Forfar vs Cowdenbeath

26 minutes ago, OZMO said:

how was our pal Grant Adam today, any classic howlers, abuse of fans/ball boys or any other general lowlife Dundonian shenanigans. :thumsup2

He was giving dogs abuse to the linesman near the end for absolutely nothing. Never liked him. Bit of a Barton for me.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the club will appeal Rutherford's red card, a booking for sure but it looks to me that the Forfar bench jumping onto the pitch went against Shaun making the whole thing worse than it was.

Great goal by Robbie and Kyle was unlucky with his shot which came off the bar and a great save at the end from Jamie about the only thing he had to do in the 90 minutes.

A good all round team effort everyone gave their all.

All to play for next week at Borough Briggs, when Gary Locke took over when we were 7 points adrift few would have expected us to still have a chance going into the last game but him Billy and Zorro have turned things around to their credit.

Next week sort of minds me of 2013 when we had to win and Hamilton and hope that Airdrie got a result against the Pars at EEP and both happened. We just have to go out and win next week, our away record is better than our home one, and hope that City and Montrose win the other games. Montrose need a win to keep in the play offs and City still have a chance of finishing sixth and i'm sure captain Dougie Gair will want to end his 13 years with them with a win.

On a side note today the SPFL had a sign with League 2 Champions at CP today incase Forfar won the league could be heading into s skip near you soon.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hopefully the club will appeal Rutherford's red card, a booking for sure but it looks to me that the Forfar bench jumping onto the pitch went against Shaun making the whole thing worse than it was.

Great goal by Robbie and Kyle was unlucky with his shot which came off the bar and a great save at the end from Jamie about the only thing he had to do in the 90 minutes.

A good all round team effort everyone gave their all.

All to play for next week at Borough Briggs, when Gary Locke took over when we were 7 points adrift few would have expected us to still have a chance going into the last game but him Billy and Zorro have turned things around to their credit.

Next week sort of minds me of 2013 when we had to win and Hamilton and hope that Airdrie got a result against the Pars at EEP and both happened. We just have to go out and win next week, our home record is better than our home one, and hope that City and Montrose win the other games. Montrose need a win to keep in the play offs and City still have a chance of finishing sixth and i'm sure captain Dougie Gair will want to end his 13 years with them with a win.

On a side note today the SPFL had a sign with League 2 Champions at CP today incase Forfar won the league could be heading into s skip near you soon.

Andy , what is Locke's record since coming in?

Just now, big al said:

Andy , what is Locke's record since coming in?

15 points from 10 games (including the win at Berwick when he watched from the stand).

Pld 10 W 4 D 3 L 3 F 12 A 8 Pts 15

Only poor performance he has had was the 2-0 loss to Montrose and the 1st half v Arbroath last week (with Renton missing).

Going into next week his away record is

Pld 5 W 3 D 1 L 1 F 9 A 3 Pts 10

36 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Bollan is a tosser. Was at it the last game at CP too.

heard there was a bust up in the boardroom too involving Forfar directors. They are a disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

15 points from 10 games (including the win at Berwick when he watched from the stand).

Pld 10 W 4 D 3 L 3 F 12 A 8 Pts 15

Only poor performance he has had was the 2-0 loss to Montrose and the 1st half v Arbroath last week (with Renton missing).

Going into next week his away record is

Pld 5 W 3 D 1 L 1 F 9 A 3 Pts 10

Thanks.

compare to Foxs 10 losses in previous 11 games makes a big big turn around with almost the same players.

28 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

I was at that Hamilton game and I love female linesmen as a result.

p.s. our *away* record is better than our home one and I am confident we can get a result up there.

Lineswoman surely Wullie:P A good Fifer from Thornton.

What a day that was at Hamilton we got the bus to go through the Toon and EEP on the way back:lol:

22 minutes ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

Remember DC had Forfar above the relegation zone, and still in the Scottish Cup before he was sacked. 

DC > GB. 

Yes but we hadn't won in 11 games....and were plummeting like a stone...maybe something to do with it?? (and yes we brought in the wrong guy)

Just now, tbsouth said:

Yes but we hadn't won in 11 games....and were plummeting like a stone...maybe something to do with it?? (and yes we brought in the wrong guy)

After many years of good service DC has a bad spell and he is sacked, I think he deserved more time. Anyway your loss is our gain :)  Enjoy your triple header verses Annan! :whistle

Our Chairman sacked D.C. And brought in G.B. Presumably because he was younger and more tactically aware than old D.C.

We started today with our 4:5:1 which had worked well against Stirling and Clyde but it was obvious to all after 10 mins that it wasn't working. The long ball up to Lister did not work, Coxy was isolated out wide and Malone , how can he start with Foxy sitting on the bench. Did Gary change tactics? At 90 mins we were still punting long balls up to our front players the same tactics a Sunday Pub team would adopt. We were the top of the league team and Cowdenbeath were bottom but we were lucky to escape with a point. If we fail to get up to league one then Bollan has to go and our Chairman with him.

9 hours ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

After many years of good service DC has a bad spell and he is sacked, I think he deserved more time. Anyway your loss is our gain

I agree that Dick should have been given more time, though I wouldn't have given him much more time. Bollan would certainly not have been my choice, the obvious choice was a legendary player who was already on the staff but he's now showing our board their mistake by guiding another coastal Angus team to better days.

Dick is doing a fine job at Arbroath and is driven to do so by his sacking from us, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd moved on under his own volition or retired at the end of last season. We certainly did Arbroath a favour by making a fired up and revigourated Fester.

Let's hope Stirling are determined that Arbroath won't be crowned on their pitch and we turn up against Annan for hopefully our last game against them this season.

Last night on here I wished Cowdenbeath well but given the hate and bile that's come from their supporters since I'm not so sure I do wish them survival anymore. It was a huge game yesterday but it was huge for both clubs, Forfar were no angels but Cowden weren't either, I couldn't be there yesterday but I've been there many times before and the home support have been one of the least welcoming and ungraceful set of supporters I've experienced. The majority of their comments on this forum hasn't changed my opinion.

Archived