the benefit of Pie & Bovril. As far as I'm aware, each of my paragraphs used up at least two tweets.

19 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I have written it as a full transcript for the benefit of Pie & Bovril. As far as I'm aware, each of my paragraphs used up at least two tweets.

You don't have to justify yourself, I was just passing opinion. I'm sure it really happened.

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

You've got awfully angry since you gave up weed.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You've got awfully angry since you gave up weed.

Ah. The old "you're angry" routine whilst casting a cloud over my character due to substance withdrawal. I see the BRALT has affected your posting style?

I am back on the sacred herb now, having found a company whose D&A policy require samples of saliva instead of urine. 

How are you keeping you mutton molesting, lillywhite bairn you?

3 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Ah. The old "you're angry" routine whilst casting a cloud over my character due to substance withdrawal. I see the BRALT has affected your posting style?

I am back on the sacred herb now, having found a company whose D&A policy require samples of saliva instead of urine. 

How are you keeping you mutton molesting, lillywhite bairn you?

I don't think I've posted on or looked at BRALT since 2012. My posting style is more likely been affected by being surrounded by teuchters the last few years. Keeping fine, you?

44 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I used to be right pally with that Karen Carpenter.

I'll never forget the last words I ever said to her...

You're fair puttin' the beef on, doll.

maxresdefault.jpg

59 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I used to be right pally with that Karen Carpenter.

I'll never forget the last words I ever said to her...

You're fair puttin' the beef on, doll.

I bet there's a kind of hush every time you tell that one.

ETA: In my research for that puerile joke. I seen a lesser known Carpenters song....Bless the Beasts and the Children.

52 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I bet there's a kind of hush every time you tell that one.

ETA: In my research for that puerile joke. I seen a lesser known Carpenters song....Bless the Beasts and the Children.

She said goodbye to lunch.

Never posted on P & B before but here goes...

Back in the nineties my mate was a good friend of Mark McNally and as we used to go out for a beer every weekend sometimes we would end up in his company along with Raymond McStay. Anyway after a few months of this we went to Raymond's birthday party upstairs from a nightclub in Hamilton( can't remember the name of the nightclub) and there were a few Celtic first team players there. I went to the bar to get a round of drinks in and ended up getting into conversation with Gerry Creaney. At this time he was getting a wee bit of stick from the Celtic support as he wasn't playing that well and Celtic were pretty shit in the nineties so I was commiserating with him when all of of sudden he started on me, getting aggresive and acting up. I was taken aback and a little bit embarrassed as there were a few Celtic players there and to be honest was in a little bit of awe of them.

Anyway after about 30 secs of this he calmed down and then says to me " Look how you acted under pressure, imagine how I am feeling". I was astounded and just walked away saying Ok still feeling a little embarrassed.

Johnathan Gould told me to f**k off.
We were in Glasgow after being at Ibrox the day we beat them 3-0, Larson and lubo scored, we left a pub to walk along sauchiehall street and the entire Celtic squad were walking towards us in tux's going to the player of the season awards, in the thistle hotel, the one were Thomson was caught pissing up an ally. Gould asked me where Cambridge street was and I said it's in London so he told me to f**k off. Looking back it was probably justified.

I was at a Sportsman's Dinner a few years ago and Walter Smith and Murdo MacLeod were doing a light hearted Q&A session. Some questions were submitted beforehand in slips of paper we had been given.

WS was getting into the spirit of the night (literally) and was self-deprecating about his own playing career and some of his less than successful signings. There was a running theme going through his answers about the limited talents of Kirk Broadfoot.

As a table full of Dumbarton fans, and going with the apparent spirit of the proceedings, we put a written question in to MMcL along the lines of..."What dodgy Polaroids of you did Alan Foster have to make you pick him every week when you were Dumbarton manager?" Foster had been a bombscare of a full back when MMcL had been our player/manager in the early 90s.

Murdo went apeshit. First of all he demanded to know who had asked the question. Not just the table...he wanted to know which individual. The compere gently tried to move things along but MMcL was adamant. I stuck my hand up just to get things moving. MMcL asked me to stand up then asked me what team I had ever played for. This was drawn out for a few minutes, with MMcL playing the "show us your medals" card. It was a really uncomfortable situation and put a dampener on the rest of the night.

MMcL spent the rest of the evening drawing me daggers.

They say you should never meet your heroes. Having idolised Murdo as an emerging player for the Sons in the 1970s and worshipped him as a promotion winning manager in the 1990s I now view him as a humourless c*#t.

Archived