People You Like For Any Reason

• 1 year later...
On 28/06/2017 at 23:26, D.A.F.C said:

I think he gets a lot of unjust inverse snobbery because he has a posh voice. I remember seeing him on a show with Ferne Cotton and changed my opinion on him.

Awfully nice on that Bake Off programme tonight. (James Blunt.)

Edited by Bold Rover
Omission

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:58, D.A.F.C said:

5c8808ac07067_FREDDIBNAH.thumb.jpg.03c06fe29ef37bcddc2034b60ddb3041.jpg

Did yer like that?

I remember watching a documentary on Fred Dibnah where a neighbour has grassed him up to the local council for building a shed in his back garden without planning permission. A guy from the local council came to have a look and declared permission wasn't required and there was no problem. Just as he was about to leave he asked Fred what the shed was for.

Fred - "It's for the fan on my ventilation system"

Council Guy - "What do you need a ventilation system for?"

Fred (proudly) - "It's for my mine shaft"

Council Guy - "I think I'd better take a look at that before I go"

Fred had sunk a 50-60ft deep shaft in his garden. It was a work of art with access ladders and beautifully tiled throughout. The council guy was horrified and left saying he would have to come back with his boss.

8db6543d405641269251b929c010e1b8-articleLarge.thumb.jpg.f9c821cccb5c0c779f358e6877c64899.jpg

A bit late cos he's deid.

Currently watching his series on Netflix. He'd have been a great person to go for a bowl of noodles and a few beers with (not a euphemism) in some Vietnamese street cafe. 

6 hours ago, PWL said:

8db6543d405641269251b929c010e1b8-articleLarge.thumb.jpg.f9c821cccb5c0c779f358e6877c64899.jpg

A bit late cos he's deid.

Currently watching his series on Netflix. He'd have been a great person to go for a bowl of noodles and a few beers with (not a euphemism) in some Vietnamese street cafe. 

Apart from David Bowie, Bourdain was the only celebrity death that upset me, i was genuinely gutted to hear he'd taken his own life. 

Definitely one of the good guys, i recently watched an episode of No Reservations where they go to Beirut and it all kicks off, he made some great tv. 

6 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Apart from David Bowie, Bourdain was the only celebrity death that upset me, i was genuinely gutted to hear he'd taken his own life. 

Definitely one of the good guys, i recently watched an episode of No Reservations where they go to Beirut and it all kicks off, he made some great tv. 

Very much this. Outside of P&B's Dead Pool, I don't usually pay much attention to celebrity deaths. After AB's though; I was barely here for several days. And the No Reservations Beirut episode was one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. 

6 hours ago, expatowner said:

Bradley Walsh. Never takes himself too seriously and treats folk with a bit of respect.

I used to have him down as a first rate pr#@k maybe because I used to mix him up with Brian Conley. Bradley actually seems a thoroughly decent guy.

8 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I used to have him down as a first rate pr#@k maybe because I used to mix him up with Brian Conley. Bradley actually seems a thoroughly decent guy.

IIRC I first became aware of him when he was in a double act with Joe Pasquale, which was something I held against him for years.