Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hollow ground no atmosphere.

I agree. But an alternative has to be found. That was my first Scottish Junior Cup final and although rugby park was ideal for seating. That playing surface is so wrong. It needs to be played on grass.

17 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Hollow ground no atmosphere.

yes that would be the case,but the argument for somerset or st mirren or any smaller venue could be problematic,take yesterday's attendance of 6k,utter pish but moving to one of the above would mean maybe an all ticket affair if the ground is below 10k capacity.Believe me the junior FA more than happy to play in half empty stadiums where they keep you guessing the actual attendance,as someone suggests for tax reasons ahem cough...cough.

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

I know cc1987 talks the same pish all time. More interested in seeing us getting beat than his own team.

39 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Getting slagged off by a Cumnock supporter is akin to a homeless man slagging off your curtains.

My team coming along just fine lads.

I knew what it felt like to be from Auchinleck yesterday.  Watching that final was like trying to choose between having sex with your sister or your mother.

6 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

I knew what it felt like to be from Auchinleck yesterday.  Watching that final was like trying to choose between having sex with your sister or your mother.

Out of interest which one did you choose

Same every time, the East Stand holds just short of 6000, if it wasn't full it couldn't have been far off it. Good turn out in the main stand also.

I'm not sure if that's right, from memory the West stand holds more than the east and I'm pretty sure the stands behind the goal don't have only a couple of thousand each.

I think the stand breakdown is something like:

Main stand/west: 5500
East: 4500
Moffat: 3500
Chadwick: 3500

50 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

It's all semantics given that they're usually the same person in your part of the World.

Same every time, the East Stand holds just short of 6000, if it wasn't full it couldn't have been far off it. Good turn out in the main stand also.

East stand holds 4900 . Main stand holds 4200 .

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

East stand holds 4900 . Main stand holds 4200 .

If that's true that would suggest the two stands behind the goal are almost as big given the whole place holds 18,000. That can't be right! 

Don't think it's been mentioned since the match, but the minutes applause was a joy to behold. 

Great tribute for the big man. Well done to both clubs and both sets of fans for organising it and conducting themselves in such a manner.

Easy Big Sam!

Just reading through some comments since the final, and letting the fact we have won the double sink in.
This is an amazing achievement for any club, especially so for 1 from such a small community, with no big backer jus a small but committed & dedicated Committee who run our club in the right way, who recruited the ONLY man for our managers job who has been picky in his recruitment of players to make sure absolutely every single one of them fits into the squad & brings something to the team on an individual level as well as & most importantly that they are adding to the team spirit we have in the squad!!!!
That goal from Cairnsy to win it, that's something special out the top drawer that one!!! Fitting that it won the game.
The Team Party in Campbell Hall afterwards was jus magic!! And players round all the pubs too thanking all the fans, love it!
I have absolutely no doubt Southy will regroup the boys in pre season ahead of season 17-18 to go again, with new targets & try and cement our place as greats after this phenomenally magic season .... let's not b another 1 season wonder like others that's gone before us.

Well done Glens, what a season, ive been so lucky to capture some great football and goals by the team ,  who will ever forget the Broxburn game in the 1st round down 3-1 with minutes to go and the two goals we scored in injury time , an unforgettable game for all that was there.  The league campaign games against Talbot , but the win at Cumbernauld against the Roy was a game that showed all that is good about the Juniors.  id like to thank everyone that has  sent me their good wishes .CMON YOU GLENS 

1 hour ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Well done Glens, what a season, ive been so lucky to capture some great football and goals by the team ,  who will ever forget the Broxburn game in the 1st round down 3-1 with minutes to go and the two goals we scored in injury time , an unforgettable game for all that was there.  The league campaign games against Talbot , but the win at Cumbernauld against the Roy was a game that showed all that is good about the Juniors.  id like to thank everyone that has  sent me their good wishes .CMON YOU GLENS 

Well deserved 

Archived