Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I could have sworn Bett and Gillhaus were still Aberdeen players that season.

A quick wikipedia check reveals Bett left Aberdeen in 1994 and Gillhaus the end of 1993 but neither played in that seasons Scottish Cup final, both were superb players, Bett always looked like a player with a point to prove whenever he played v Rangers as they released him earlier in his career and regularly made them suffer.

Gillhaus was one of the first and best foreigners to come to Scotland in the late 1980's and was a magnificent player, seem to recall him grabbing a hat trick, including an overhead kick on his debut at Dunfermline.

Made his debut v Dunfermline @ East End Park.

Don't think he scored three but he definitely scored a couple in an Aberdeen win

Don't think he scored three but he definitely scored a couple in an Aberdeen win

I thought he did only because I remember reading after the Hartley hat-trick that he was the last player to score 3 on his debut for the dons.

5 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I thought he did only because I remember reading after the Hartley hat-trick that he was the last player to score 3 on his debut for the dons.

Scored not too bad a goal in his second game as well against The Zombies

Just out of curiousity (okay, im a nosey b*****d) what was the ticketing cock up alluded to by Dons on here that was, according to them to blame for them not selling the entire allocation for the LC final in November?

Remember seeing a few pockets of empty seats that day, only about a thousand or so id estimate but a bit of a surprise all the same.

55 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Just out of curiousity (okay, im a nosey b*****d) what was the ticketing cock up alluded to by Dons on here that was, according to them to blame for them not selling the entire allocation for the LC final in November?

Remember seeing a few pockets of empty seats that day, only about a thousand or so id estimate but a bit of a surprise all the same.

They have loyalty points and not everyone have accounts linked with mates etc. meaning when you could only buy 1 per person some people struggled to get tickets together and there was a few toys out the pram. Boring b*****ds who love to moan essentially. Cutting their nose off to spite their face (or not as the case may be given how the game went) and didn't go. 

Tbf that was the one aspect that irritated me. I've got more loyalty points than my dad, but I would obviously like to sit with my dad at the game so either I wait and get my ticket late, risking potentially missing out or missing out on better seats, or I sit alone.

Ultimately though the loyalty points system makes most sense. The only alternative I could think of would be a coupon thing.

We never have a problem getting seats together for games away from CP, even the likes of Tynecastle, Pittodrie and Ibrox etc but I go on a supporters bus and we get our tickets from the block allocation Celtic give to the affilliation of CSC's so ours are always bunched together, appreciate it is more difficult to do so when it comes to individuals buying tickets but sounds like Aberdeen made a total arse of it last time regardless.

Bound to be some way of at least making it possible for most guys to try and gets seats together surely?

Can Christie play in the final?

What a couple of years in the SC he's had; wins in in 2015, sits in the same pub as me for last years final, looking thoroughly #pleased at the result, and potentially winning it again next month.

Can Christie play in the final?
What a couple of years in the SC he's had; wins in in 2015, sits in the same pub as me for last years final, looking thoroughly #pleased at the result, and potentially winning it again next month.

Sounds like last year was the highlight.

No he can't though.

21 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Scored 2 against Dunfermline a header and a overhead kick the following game he scored a belter against rangers 

Celtic fans love their history so they should know that is is fifty years since we lost a Scottish Cup Final to them, and have beaten them in the last three between us.

Unbeaten treble season my arse. :lol:

Celtic could let him play - a bit like City did with Roberts in the CL.

Rules are different in Europe. There's no way Christie can play in this match.

Archived