People You Like For Any Reason

41 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

IIRC I first became aware of him when he was in a double act with Joe Pasquale, which was something I held against him for years.

Think you're right. How Pasquale ever got beyond a horrible club act is beyond me.

Also, sometimes on The Chase, Bradley Walsh looks like he's just come off a right bender. Proper red eyed. By and large he does do a good job though.

Edited by jimbaxters

Definitely. I got his book on the back of watching that series, his story is unreal.

Can't believe the guy is fifty! Thought he was mid 30s at most.

Prob gonna pick up his book at some point although concerned each recipe is gonna need about 100 ingredients if the Chef Show is anything to go by.

Yes, a simply incredible man.
I don't really know much about the actor - I think he's called Anwan Glover - but the character is one of the best. He's obviously a 'bad guy' but he's someone you think is obviously a good bloke just caught up in 'The Game' - The Wire is brilliant at this - showing that there's not really bad and good guys, just folk trying their best to get by.

7 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I don't really know much about the actor - I think he's called Anwan Glover - but the character is one of the best. He's obviously a 'bad guy' but he's someone you think is obviously a good bloke just caught up in 'The Game' - The Wire is brilliant at this - showing that there's not really bad and good guys, just folk trying their best to get by.

Except Snoop and Chris.

Just pure, unleashed animals. 

Just now, scottmcleanscontacts said:
14 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
Except Snoop and Chris.
Just pure, unleashed animals. 

Aye and probably Marlo too. f**k getting on the wrong side of those three c***s. Did quite enjoy Snoop's end though.

Yep. Played by solider she taught, and took her end like a trooper.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

I thought Chris was sound enough, well compared to his boss and his murdery partner at least.

He was still a wee bit killy though.

Seriously, first time I watched that series of The Wire it was about 3 episodes in before I realised Snopp was a lassie.

25 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

He was still a wee bit killy though.

Seriously, first time I watched that series of The Wire it was about 3 episodes in before I realised Snopp was a lassie.

Aye sound by The Wire standars is def not sound in normal terms, I can't remember when I realised she was a girl but it was def not at the start.