The Friendship Derby: Clyde vs Berwick

Awful from Clyde.

Berwick found acres of room in midfield and on either wing. The fact they didn't win shows how poor they are too.

Scott Mclaughlin getting man of the match was the biggest joke of the day. An imposter of a captain.

Montrose will easily win next week if we line up and play the same. Will be reliant on Elgin or Edinburgh doing us a favour to stay up.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how people can watch that every week. Poor with no width and a midfield that cannot control the game nor get beyond their strikers. I would like to thank Peter McDonald and David Goodwillie for doing their best to keep us up. 

As as for the rest, including the decision makers.....wow 

Should probably have enough to win a play off but wouldn't want to rely on it.

Awful from Clyde.

Scott Mclaughlin getting man of the match was the biggest joke of the day.

To be honest, jogging around midfield and contributing the square root of f*** all are skills that are underrated in today's Scottish football.

Where do you start with that shit show?

McNiffs limitations as a left back have been discussed all season (just about ok on a flat back 4) but having him play as a left wing back and expect him to give us attacking width on the left is laughable. On the other side we have Forrest fucking gump who can ran fast but f**k all else.

Anyone that thinks smith is worth keeping must be joking, total liability and moves like he is towing a caravan.

Central midfield was abysmal, most notably McLaughlan. Anyone watching that game and picking him as motm must have been on the drink. Higgins is shite and immobile but at least put a few tackles in when play was close enough. McLaughlan posted missing or shitting out of it all game. Worst Clyde captain ever potentially. McGovern can pick a pass but with Higgins and captain courageous around him was fighting a losing battle.

Can someone please tell Gormley to stay on his fucking feet as well. The amount of times that c**t falls over is embarrassing.

Berwick were utter shit yet we hardly troubled them and apart from a gift of a penalty never looked like scoring.

We had it in our own hands to win today and be safe. Instead the Forfar result has left us in the shit. We need to match or better the results of Berwick and Cowdenbeath next week. Unfortunately I suspect Montrose will skelp us and leave us hoping cowden lose too.

What a shambolic display. Berwick wanted it more, especially in the second half. They offered little in the first half (neither did we) but it was almost as if they realised at half time that Clyde were piss poor and thought 'we could win here'. And they almost did with that header near the end. Offered much more than us in the second half. Completely overran us in midfield. 

Overall though it was a shockingly bad game of football between two aweful football teams. Was there a prize btw for the player who could hoof the ball high enough ? surprised the thing didn't come back down a few times with snow on it. 

Think it's between us and Cowdenbeath now. We can only hope Elgin take something from Beath cause we'll get nothing at Montrose. 

Dire. A point a piece fair but Berwick could easily have won with the late header off the post. 

At half-time we looked well set but I think everyone in the stadium knew that McLaughlin and Higgins would disappear and stop closing down which they'd done reasonably well in the first half. We've seen it all before. McGovern, who is swamped by having those two either side of him, needs to also trust his back three (difficult I know) and stay higher up the pitch. Another goal conceded from a set piece, this time from a floaty delivery that should be defended. Plenty of big guys in the team today but apart from Waddell, none of them are that great in the air. Might've even been his man though as he was picking him up earlier in the game.

McKenzie did okay when he came on. Showed up what we've lacked with Johnston/McNiff out there contributing nothing in the opposition half.

Next week will be fun. At least Elgin still have something to play for. 

13 minutes ago, David W said:

Dire. A point a piece fair but Berwick could easily have won with the late header off the post. 

At half-time we looked well set but I think everyone in the stadium knew that McLaughlin and Higgins would disappear and stop closing down which they'd done reasonably well in the first half. We've seen it all before. McGovern, who is swamped by having those two either side of him, needs to also trust his back three (difficult I know) and stay higher up the pitch. Another goal conceded from a set piece, this time from a floaty delivery that should be defended. Plenty of big guys in the team today but apart from Waddell, none of them are that great in the air. Might've even been his man though as he was picking him up earlier in the game.

McKenzie did okay when he came on. Showed up what we've lacked with Johnston/McNiff out there contributing nothing in the opposition half.

Next week will be fun. At least Elgin still have something to play for. 

Thought McKenzie made a difference when he came on to be honest and did more in his short time in the game than most did for the majority of it. We had a wee spell after he came on when we managed to get forward and, while we didn't create much, it took a bit of the pressure off. He at least has a wee bit of composure on the ball and managed to make one or two decent passes and open the play up a bit. And he looked like he actually gave a toss which is telling on some others considering he's not been long with us. 

Slowest midfield flanked by two efforts o players always up against it and if Goodwille aint up top we aint gettin that pen...

Scunnered. Sickened and here we go again. Lets hope cowden dont win next week as weve said for last 2months as oppose to just winning OUR games and forgettin about rest..

Mckenzie and Lochead from start next week and lets see but overall we probably dont deserve it..

Got to admit, I was embarrassed to announce that and in hindsight I should've waited until full time as the reaction was no good whilst the game was happening...

To be fair to the sponsors it was difficult to pick a Clyde man of the match.

We showed little composure at the back and every time the ball broke to us we booted it up the field. When we did have a bit of time at the back nobody was willing to drive forward with the ball instead we passed it around the back before giving it back to the keeper to boot up field.

Midfield complete non-existent and the amount of time and space Berwick had in there was a joke. Lochhead must be wondering what he to do to get a game. McKenzie would be a better option at left wing back with McNiff moving into the back three.

Up front Gormley and Goodwillie were posted missing. Gormley had a poor game and should have been subbed long before he was. One of the problems of having two player managers. It's clear one of them always wants to be on the touch line. Goodwillie was poor as well. The ball was constantly launched long to him or Gormley but it barely stuck up top. Scullion dealt with both of them comfortably.

37 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Well, a draw's a draw (and I was bricking it after the 1-0) but the real disappointment today is Forfar. Way to job it and ruin what would have been the best possible end to the season for both Clyde and Berwick.

Sorry to spoil your lovefest at Broadwood:P

Berwick have the easiest game of the three relegation candidates against an Edinburgh side with nothing to play for so I suspect they will be ok.

Really worry for us up at Montrose though. Need at least a point, doubt we will get it. Cowden seem far more likely to take something vs Elgin than we do.

Only got ourselves to blame though, utter piss for most of the season.

I was talking to my mate at half time about the guests from the 1967 team that finished 3rd in the old Division 1 behind Celtic and Rangers (despite being part time- amazing really). What must they have thought standing on the park today ? Sad I would imagine seeing the poor crowd, poor football and perilous league position. 

Archived