Forfar vs Cowdenbeath

Have to say that from my view, in the the stand at the time, it was no surprise the ref went with a red. Completely unnecessary challenge on the wing where Cox was going absolutely nowhere. Not in control and dangerous. Had the look of reckless about it from the moment he launched himself into it.

Forfar bench reaction (as one) was in response to the Cowdenbeath challenge. If he hadn't jumped in, they wouldn't have all reacted at the exact same time.

If we are playing the everyone-should-be-encouraging-good-behaviour-throughout card, then the 'beath management team should have been commenting on the blatant time wasting from the keeper/ballboys and bench throughout the second half. Many in the Forfar ranks were slightly bemused as to why you were settling for a draw when you clearly had a chance to get 3 points and give yourself more of a fighting chance next weekend. #justsaying

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever. The ballboys all had a ball and were recycling asap throughout the game.

Aye very good. Don't forget your keeper, after you were ahead, walking out as far as he could towards the ballboys to pick up the ball and walk all the way back to the other end of the box, rather than get the ball thrown to him for a quicker restart.
We've done it ourselves, but don't play the innocent everyone-is-against-us-card.
We've only ourselves to blame for our current position but it seems the Forfar management team have got you in your current predicament.

7 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Aye very good. Don't forget your keeper, after you were ahead, walking out as far as he could towards the ballboys to pick up the ball and walk all the way back to the other end of the box, rather than get the ball thrown to him for a quicker restart.
We've done it ourselves, but don't play the innocent everyone-is-against-us-card.
We've only ourselves to blame for our current position but it seems the Forfar management team have got you in your current predicament.

Careful dee, they aren't big fans of the truth, it gets in the way of blaming others.

9 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Have to say that from my view, in the the stand at the time, it was no surprise the ref went with a red. Completely unnecessary challenge on the wing where Cox was going absolutely nowhere. Not in control and dangerous. Had the look of reckless about it from the moment he launched himself into it.

Forfar bench reaction (as one) was in response to the Cowdenbeath challenge. If he hadn't jumped in, they wouldn't have all reacted at the exact same time.

If we are playing the everyone-should-be-encouraging-good-behaviour-throughout card, then the 'beath management team should have been commenting on the blatant time wasting from the keeper/ballboys and bench throughout the second half. Many in the Forfar ranks were slightly bemused as to why you were settling for a draw when you clearly had a chance to get 3 points and give yourself more of a fighting chance next weekend. #justsaying

You do know who their "manager" is?

9 hours ago, dee_62 said:

The tackle apart, the cheating dwarf was at it all game and every other game I've seen him play. You seem to have very selective

eyesight. Or just play the I-never-saw-it-card.

44 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The tackle apart, the cheating dwarf was at it all game and every other game I've seen him play. You seem to have very selective

Not at all - I was only commenting on the "controversial" red card incident.

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

Not at all - I was only commenting on the "controversial" red card incident.

Not going to fall out with any Forfar fans, they were great on Saturday. The Forfar management team and Cox's hysterics and play acting got the Cowden player sent off as many have already stated.

Bit surprised that none of the Forfar management  were sent packing as well. It's happened to more high profile management than ours.

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Whether it fits your dogma or not, the fact is that our "manager" and his team have transformed a listless side heading for oblivion into a team who go into the final match of the season with at least a fighting chance of avoiding the relegation play-offs. If we do end up in the play-offs, our improved form and battling spirit gives us hope that we can stay in the league.

36 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Whether it fits your dogma or not, the fact is that our "manager" and his team have transformed a listless side heading for oblivion into a team who go into the final match of the season with at least a fighting chance of avoiding the relegation play-offs. If we do end up in the play-offs, our improved form and battling spirit gives us hope that we can stay in the league.

Just judging on games against us, I thought Cowden looked a decent team under Fox but lacking spirit, wouldn't have said that on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not going to fall out with any Forfar fans, they were great on Saturday. The Forfar management team and Cox's hysterics and play acting got the Cowden player sent off as many have already stated.

Bit surprised that none of the Forfar management  were sent packing as well. It's happened to more high profile management than ours.

No intention of falling out with anyone either Aberdeen Cowden - I guess we just see this aspect differently - I feel the player himself didn't do anyone any favours by throwing himself recklessly into a challenge he didn't have to make.  If that doesn't happen, then none of the flare ups that followed would happen either (including the red card and both dugouts having a pop at each other).

Best of luck for Saturday.

12 hours ago, dee_62 said:

What a minter of a closing paragraph.

7 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Gary Locke has galvanised us, exactly what we needed so he has been a great recruitment on the circumstances. We couldn't give a shit if it didn't work out for him at Raith, it's unrelated to us.

3 hours ago, dee_62 said:

No intention of falling out with anyone either Aberdeen Cowden - I guess we just see this aspect differently - I feel the player himself didn't do anyone any favours by throwing himself recklessly into a challenge he didn't have to make.  If that doesn't happen, then none of the flare ups that followed would happen either (including the red card and both dugouts having a pop at each other).

Best of luck for Saturday.

Players make late tackles every week. Management and subs etc don't come onto the pitch every week going off their heads about a tackle. It's poor behaviour for a 'manager'.

• 8 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:09, NotAFan said:

The tiny wee prat no7 was trying to go fighting with a Cowden supporter in the tunnel. Another classy Forfar player.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:30, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Forfar were an absolute disgrace. They had to resort to cheating to get something from the game. The dwarf with the "broken leg" who was the dirtiest player on the park and the Forfar bench got the Cowden player sent off.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 09:44, Aberdeen Cowden said:

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:43, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The Forfar management team and Cox's hysterics and play acting got the Cowden player sent off as many have already stated.

Enjoy Coxy Cowden boys!

Archived