Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a horrible sub and a scared one. Anyone with a problem with it getting pointed out should take their grievances to McInnes.

Totally agree. Bringing on a central defender for McGinn was absolute madness and it was a change that was destined to get the punishment treatment. From that moment on they had no out ball and in all honesty it could have been 3 or 4-1 in last 15 minutes.

McGinn wasn't having his best game but surely young Scott Wright would have been the sensible change given the form he was in. Aberdeen played great for 60 mins but Manager reverted to type when it really came down to the wire. Suspect Celtic would have won in any event but that was a terrible managerial blunder and effectively said to Celtic - "go fill your boots".

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

No am no

Second bit emoji23.png

If Aberdeen kept going at it the way they were then lost that wouldn't be bottling it. But they made that change through fear and it bit them on the arse.

The season is irrelevant

I like that last line. :)

However the season is made up of individual games combining to make a points total. This total over 38 games shows in graphic detail how far ahead this Celtic team is ahead of any opposition. Aberdeen did very well and maybe should have taken their chances, but how many times do we say that when other teams play Celtic and then get punished, this is the difference between a team winning the league by 30 points and finishing unbeaten and the rest of the competition. The competition can't compete at this level set by Celtic even over 90 minutes +. Celtic have to have a rare off day for the competition to stand a chance, however a Celtic off day is only just bad enough for other teams to steal a draw or just lose narrowly.

56 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

at 25 past 5 when we won the cup I was still on the pitch carrying Kenny Miller's dead corpse above my head back to my seat to prepare to hold him aloft whilst singing the best and most glorious football song in Scotland in sunshine on Leith, so this is quite tame in comparasion.

What was the point of the comma after "Leith"?

Aberdeen dominated 2nd place in every competition is a comparatively better achievement given the challenge for 2nd from other teams compared to the one horse race for the treble from Celtic.

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

Aberdeen dominated 2nd place in every competition is a comparatively better achievement given the challenge for 2nd from other teams compared to the one horse race for the treble from Celtic.

:lol:

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Hahahahaha

The Premiership.....you have no idea.... the hell.....the horror.

Its a monster this Celtic, you will know, you will fear, your team will be humped for fun 6-0

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

"dominated 2nd place"

Yeah indeed, rather Aberdeen than Sevco agreed?

Never mind season over, sort of looking forward to the great leap forward from Celtic in Europe next season, no defeats on route to the group stages and making it to the knock outs. Now there I would give that to Celtic as an achievement and give some respect.

Enjoy your treble. :thumsup2

Can't argue with a domestic season unbeaten.

No ones ever seen it before, and no one will ever see it again.

Congratulations etc.

Haha lovely!

Feel a bit sorry for the Dons fans today, absolutely superb for about 70 mins but just ran out of steam in the end.

Delighted we nicked it, I will never see another season like this. Time to get on the vodka, make it a treble barman [emoji14]

6 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Haha lovely!

Feel a bit sorry for the Dons fans today, absolutely superb for about 70 mins but just ran out of steam in the end.

Delighted we nicked it, I will never see another season like this. Time to get on the vodka, make it a treble barman emoji14.png

I would be surprised if it doesn't happen again next year tbh. Martin O' Neill's treble was more impressive by a long shot. Still you can only beat whats in front of you. 

Otherwise well done to the Dons, you gave it a real go - no shame at all.  

1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

Haha lovely!

Delighted we nicked it, I will never see another season like this. Time to get on the vodka, make it a treble barman emoji14.png

Yeah they were burst at the end regardless of any substitution, the longer that went on you could see Celtic nicking one.

Ever tried these two beverages?

5BRTg24gTO8dmKynBZe5_new2.jpg

Creme de Menthe, Irish Cream and Brandy, secret to getting the layers pour as slowly as you can.

Green beer?? seen it at a Pogues gig back in the 80's.

FWX GREEN BEER

Archived