Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The biggest issue I have with Stockley is that his first name is Jayden.

Jayden.... FFS

Bigger issue than the swinging elbow?

One of the rather obvious priorities you appear to lack.

Just now, CityDave said:

Bigger issue than the swinging elbow?

One of the rather obvious priorities you appear to lack I read.

I think it all comes back to that stupid name.

If mops and pops gave him a better name, maybe his elbows wouldn't be so angry

I'm more pissed off with him potentially taking Scotland's best player out of the England game. If that was Scott Brown, dons fans would be crucifying him. Hypocritical arseholes.

If that was Scott Brown nearly everybody would be crucifying him to be fair.

1 minute ago, Booker-T said:

I think it all comes back to that stupid name.

If mops and pops gave him a better name, maybe his elbows wouldn't be so angry

Its not difficult for Celtic fans to relate to that.......having a giant chip on their shoulder if this is the case. If not maybe he just likes decking Celtic players as much as Scott Brown likes to put the boot/elbow into any opposition player if he isn't controlling his territory.

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

Its not difficult for Celtic fans to relate to that.......having a giant chip on their shoulder if this is the case. If not maybe he just likes decking Celtic players as much as Scott Brown likes to put the boot/elbow into any opposition player if he isn't controlling his territory.

i actually thought it was accidental until i watched the highlights again there.... man that boy should be a MMA fighter

KT will live though and he still got a winners medal.... think officials will be paying a wee bit more attention to Fighting Jayden Conner Stockley next season though

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was 20,000 Aberdeen fans yesterday.

There was 38,000 fans in total at the Final you're on about.

Ross County were giving 7,000 tickets.

Struggling to see how 30,000 is twice as much as 20,000, and neither compares to the 40,000 Aberdeen took to their League Cup victory.

There was never 7,000 county fans nor was there only 30,000 Hibees.  

We did sell out what we were given.

Given the numerous rows of empty seats at the very front of the West Stand, behind the goals for all to see throughout the game, I seriously doubt that.

In their slight defense though, the view from those seats is absolutely abysmal and travelling to Glasgow for a view of half a pitch vs seeing the whole thing in the pub with mates could be a tough call. I'd personally go if I was a big Dons fan, more for the occasion than anything else, but can understand why others wouldn't.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fwiw I have no problem with Stockley, even if he did or didn't mean it, all part of the game for me. I like players like that.

Too right.  But when other supporters  bitch and greet about Scott Brown it's a bit hypocritical. 

9 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

i actually thought it was accidental until i watched the highlights again there.... man that boy should be a MMA fighter

KT will live though and he still got a winners medal.... think officials will be paying a wee bit more attention to Fighting Jayden Conner Stockley next season though

I was listening to the commentary from Liam MacLeod on the BBC and he was listing off all the various elbow incidents and red cards Fighting Stockley has had in his career. Liam was quite outraged by the blow to Tierney. Someone said Liam 'This is why Celtic are Champions' MacLeod is an Aberdeen fan? Not sure if this is similar to Charles 'Chick' Young being a St. Mirren fan?

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Given the numerous empty seats at the very front behind the goals for all to see throughout the game, I very much doubt that.

In their slight defense though, the view from those seats are absolutely abysmal and travelling to Glasgow for a view of half a pitch vs seeing the whole thing in the pub with mates could be a tough call. I'd personally go if I was a big Dons fan, but can understand why others wouldn't.

I would sit anywhere if it was a chance to see my team win the Scottish cup.  To have empty seats and then portray to have the third biggest support in the country is laughable.

I would sit anywhere if it was a chance to see my team win the Scottish cup.  To have empty seats and then portray to have the third biggest support in the country is laughable.

I'd say travel logistics have to be considered here. If Aberdeen was 30 miles from Glasgow like other sides have the novelty of, then it would have filled up absolutely no bother imo. Just because fans are lazy or have a different opinion to both of us doesn't mean they don't exist.

Crowd **** over.

1 minute ago, Bambino7 said:

Too right.  But when other supporters  bitch and greet about Scott Brown it's a bit hypocritical. 

Its the same both ways, not different for one. Football fans live in the moment very often and when Scott Brown uses his elbows against a Hibs player next season and gets away with it and then 60 seconds later one of your players launches into a revenge studs up tackle on Scott Brown and gets a straight red you will learn.

Do hurry up and climax this crowd w**k.

Archived