East Fife vs Airdrieonians

On 27/04/2017 at 12:48, ewan_fife said:
39 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

East Fife are utter rancid how were we on the same points as them?emoji23.png

Have to admit we were extremely poor yesterday and Airdrie fully deserved the convincing win. However when I saw the following players sitting in the stand yesterday due to injury and suspension, the result was hardly surprising. The spine of our team were missing - Jonathan Page, Kyle Wilkie, Tony Wallace, Scott Robinson & Chris Duggan. How would Airdrie have coped having Stewart, Mensing, Conroy, Russell and Ryan out long term ? 

Good luck to Airdrie in the play offs if results go their way on the last day !

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bayviewboy said:

I think missing Robinson in Midfield and Page at the back were important factors although your recent run of games had been disappointing from your viewpoint( much like ours as well) Don't know much about Duggan but Smith and Austin did not offer much yesterday. Undoubtedly if we had the players named out long term it would have been difficult although only Ryan has I think been consistently good. The final day could go any way on the day and nerves will be jingling. Difficult away games for the others indeed. Our prospects should we make it do not bode well but funnier things have happened before.

It was a hand ball but the flight of the ball didn't deviate so was not going in! Hand was up even before the header so cannot be construed as being deliberate! Penalty kick & yellow card should have been the decision. Didn't affect the outcome but with goal difference being so crucial it may determine final places!

9 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

It was clearly for a handball ffs Mr Magoo

I thought it was for danergous play, the East Fife boy had a high boot and was showing his studs?

1 hour ago, vip3r said:

I thought it was for danergous play, the East Fife boy had a high boot and was showing his studs?

Watching the highlights for me it was for dangerous play also the boot was at head level. It was a penalty and I can understand the defenders natural reaction is to go for the ball.

Record reports it as hand ball and the EF gaffer doesn't seem to argue simply stating "it should only have been a yellow". So hand ball it is.

Well, that was shite

Threadbare squad and missing some key players.  Duggan's sending off last week a huge contributing factor to this week for me.

Anyway, onwards to next season (assuming no dramatic last day results.  Hope to see Barry Smith build on the squad he has.  If he could get Jason Kerr, James Penrice and Jessie Curran back on loan, I'd be delighted

You could say that mate.   His dad Sandy was a key member of our team from 1989 till 2006 including captaining us in the '92 cup final.   Scott debuted in 2013 when just turned 17.

He looked very similar to a lad who played for Airdrie YA at the Ayr football festival in 2010. I was coaching a Glens Strollers team in the same group, and we we're ap against them. Really god player at the time

12 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

He looked very similar to a lad who played for Airdrie YA at the Ayr football festival in 2010. I was coaching a Glens Strollers team in the same group, and we we're ap against them. Really god player at the time

I couldn't say for sure mate if that was definitely him or not.

20 hours ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

Well, that was shite

Threadbare squad and missing some key players.  Duggan's sending off last week a huge contributing factor to this week for me.

Anyway, onwards to next season (assuming no dramatic last day results.  Hope to see Barry Smith build on the squad he has.  If he could get Jason Kerr, James Penrice and Jessie Curran back on loan, I'd be delighted

Add to that Mark Hurst and Luke Watt.

No idea if these players are still in contract with their parent clubs although I did read

that Jason Kerr's contract was due to expire in June.Jamie Insall could also have been an important player in the run-in.

1 player I would like to see return is Ryan Wallace.

Archived