Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The day before the final anticipation is in full swing, really buzzing to see how the city is getting behind the team in a way it didn't in November. Even my normal pessimistic self has disappeared, goodness knows where or why. In November, I was very flat and pessimistic, this time, I don't know why but got a better feeling.

Team wise, the big debate is simply put Gashton or Union to start. In the end, I have plumped for Jack on the basis of Taylor losing two goals in the last two games against Celtic due to basic lack of concentration - we cannot afford that tomorrow. So team: Lewis; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Rooney.

Performance wise, looking for a massive effort from Rooney, Hayes, McLean, Shinnie and Jack tomorrow, really need to work their socks off if we are to get anything out this game. Concentration is key defensively. Style of play wise, we need to be direct without being hoofball like, ball has to move as swiftly forward as it did at Ibrox.

And simply put, we need our big players to actually turn up tomorrow: McGinn, McLean, Jack & Hayes have all struggled against Celtic this season. Need them to produce otherwise it will be a long afternoon. That and Celtic to turn up with the same complacency as displayed on the Kerrydale Street forum, where we are essentially just cannon fodder for them.

Fancy it to end 2-1 to the Famous, Shinnie and Rooney, Griffiths for Celtic.

I was just having a read at the match thread on KDS and its ridiculous. About 90% of them think we've won this already and Aberdeen are as well as not showing up. 

I'm a fecking nervous wreck and theres still more than 24 hours to go.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help thinking that if they plan on having both extensive searches and a minute's silence that would be a mistake. There'll be hundreds of people turning up late and not knowing what is going on. 

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How could you possibly not know what is going on?

What a strange question - because people walk into a stadium singing and talking loudly and might not notice that a whistle was blown half a minute ago. 

Just now, The OP said:

What a strange question - because people walk into a stadium singing and talking loudly and might not notice that a whistle was blown half a minute ago. 

I mean, if you don't know that there will be heightened security tomorrow and there will be a minutes silence then you've been living in a cave.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I mean, if you don't know that there will be heightened security tomorrow and there will be a minutes silence then you've been living in a cave.

Doesn't stop people trying to get the last pint in and there are very few pubs near Hampden (particularly the Celtic end) so you're at the mercy of the train times and the search times. 

Just think it's a recipe for a disruption or a farce like the EL final and has little to do with football supporters attending the Scottish Cup final, apart from maybe a couple of Celtic supporters from Barra. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Doesn't stop people trying to get the last pint in and there are very few pubs near Hampden (particularly the Celtic end) so you're at the mercy of the train times and the search times. 

Just think it's a recipe for a disruption or a farce like the EL final and has little to do with football supporters attending the Scottish Cup final, apart from maybe a couple of Celtic supporters from Barra. 

A minutes applause would be much more sensible. 

However, this does smack just a little bit of a pre-apology for the standard Celtic behaviour during silences. I think your support should be capable of shutting up for 60 seconds, not much to ask.

there are very few pubs near Hampden (particularly the Celtic end)

Aye it's like the strip in San Antonio at the other end, you poor, poor victims you. Is there anything, anything at all that you think isn't out to get you because...... Celtic?

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Aye it's like the strip in San Antonio at the other end, you poor, poor victims you. Is there anything, anything at all that you think isn't out to get you because...... Celtic?

Bit of a dick comment tbh mate, seems like you just wanna pick a fight now. I acknowledged there are very few pubs near Hampden. Although if we're being petty I know a Shawlands dweller who hates your mob because you lost the Church on the Hill its outside drinking licence so there is at least one decent one near Mount Florida. 

(Rejected responses to the previous post include - 1. You all managed a 90 minute silence at the League Cup Final *applause* and 2. Will the Aberdeen supporters still be able to bring in their sweetie wrappers with the heightened security measures?)

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Bit of a dick comment tbh mate, seems like you just wanna pick a fight now. I acknowledged there are very few pubs near Hampden. Although if we're being petty I know a Shawlands dweller who hates your mob because you lost the Church on the Hill its outside drinking licence so there is at least one decent one near Mount Florida. 

(Rejected responses to the previous post include - 1. You all managed a 90 minute silence at the League Cup Final *applause* and 2. Will the Aberdeen supporters still be able to bring in their sweetie wrappers with the heightened security measures?)

Well i'd take that on board and give it all the due consideration it deserves if there wasn't something as horrendous as a "celtic end" at our neutral national stadium. You're moaning about a situation your club caused.

And I don't think we really want to be getting into a fan behaviour debate here now do we

Listen, enjoy your day tomorrow, up until 3pm then I hope it's a fucking tear-filled nightmare.

25 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well i'd take that on board and give it all the due consideration it deserves if there wasn't something as horrendous as a "celtic end" at our neutral national stadium. You're moaning about a situation your club caused.

And I don't think we really want to be getting into a fan behaviour debate here now do we

Listen, enjoy your day tomorrow, up until 3pm then I hope it's a fucking tear-filled nightmare.

You're still being a dick tbh. 

2 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I was just having a read at the match thread on KDS and its ridiculous. About 90% of them think we've won this already and Aberdeen are as well as not showing up. 

I'm a fecking nervous wreck and theres still more than 24 hours to go.

Overconfidence from Celtic combined with every Aberdeen player having the game of their lives is the best chance of us lifting the Cup. 

That and/or some mad refereeing decisions. 

Anyway, Joy of the Day to you sir. I hope it ends in disappointment for you.

I'm off to the Weeg to behave like the insufferable c**t that i am.

COME ON YOU REDS!  

Out of work and pumped up for the weekend. The Wedding Present tonight, final tomorrow, payday...doesn't get much better than this 8)

Hope the weather forecast is wrong tomorrow and it's still glorious weather. 

Out of work and pumped up for the weekend. The Wedding Present tonight, final tomorrow, payday...doesn't get much better than this 8)
Hope the weather forecast is wrong tomorrow and it's still glorious weather. 

You b*****d.

Absolutely gutted to be missing this, if you told me a year ago I'd be missing a wedding present gig in Glasgow I'd have spat in your face. Enjoy.

Mon the hoops.

Archived