Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-4-26 at 12:12, Karl Fletcher said:

Pleasing to hear Dembele is injured and will miss the Final. 

Now we just need Sinclair, Roberts, Rogic, McGregor and Armstrong to get crocked over the next few weeks and we're in business :D

That's Roberts now a doubt :)

Hopefully sellick are on some sort of decimation path at the moment.

Dembele

Roberts

Sinclair

Rogic

McGregor

Armstrong

On 5/2/2017 at 09:47, Karl Fletcher said:

No ticket details for this yet? 

Aberdeen to get the same number as Celtic. 

Celtic supporters who don't qualify for a ticket to fume.

Not me though as even though I won't qualify I'm getting two of yon Hampden debenture bad boys off a guy I got Champions League tickets for 8)

Hearing that AFC's allocation will be offered on a 2 per season ticket basis before the public sale.

May avoid some of the hassle encountered at the LC final when groups of folk couldn't get seats together due to the fragmented timing of the sales.

Anyone know if you need a ticket for a 13 month year old?  My older sister is keen to taken her wee boy but we're not sure if we'd to get him an actual ticket or if he can just sit on someones lap.  Failing that we have folk near Glasgow who'd do a spot of babysitting for us.

Hearing that AFC's allocation will be offered on a 2 per season ticket basis before the public sale.
May avoid some of the hassle encountered at the LC final when groups of folk couldn't get seats together due to the fragmented timing of the sales.

I hope that isn't the case, prefer the loyalty points route. I don't have a season ticket but I've amassed a decent amount of loyalty points. Seems to make a mockery of the whole system if it isn't utilised for cup finals.

That would be a strange move. The points system has been in operation for a few seasons now and makes sense IMO. To be fair to the club, they published all details about it on their website well before they actually had to use it to any great extent. As for the concept of someone not going to a cup final just because he couldn't get a seat next to his pals, I find that a bit bizarre.

Disclaimer - I'd actually probably benefit from a "two tickets per season ticket" rule as both my old man and my best pal have seasons. But I think the "one ticket per account" rule is more equitable.

12,000 tickets, over 20% going to corporate and sponsors etc, nothing short of disgraceful from the SFA, the fact that most/all will end up going to Aberdeen and Celtic fans is neither here nor there, genuine fans again missing out to those with contacts and/or large amounts of dough to shell out.

William Hill Scottish Cup Final
Celtic v Aberdeen
Saturday, 27 May 2017 
Hampden Park | Kick-off 3pm

Following consultation with Celtic and Aberdeen, we are pleased to announce a competitive ticket pricing policy for the William Hill Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park.

Tickets start at just £30 for adults and £15 for concessions* in the East and West Stands, with premium seats in the North and South Stands priced at £35 for adults and £20 for concessions.

Following discussions with both clubs the stadium will be split 50/50 on match day, ensuring an Unrivalled atmosphere for this season’s showpiece fixture.

Details of when supporters can purchase their tickets will be announced by Celtic and Aberdeen soon.

Tickets will be sold by the participating clubs directly.

Ticket Pricing

North and William Hill Stands

£35 Adult / £20 Concession

Accessible £18 Adult / £10 Concession

East and West Stands

£30 Adult / £15 Concession

Accessible £15 Adult / £8 Concession

*Concession prices applies to supporters aged under 16 and 65 years and over.

Not a fan of the two tickets per account rule. Means folk who know the right people will get preference over folk with 20 loyalty points which seems a bit backwards. Should have just repeated the League Cup system imo.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Not a fan of the two tickets per account rule. Means folk who know the right people will get preference over folk with 20 loyalty points which seems a bit backwards. Should have just repeated the League Cup system imo.

I think the fact that were a few hundred empty seats at the LC final is the reason they have changed it.

Hard to get a perfect system, but there were a few moans and groans that folk couldn't get next to people they wanted to due to the staggered timing of the sale - so some ended up just not bothering.

My fellow ST-holder mate and I's other halves (who seldom go to games) have decided they want to come to this and make a weekend of it - instead of waiting for the public sale, we can now get decent seats and they will both go.

Given we did not completely sell out the LC final - I no longer feel like they are denying a more regular fan a seat, thus my conscience is clear.

Still quite a few folk I've spoke to that regularly go to Pittodrie are not bothering with this final.  I think the fact we're playing Celtic probably puts off the types that would go to a final against other sides (hence the perfect storm of playing Inverness at Parkheid in 2014 and having almost 50,000 people wanting tickets !).

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

My fellow ST-holder mate and I's other halves (who seldom go to games) have decided they want to come to this and make a weekend of it - instead of waiting for the public sale, we can now get decent seats and they will both go.

So your partners who you freely admit 'seldom go' to games are going to this for a wee day out.

Fucking hell !

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Good news everyone.

Paddy O'Roberts has decided to play in the Scottish Cup final.

Excellent. You can't use that as an excuse when we burst your treble dream.

Archived