Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

It originated from the hibs fans not long after the train incident.

There was a midweek game against hibs which the hibees started the chant. We then scored two quick fire goals to go 2 up and the chant was reciprocated. I think it's been a regular fixture ever since.

The game finished 2-2 though I think [emoji1]

I remember that game, was their not quite a big Aberdeen support down? Seem to remember you lot having half of the stand that night.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I remember that game, was their not quite a big Aberdeen support down? Seem to remember you lot having half of the stand that night.

they did. I'm sure we were flying at the time too. Benji got a goal that night to equalise I think. was the start of our horrendous end to the season

they did. I'm sure we were flying at the time too. Benji got a goal that night to equalise I think. was the start of our horrendous end to the season

Aye we seemed to draw with Aberdeen quite a lot at ER, or it seems that way anyway. I'm sure we drew with them when Fraser Fyvie broke his ankle.

All-conquering Celtic going for the treble. Step forward Aberdeen. We've been here before lads. We'll go there again. 

As an aside, over 108,000 at that match, fucking unbelievable. There really must have been nothing else to do in the past. 

All-conquering Celtic going for the treble. Step forward Aberdeen. We've been here before lads. We'll go there again. 
As an aside, over 108,000 at that match, fucking unbelievable. There really must have been nothing else to do in the past. 

108,000. Not a lunchtime kick off then.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Shinnie will captain the side on Sunday

Good.

Hopefully that means Jack won't start. He's been Brown's bitch for the last 3 years anyway.

Interesting stat in the last 21 meetings between Celtic and Aberdeen there has been no draws
Celtic have won 17 with Aberdeen winning 4 
plus the 4 games that Aberdeen have won the result has been the same 2-1

Was the last draw the 4-4 at pittodrie?

Armed police to be deployed to Hampden this weekend 

Imagine some Celtic fans will be nervous if terrorist sympathisers are to be shot on sight 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was the last draw the 4-4 at pittodrie?

1-1 in March 2012 at Pittodrie, I believe. Rae cancelled out Stokes' opener on the stroke of half-time. 

24 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

When did we last not concede against Celtic? Was it the Mackie 1-0 cup replay at Parkred prior to the Queen of the South debacle?

It was, yes. The last time we didn't concede against Celtic in a league fixture was in December 2001: Winters and Mackie scoring in a 2-0 win at Pittodrie. 

17 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aye we seemed to draw with Aberdeen quite a lot at ER, or it seems that way anyway. I'm sure we drew with them when Fraser Fyvie broke his ankle.

No, that was the Halloween game that the guy was set on fire after. Finished 2-0 Hibs.

Archived