Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am promoting a magic show I will be doing on saturday 27th May...Show starts at 15.00hrs and for my first trick I will be turning 1000's of Sevconians into Aberdeen fans.

Got to laugh though at how much Sevco hate Aberdeen but for sure there will be many blues turning to red that afternoon :lol:

I am promoting a magic show I will be doing on saturday 27th May...Show starts at 15.00hrs and for my first trick I will be turning 1000's of Sevconians into Aberdeen fans.

Got to laugh though at how much Sevco hate Aberdeen but for sure there will be many blues turning to red that afternoon :lol:

I like a dig at Rangers supporters as much as the next right minded loon but slagging them off for wanting their rivals to lose a cup match? I would wager supporters of almost every team would want their rivals to lose any cup finals they are in.

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I like a dig at Rangers supporters as much as the next right minded loon but slagging them off for wanting their rivals to lose a cup match? I would wager supporters of almost every team would want their rivals to lose any cup finals they are in.

Who is slagging them off?...I'm stating the obvious.

38 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I remember cheering like f**k when Hearts beat them in the 1998 cup final and I loathe the semi skimmed **** almost as much as the full fat version from Govan.

Wanting the team you detest more than any to lose, cup final or not is standard for any football fan.

I think it was a joke. A bit like St Johnstone's chances on Saturday.

We've got history on our side though, you've not beat us in the final fixture between the sides for four years.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've got history on our side though, you've not beat us in the final fixture between the sides for four years.

That's a good point, but now is as good a time to change history as any.

Should be a cracking final with the two best teams in Scotland slugging it out for the honour of being Champions of the Scottish Cup.

Probably a cagey start for both teams before they get tore into each other. I'm not even going to predict the winner here, too close to call imo as with most cup finals, form goes out the windae.

One thing is for sure?, Scott Brown to be involved with something that will send posters into a seething mess, either sent off or not getting sent off. :lol:

McInnes has got his work cut out here to say the least.

If he decides that St Johnstone anti-football tactics are order of the day and we lose - we'll get massive "didn't turn up" style criticism like the League Cup final.   Also we're not really very good at those tactics - far too many 'footballers' in the team.

We could 'have a go' like most fans want to do - but then end up getting ripped apart like a knife through butter, especially if the central defence isn't protected like the latter parts of some recent matches - and the fact our 'footballers' are not as good as Celtic's 'footballers'.

It's a bit of a dilemma that may only be solved with injuries to Sinclair, Brown, Armstrong, Simunovic and Griffiths.

Our Scottish Cup record is remarkably decent against Celtic though - with the 1970 cup win against a side that reached a European final hopefully some kind of inspiration for the current lot.

Sadly still won't be completely surprised if we're 3-0 down at half-time.

McInnes has got his work cut out here to say the least.

If he decides that St Johnstone anti-football tactics are order of the day and we lose - we'll get massive "didn't turn up" style criticism like the League Cup final.   Also we're not really very good at those tactics - far too many 'footballers' in the team.

Ooofttt you're not bitter at all about us. Here's the thing if you had a competent manager who knew how to play big games and adapt a team to suit the opposition you may have a shout. As it is, he'll continue to be bested and out thought my all the Northern Irish managers in the league and Aberdeen will continue to bottle big games.

Ooofttt you're not bitter at all about us. Here's the thing if you had a competent manager who knew how to play big games and adapt a team to suit the opposition you may have a shout. As it is, he'll continue to be bested and out thought my all the Northern Irish managers in the league and Aberdeen will continue to bottle big games.

You've beaten us once this season in five attempts with one goal from open play.

Saints fans get so seething when everyone refers to the style of play that has served them so well. They're probably equally seething when smaller teams play them at their own game and consistently win at McDiarmid.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Widge said:

Bizarre post.

Since winning the cup in a season where you didn't have to play a decent team outside Aberdeen, Saints have been knocked out of the Scottish in the early rounds by QoS, Killie and Partick Thistle.

Your League cup record isn't all that much better, which suggests to me that one rather lucky cup win aside, Saints are a team of bottlers when it comes to big games. 

And ask any Aberdeen fan which fixture we groan at inwardly when looking at the season's fixtures in July. It's always the game against Saints....not because you beat us all that much, simply because St Johnstone deliberately set out to turn the game into an anti-football borefest.

No wonder nobody watches your team play. 

Bizarre post.
Since winning the cup in a season where you didn't have to play a decent team outside Aberdeen, Saints have been knocked out of the Scottish in the early rounds by QoS, Killie and Partick Thistle.
Your League cup record isn't all that much better, which suggests to me that one rather lucky cup win aside, Saints are a team of bottlers when it comes to big games. 
And ask any Aberdeen fan which fixture we groan at inwardly when looking at the season's fixtures in July. It's always the game against Saints....not because you beat us all that much, simply because St Johnstone deliberately set out to turn the game into an anti-football borefest.
No wonder nobody watches your team play. 

Shhh, don't accuse them of playing anti-football, they'll never stop posting about it. They are the only team who get offended when you talk about their biggest strength.

Archived