Famous people who have fallen out with you

Flybhoy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

My one and only altercation was with Neil Lennon. Was late in the night at the Garage nightclub around 2005 If memory serves me right and me and my mate had gone down to the wee cocktail bar. While waiting at the bar I turn to my side and Neil Lennon is standing next to me pished out his nut. I say "how you doing Neil?" And he replies with a slabbering "you a *** b*****d?"

After convincing him of my "******" status (I was a bit awe struck admittedly) and some standard photos me and my mate were invited to sit with him. Half an hour of chit chat was brought to a swift end as I somehow managed to throw an entire vodka and coke all down his expensive suit. Was told to get to f**k in no uncertain terms.

I was really embarrassed and felt like a right dick at the time but now I'm older and wiser I realise he was a bigoted arsehole and can't stand him now.

I met Neil Lennon once up the West End and he was great chat and really friendly. I even told him I fucking hated him as a footballer and he laughed it off and said "good"

I met Neil Lennon once up the West End and he was great chat and really friendly. I even told him I fucking hated him as a footballer and he laughed it off and said "good"

My wife's cousin is good mates with him and she assures me he's a top guy. I think the drink gets the better of him though and going by his opening line to me that night I'm never surprised when I hear he's had a scuffle with Rangers fans

I know Stewart Lee - not well, but I can confirm that he is a cock. I've spoken to him several times in the past at various get-togethers (although not recently), and he is a pillock. He used to go out with my wife's cousin. He came up a few times for Christmas and one or two other things; I found him condescending and arrogant. Anyway, they've split up now - and my wife's cousin seems a lot happier. 

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I know Stewart Lee - not well, but I can confirm that he is a cock. I've spoken to him several times in the past at various get-togethers (although not recently), and he is a pillock. He used to go out with my wife's cousin. He came up a few times for Christmas and one or two other things; I found him condescending and arrogant. Anyway, they've split up now - and my wife's cousin seems a lot happier. 

Well played. 

27 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I can imagine Rob Brydon saying that. I don't normally like Welsh people, but I did like "The trip to Spain". And all the others before

I put Stuart McCall on his arse when going into the changing rooms at Dunkeld House Hotel back in May 1998. He was pretty sound to be honest and was laughing his head off as I helped him up! I wiped the smile off his face when I told him I hoped Hearts beat them in the upcoming cup final.....which they duly did! :D

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I met him in the bar at Dakota hotel and he was brand new.

I met him appearing from behind a bush near Ashton Lane in Glasgow's West End. As I was pished I shook his hand and said "Awright Neil?" but I wasn't overly keen on the look in his eye. He was either sussing me out or mentally undressing me. Both of them are entirely understandable as a) he got a doing not far from there and b) I have been known to make heterosexual men feel gay desires.

It is only now that I write this that is has dawned on me that he was probably doing a slash in said bushes and the chances of there being a sink for him to wash his hands before shaking mine are slim to none.

52 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Lennon is fine, Alan Thompson though...

My stepdad is a taxi driver, and season ticket holder at Celtic Park. He was of the opinion that Alan Thompson was an absolute cock, with co-passengers(Usually Johan Mjallby at the time) regularly having to apologise on his behalf while he was assistant manager with Celtic.

On Neil Lennon, my older brother met him in some nightclub in Glasgow while he was still playing for Celtic, and tried to get him to sign for Clydebank. He seemed to be disappointed that Lennon came across as a decent guy, having expected him to be a complete cock.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I met him appearing from behind a bush near Ashton Lane in Glasgow's West End. As I was pished I shook his hand and said "Awright Neil?" but I wasn't overly keen on the look in his eye. He was either sussing me out or mentally undressing me. Both of them are entirely understandable as a) he got a doing not far from there and b) I have been known to make heterosexual men feel gay desires.

It is only now that I write this that is has dawned on me that he was probably doing a slash in said bushes and the chances of there being a sink for him to wash his hands before shaking mine are slim to none.

I can remember watching a live game from Parkhead with some Celtic-supporting pals in Tennents in Byres Road when Lennon was playing for them. He was either substituted or pulled up with an injury shortly into the second half and I still recall the look of shock on their faces when he walked into the boozer just as the game was finishing.

No way he'd stuck about for a shower that day...

You would regularly see Lennon in the boozers in the West End, he didn't seem to have the entourage of hangers on that a lot of footballers attract.  He generally seemed ok and would happily talk to folk up to a point.

I was in Jinty's with a couple of Celtic supporting mates who were chatting to him and he asked if I was a Celtic fan, to which I replied along the lines of "Am I f**k", so he called me "*** b*****d".  He had a smile on his face at the time, so I don't think that counts as falling out with me.

edit: Joos Valgaren (sp?) was there as well and he was a very nice guy.

edit edit: On the subject of footballers and Ashton Lane, I remember being in Cul De Sac (now Radio or Nude or some shite) and Derek Riordan was in with some gigantic mate/minder.  The two of them sat in a corner, drinking pints and scowling at the world, with not a single word uttered between them.  If he didn't appear to be such a fanny it would genuinely have been one of the saddest things i've ever seen.

Archived