Arbroath vs Elgin City

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree about Jimmy Scott. He offered nothing until the last few minutes holding it in the corner, but for the previous 90+ minutes he was a passenger. Cannot fathom why DC persists on starting him when he is so out of form. Not saying he is a bad player, as he has contributed to the progress this season, but he has been below par for weeks now.

Just to mention that ive been following Arbroath all season due to betting commitments & can i say that whislt its not been the easiest of returns i think youve done great Arbroath win or lose this.

thank you

top of the league top of the league hallo hallo

Fair play to Arbroath, they managed the conditions far better than us (is it always like that??)

Didn't see any contact for the free kick at the first goal.  Second must've been very close as I've looked several times and can't see who was playing McCord onside..

Jamie Reid booked for celebrating a goal..tut tut, naughty boy - this sort of behaviour must be stopped, players and fans enjoying themselves, disgusting.

At the time I couldn't see what his second yellow was for, but I see on the highlights he had a wee kick out following a tussle, so silly boy.

Had to chuckle at the assistant on the camera side..whenever a free kick was taken he would "assist" the ref and other lino by calling "now" into his headset when the ball was kicked - pity he was late, every time.

Everything to play for next week then, for everyone!

Fair play to Arbroath, they managed the conditions far better than us (is it always like that??)
Didn't see any contact for the free kick at the first goal.  Second must've been very close as I've looked several times and can't see who was playing McCord onside..
Jamie Reid booked for celebrating a goal..tut tut, naughty boy - this sort of behaviour must be stopped, players and fans enjoying themselves, disgusting.
At the time I couldn't see what his second yellow was for, but I see on the highlights he had a wee kick out following a tussle, so silly boy.

Had to chuckle at the assistant on the camera side..whenever a free kick was taken he would "assist" the ref and other lino by calling "now" into his headset when the ball was kicked - pity he was late, every time.
Everything to play for next week then, for everyone!

No. It was a very bad day yesterday wind wise. Usually get 2/3 of them a season.

First is a free kick. Barely any complaints from the Elgin players sums it up.

McCord was actually on I think. This is AFTER the ball was headed. The defender is coming out the box and McCord back in too. Thought offside at the time after seeing it he's on imo.

IMG_1493544453.358480.jpg

The 3rd goal shows that you can still play good football in tough conditions if you keep the ball on the ground and play football. Great goal to watch. Pity the highlights don't show the fouls leading up to the Elgin free kicks. It's my only complaint about the highlights as they are excellent other than that. Don't see how Gomes was getting blamed earlier in the thread. Thought he played well in tough conditions and made a good double save in the first half. Nothing he could do for either goal.

Also I noticed that Arbroath players made sure they celebrated their goals on the pitch while Reid made the silly mistake of going into the fans. Technically he could of got a straight red for the kickout. Very silly especially when your on a booking.

6 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

It was unusual the wind yesterday, it normally blows the other way

2 hours ago, ecto said:

It was unusual the wind yesterday, it normally blows the other way

Ha ha! It normally blows the other way! Brilliant. That will confuse all visiting teams in the future if they read this thread. 

"Don't worry about the wind at Gayfield lads. I have heard from a very reliable source, that it normally only blows one way"

Ha ha! It normally blows the other way! Brilliant. That will confuse all visiting teams in the future if they read this thread. 
"Don't worry about the wind at Gayfield lads. I have heard from a very reliable source, that it normally only blows one way"

To be fair I said the same to an Elgin City fan in the first half. Wind was blowing towards the seats!!! Usually always blows up in the direction of the harbour end!

Archived