Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just in.  Best team won, great goal and decent crowd. Venue a disaster, wrong surface, idiot stewards, Police obliged to support them. All round an unpleasant experience.

glens fans in wi the pyrotechnics,i wasnt getting in cause my flag was attached to a wee stick you couldnae hing a string bean aff o

Sorry it wasn't the result we wanted but congratulations to Glenafton deserved winners a goal worthy of winning any cup final now on too the attendance 6100 I thought it looked more like 7500ish so does this mean the gate staff were pocketing cash ?? If they skimmed over 1000 out the attendance that's well over 5K ?

10 hours ago, Shanner said:

come to think of it has a Gaelic c**t ever tuned into this?

They need to show stuff that the rest of the population will watch to boost their average rating numbers given Gaelic is spoken by two sheep and a crofter called Calum.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They need to show stuff that the rest of the population will watch to boost their average rating numbers given Gaelic is spoken by two sheep and a crofter called Calum.

Calum sounds like a wee chooktur fanny.

Sorry it wasn't the result we wanted but congratulations to Glenafton deserved winners a goal worthy of winning any cup final now on too the attendance 6100 I thought it looked more like 7500ish so does this mean the gate staff were pocketing cash ?? If they skimmed over 1000 out the attendance that's well over 5K ?

It's no the 1st time it's happened. The Talbot bankies final had over 10 thousand in my opinion n they said there was less that 9. All 4 stands were used that day

Mon the papers

Well done to the Glens yesterday!!

Thoroughly deserved on the day. Fancied the Glens all season, and I'm sure some of the regular Glans posters on P+B will back me up on my point :thumsup2

Great effort from the best junior team in the country this year!!

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How many complimentary tickets do the clubs and officeholders get and how about sponsors etc?

We struggled to find 3 seats together an had to right to each end of the Glenafton stand. There were loads of seats reserved for hospitality, I'm not convinced those were counted. It would amount to few hundred in the part I seen.

glens fans in wi the pyrotechnics,i wasnt getting in cause my flag was attached to a wee stick you couldnae hing a string bean aff o

They took a small orange juice off me also a half empty (or) half full plastic water bottle.

I said really? It's the rules mate.
I'm not your mate [emoji35] I'm a old man who can hardly raise a smile talking to you. Let along throw a plastic bottle and why would I do that anyway. Police man standing near just smiled [emoji848]

Same every time, the East Stand holds just short of 6000, if it wasn't full it couldn't have been far off it. Good turn out in the main stand also.

Would junior fans agree to adding maybe a fiver or so to the gate price if junior FA booked hampden with a definate date being the week after senior cup final,with botn sets of fans seated opposite main stand.The extra cash going on 6k crowd is 30k,more than enough to hire and steward.Also gives our hero's chance to play at national stadium and i for one wouldnt mind paying £15 for the chance to watch talbot run out at hampden.

Would junior fans agree to adding maybe a fiver or so to the gate price if junior FA booked hampden with a definate date being the week after senior cup final,with botn sets of fans seated opposite main stand.The extra cash going on 6k crowd is 30k,more than enough to hire and steward.Also gives our hero's chance to play at national stadium and i for one wouldnt mind paying £15 for the chance to watch talbot run out at hampden.

Hollow ground no atmosphere.

Archived