Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celtic fans love it.  It makes them feel special and as if they've each personally achieved something significant.
Look, I know it's utterly, pitifully, bafflingly pathetic, but it's true.  This is how they like they like their football.

I agree with all of that mate when it comes to who will win the league and who should win cups etc but you do have to admit what Celtic have done this season is pretty impressive.

Despite talent to achieve that consistency to not only be unbeaten but only drop points 4 times in the league and actually to never really looking like being beaten all season is some achievement.

We lost the League Cup final because we were shite. We lost yesterday because Celtic are great. The ability to win when you aren't playing brilliantly, when your opposition are playing at 100%, when the pressure is at its greatest, that's what came through from that Celtic side. Congratulations you fucking b*****ds. I hope Brendan gets bored and you end up with someone shite.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This Celtic team is not as good as the Lisbon Lions. But the LL never went undefeated for a season. Not sure what that proves! :lol:

Dundee United>Lisbon Lions.

6 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Could be tinpot enough to get knocked out to lower league dross..?

That's not tinpot, that's just being shit. The same team gave your side a very good game.

6 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Seriously?  They couldn't sell out?  Fucking tragic. Big club my arse. 

Practically the whole top tier of the south stand was Sellick fans and there were a few rows empty at the bottom of the west as well.

5 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

We did sell out what we were given. The SFA gave us the option of an extra 1500 or so if we completely sold the initial 20000 in 7 days, which we didn't quite manage.

So, less than a 50-50 split.

5 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Fair enough.  I was just replying to the mention they didn't sell out. 

They didn't. Certainly in terms of the big deal that is always made of having a 50-50 split in matches like this one.

3 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Going into Administration and getting relegated would top that,  

Again, that's not tinpot. It's just mismanagement and/or being shit.

Tinpot is failing to sell half of Hampden for both your finals this season. Your first finals at the national stadium in 17 years no less.

Equally tinpot is not lifting a trophy there for nearly a quarter of a century and only getting 10,000 fans at home in your best period for a generation.

Tinpot is failing to sell half of Hampden for both your finals this season. Your first finals at the national stadium in 17 years no less.
Equally tinpot is not lifting a trophy there for nearly a quarter of a century and only getting 10,000 fans at home in your best period for a generation.

71dce5f7750616068b95b7cef441a6c5.jpg
Tinpot LOL!!

I won't lie, there were spells yesterday when I thought the Dons could take this.
Then the McLean miss confirmed in my head that it was our day.
Tactically, I think McInnes will be kicking himself that he took McGinn off, it just invited us on to them.
A great historical day, and a throughly enjoyable season.

On 10/16/2016 at 11:15, Elixir said:

Aberdeen won't finish ahead of Hearts this season - we'll both pick up a similar number of points against the dross, but we'll take 7-9 points off you in our three remaining meetings. McInnes simply can't deal with the Gorgie and we have you figured right out.

heh.png

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This Celtic team is not as good as the Lisbon Lions. But the LL never went undefeated for a season. Not sure what that proves! :lol:

It proves that we once had a huge advantage as a nation by being such early adopters of the game and that we once had a much more egalitarian domestic game.

54 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That's not tinpot, that's just being shit. The same team gave your side a very good game.

Practically the whole top tier of the south stand was Sellick fans and there were a few rows empty at the bottom of the west as well.

So, less than a 50-50 split.

They didn't. Certainly in terms of the big deal that is always made of having a 50-50 split in matches like this one.

Selling a cup final allocation is something hearts won't have to do in the foreseeable  future

Guest Bob Mahelp

A lot of pish and w@nk being spoken on this thread, mostly by supporters of diddy clubs who were desperate for Aberdeen to get thrashed yesterday and who are annoyed that The Dons came a baw hair away from winning having contributed to a fantastic game.

A brief look at hibs.net and Jambos Fartback shows plenty of utter wallopers celebrating Celtic's win. 

Aberdeen sold all the tickets they were given. Fact. End of. Let that be that. 

I'm gutted today but proud. Keep McInnes, get a couple of strong experienced signings him give Scott Wright a run out and we'll be back there in a years time with Shinniesta holding the cup above his head.

2 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I for one am very interested in Elixir's definition of what is and isn't tinpot. Is losing your trophy winning manager to MK Dons tinpot or not?

What trophy did he win as manager? The pub league is an irrelevance.

He wasn't wanted and no attempts were made to keep him.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Paolo is a charity bet avoiding shitebag who claims to not care about his team so as he can avoid how shite they are. Wouldn't take too much note of what he says.

Still have no idea who you are, man. Sorry.

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A lot of pish and w@nk being spoken on this thread, mostly by supporters of diddy clubs who were desperate for Aberdeen to get thrashed yesterday and who are annoyed that The Dons came a baw hair away from winning having contributed to a fantastic game.

A brief look at hibs.net and Jambos Fartback shows plenty of utter wallopers celebrating Celtic's win. 

Aberdeen sold all the tickets they were given. Fact. End of. Let that be that. 

I'm gutted today but proud. Keep McInnes, get a couple of strong experienced signings him give Scott Wright a run out and we'll be back there in a years time with Shinniesta holding the cup above his head.

Except no you didn't, and no you won't. Unlucky.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree with all of that mate when it comes to who will win the league and who should win cups etc but you do have to admit what Celtic have done this season is pretty impressive.

Despite talent to achieve that consistency to not only be unbeaten but only drop points 4 times in the league and actually to never really looking like being beaten all season is some achievement.

Nope, sorry.  I don't have to admit that and I've no plans to do so.

During the years since Rangers' liquidation, Celtic have enjoyed stupendous advantages over everyone else.  Their failure until now to win trebles has been evidence of phenomenal underachievement.  The fact that they've not come close to losing, simply proves how grotesque the weekly mismatches are.

I don't see finally punching at their weight as unduly impressive.

During the years since Rangers' liquidation, Celtic have enjoyed stupendous advantages over everyone else.  Their failure until now to win trebles has been evidence of phenomenal underachievement.  The fact that they've not come close to losing, simply proves how grotesque the weekly mismatches are.

This is pretty much bullshit. They've not won trebles because they're fucking difficult to do. I don't think that drawing 4 and losing none over a 40+ match domestic campaign is anyone's "weight" given the amount of variables that go into each football match. Shitfesting their way to league titles like they did under Deila/Lennon wasn't an achievement given the gulf in finances. This season obviously is. They've won, and they've won pretty much flawlessly. Only the bitterest of diddy fan could argue that's not been a great achievement.

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Honestly, what a load of shite.

Archived